what is the one thing in all of wdw that remind s you of walt the most

murphy

Original Poster
For all of us who grew up with walt and those of you who continue to be inspired after his death what is the one thing that reminds you of walt the most at wdw? To me i see and feel his imagination and his heart and intelligence in everything i feel there! That feeling I get everytime i'm there always amazes me and is my favorite part of every trip!!

Maria

Originally posted by murphy
For all of us who grew up with walt and those of you who continue to be inspired after his death what is the one thing that reminds you of walt the most at wdw?

Definitely, the "PArtners" statue. :D

murphy

Original Poster
I love the partners statue! the first time I went the picture i took of it was not the best, so everytime I go now I get a beautiful picture of it and it becomes the picture on the front of one of the photo albums i make each trip!

DDuckFan130

Definitely the attraction dedicated to him which i hope never goes away..."one man's dream"...i love everything about this attraction and it takes my breath away everything this man accomplished

besides the obvious, CoP, Pirates, IASW all remind me of him

MartyMouse

What reminds me of Walt?
It’s hard to say he was 5 years dead before I was born.
At one time I could have said the Walt Disney Story to the right in town square at the head of Main Street – but that’s gone now.
It would be easy to say all of the Magic Kingdom because it’s based on Walt’s ideas over in Disneyland, but having been to Disneyland for the first time this year it’s easy to see Walt’s touch in DL as opposed to WDW, so no not that.

I think when you walk into EPCOT go straight back to the lagoon and just do a 360 take it all – that’s Walt to me. Because the people who built that park didn’t just copy Disneyland they worked under the heavy burden of “Walt would Walt do?” Some say they missed the boat – and to a point I would agree – but at the heart of EPCOT is the true ideas of Walt Disney, not just the movies he made but the depth of his compassion for man. He wanted to change the world and its early days EPCOT was setting the stage for just that. Perhaps the EPCOT we know today isn’t causing change on a grand scale -but if the Living Seas inspires one child to become an oceanographer or Mission Space turns a child onto the idea of going beyond the pull of the earth, then Walt’s dream is coming true – not in the changes that come from the park but in the changes those who have visited it will cause.

BigNorm

Walt's Last Laugh

There's a story about it in Disney's Imagineering book, that involves Walt and Marc Davis. Marc was sketching some sketches of these bears and Walt thought they were funny. When he left the office he said goodbye to Marc, unusual because he always said see ya later or something like that. He died shortly after. What attraction makes me think of Walt Disney? The Country Bear Jamboree of course.

Goofyfanatic

Let me add...I am glad they have not closed Cop...it shows diseny has some respect for walt....If any other ride had this short of lines throughout the day it would have been closed already...but it seems disney is at least trying to keep walt's spirit alive, by keeping this attraction open.

egionet

Everything Disney reminds me of Walt. We have to remember that if he made a cute cartoon with a cute mouse named Mickey, none of what we see today would exist!

barnum42

Oooh – tricky question to narrow it down to one thing.

The Partner’s statue can’t be it, as this IS an image of Walt. Knowing what a fan of Trains Walt was I would say that riding the monorail as it approached the entrance to Magic Kingdom and seeing the Steam Train running parallel to it as it too was drawing into the entrance of Magic Kingdom.

I guess this is the reason I like the rickety train in Animal Kingdom. It’s a touch Walt would have approved of.

Walter

Well, he had died before I was born, but, from what I know about him, I feel that I can truly get a presence of the man. So, I'd have to say CoP. But, there is also one other thing that strongly reminds me of Walt that has now left us. And that is Horizons. It has his ideals written all over it. "If you can dream it, then you can do it" would have really appealed to him. I also believe that he had great ideas of the future, which Horizons also showcased. Overall, if it had to be one park, oddly enough, it would be Epcot. Walt's visions were strongly reflected in the old Epcot.

I have a couple, First off is adventure land, because it hasent changed much since 71 and its very very classic, ya know, i mean you can almost smell legacy there.

My second of course would be Tomarrowland, Walt loved the future with a passion and was always looking forward and up.

Kinda Supringly(if thats a word) my first is frontierland. I was lucky enough to work merchidise a couple of times there. And ill never forget the first time i walked into there money room and there was a 8x10 picture there in an old wood frame of Walt carrying a gun belt around his waist and pointing at somthing. Walt Loved the frointer america and the changing america, it was his favorate pastime:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom