What is the most over-rated and under-rated restaurants in WDW?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hmm, so what do you consider to be "good" pizza, or do you just not prefer the Neapolitan style?
“Bad” = anywhere in Florida
”good” = somewhere not in florida

Are we talking current offerings or 2021/2022 ?

IMHO for current overrated offerings that we've eaten at recently:
Magic Kingdom- Cinderella's Royal Table. Staff is wonderful, unfortunately, the food hasn't recovered post-shutdown.
Animal Kingdom- Tiffins, nothing says meh more than anything that shows up on your plate.
Polynesian - O'Hanna is "O'Heck NO" for us. Denny's at 3am is head and shoulders above its food quality.
Epcot- Garden Grill. Simply awful food.

Underrated:
Todd English's BlueZoo one dish: Steckerlfisch
Cinderella’s was gimmicky and bad. Let’s face it: magic kingdom has always generally sucked…because it never had to be good.

in general: the food as half as good as it was 20 years ago by both quality, variety and especially price in relative terms

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
“Bad” = anywhere in Florida
”good” = somewhere not in florida

Cinderella’s was gimmicky and bad. Let’s face it: magic kingdom has always generally sucked…because it never had to be good.

in general: the food as half as good as it was 20 years ago by both quality, variety and especially price in relative terms

In 2014 they had a new chef who came in and produced some actually amazing meals (had to dig in my photos to get the year) using seasonally available ingredients.

1643288702607.png
1643288740501.png
1643288792871.png

1643288925870.png

JIMINYCR

Over rated for the price, amount served on plate and quality of steak.... Le Cellier
Under rated for flavorful items and serice.... La Hacienda.

Lilofan

Underrated but no longer.. Port Orleans resort buffet breakfast approx 20 years ago, including all u can eat grilled steak and sugary addicting beignets just like in New Orleans. It was approx $12 per person.

Phonedave

It is very subjective, but my votes are

Overrated:
Le Cellier
'Ohana - It is 'Ohana (family), not O'Hana (your local Guinness and Shepherds Pie place)
Sci-Fi Dine In

Underrated:
Turf Club (when it was open)
Trattoria al Forno

Keep in mind Overrated does not mean the worst (or even that they are bad). It just means there is a lot of hype for these places, and they fall short of it.

Underrated does not mean the best, or even that they are great.
Turf Club had a decent, if somewhat limited, menu. But it was decent, not horrendously priced, and you could almost always get a walk up table.
Trattoria al Forno somehow flies under the radar. I found the food to be good, and better yet, I did not feel like I had been mugged for my wallet, clothes, and children, when the bill came.

Lilofan

Good point on counter service, no tipping.
i’d like to add raglan road for underrated. i don’t see it mentioned that often. good food & entertainment, & the food is reasonably priced. bonus points for cooke’s of dublin although it’s counter service 😋

SaintsDivide

Overrated:
Be Our Guest - I avoid BoG like the plague. It's expensive and considerably louder than other restaurants on property. You can't hear yourself think and I feel like I've seen more children get overwhelmed and have a meltdown in that restaurant than anywhere else on property. The high ceilings and open design of the main ballroom are probably what make it so bad. If you get seated in a side room it's better, but that still doesn't guarantee the service or food is going to be good. For $62 the prefix menu is fine, but it's nothing stellar and there are better places to spend your money.

Underrated:
Sanaa - I feel like I don't need to explain this one lol. Sanaa is a bit out of the way so that's probably why most people haven't dined here, but it's so worth it! The bread service is to die for and you can almost always get a last minute reservation. It's a hidden gem.

NickPytlinski

we always love narcossees and i don't hear many people talk about it. so i'll say that is my under rated choice.

my over-rated choice would have to be Be our guest - its a fun and well themed restaurant but the food is pretty meh for the price range. However, we liked it enough firs time round to go 3 more times.

DisGhost

Our group enjoyed Tiffins.

We really enjoyed Morimoto also, don't see a lot of talk about that one.
Morimoto and Tiffins are our two favorite restaurants and are on our "must do" list for every visit!

I feel like there's a difference between "underrated" and "fan favorites/fan pans" because often times the bloggers and such will hate on a restaurant that a lot of WDW fans rate the highest. That said:

Overrated:
Liberty Tree Tavern (bland and mushy food, although the ooey gooey toffee cake was yum)
Prime Time (also bland and mushy and our waitress didn't do much of the famous interacting)
Coral Reef (although, I never see much good about it so I wouldn't call it overrated, just, terrible)

Underrated:
Morimoto - our must go every time
Enzo's Hideaway -husband accidentally got an ADR here instead of Maria and Enzo's and it was fabulous
Skipper Canteen

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom