What is the maximum you would pay for Lightning Plus?

How much would you pay for Lightning Plus on every visit?

• $20-$40

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • $40-60

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • $60-$80

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • $80 - $120

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • It doesn't matter, I'm rich!

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • $0 I like stand by lines that take hours

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters

Phroobar

Original Poster
Given how long the lines are at Disneyland and that you are a Magic Pass holder, how much would you pay to use Genie+ Lightning Plus every time you visit the parks?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I loved when there was no fastpass last year and ideally I'd love to pay nothing, but since the system is there and it is causing standby to be much longer, I'd like it to stay where it is for a long as possible. $20-25 is my limit.

Mickeyboof

Not going to pay for a service that doesn’t better my experience, especially one that is terrible for everyone as a lot. By spending $0, I’m investing in the dissolution of Genie+ and Bob’s endless pay-to-play “services.”

milordsloth

I can only go off of my personal experience. I went twice the past year before Genie+ and once in January with Genie+ and I had a much better experience with it. I will gladly buy it again on my next visit.

CaptinEO

I sadly happened to visit a few days after it was introduced (had the trip planned before the genie date was known).

We bought it and its like no one knew it existed. We skipped every line while everyone else waited. 5 minutes at most for each ride we used it on.

Does it suck for the people who are in standby? Yes. Did it work for us (a group that no longer has regular visits and annual passes), yes.

PiratesMansion

Frankly the prices need to be higher. MUCH higher.

Other parks tend to START their prices for similar programs at around $100 a person/day. Frankly a place like Disneyland could command much higher. It's not as nice sounding as $20 (or free), but the number of people who would use it would go down significantly-making the standby lines move much less glacially than they are apparently moving right now.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I consider everyone that said zero a hypocrite. I can guarantee if faced with long stand by lines, they will buy into it.

Dapale

I consider everyone that said zero a hypocrite. I can guarantee if faced with long stand by lines, they will buy into it.
As a Dream key holder who lives 25 mins from the park, I can just come back and ride any ride on another day if it has a long line. I have zero use to buy Genie+ or ILL selections. It only makes sense to those who either have keys but only use them every once in awhile, or for people using regular ticket admission. The only way I’d spend money on Genie+ is if they made it a singular price add-on to the key (like MaxPass was for that short period of time). Even then I hope they don’t do that simply because it makes standby atrocious for everyone.

Phroobar

Original Poster
As a Dream key holder who lives 25 mins from the park, I can just come back and ride any ride on another day if it has a long line. I have zero use to buy Genie+ or ILL selections. It only makes sense to those who either have keys but only use them every once in awhile, or for people using regular ticket admission. The only way I’d spend money on Genie+ is if they made it a singular price add-on to the key (like MaxPass was for that short period of time). Even then I hope they don’t do that simply because it makes standby atrocious for everyone.
What happens when the line is long all the time?

Dapale

What happens when the line is long all the time?
I just don't choose not to wait in it. I haven't experienced many trips where I just couldn't do anything. Being able to get on Rise in 50 mins or less is worth it to me, getting on Indi in less than 40 is fine, etc, etc. I might just have a higher tolerance for waits though. A lot of what is posted is nottttt accurate to the actual wait times at all. Just from experience I basically know how long each line is going to take just by looking at it and making some guesses based on the LL availability.

CJR

If they must charge anything at all for it, for me, it depends on the value I'm getting for it. I think Disney should use variable pricing based on the reservations it has for the day. The busier it is, the more it should cost. This would allow standby lines to move more quickly while at the same time providing incentive for those who purchase.

As it is right now, I don't find it valuable since too many people can buy it and that minimizes the benefit for everyone else who does. I'd say you still wait in a lot of regular standby lines if you purchase Genie+, you just get some bonus rides in. Most people certainly don't spend more time in the stores or eating lunch, they wait in line for other rides until their next LL time is ready.

Vegas Disney Fan

I just don't choose not to wait in it. I haven't experienced many trips where I just couldn't do anything. Being able to get on Rise in 50 mins or less is worth it to me, getting on Indi in less than 40 is fine, etc, etc. I might just have a higher tolerance for waits though. A lot of what is posted is nottttt accurate to the actual wait times at all. Just from experience I basically know how long each line is going to take just by looking at it and making some guesses based on the LL availability.

We’ll either skip it or wait, key holder visits are very different to the once a year/decade visits many people take.

We tried it last visit and will never do it again, we paid the price and still waited in 40 minute LL lines, we‘d see far more value in paying $50 for 15 minute waits compared to $20 for 40 minute waits. We saw zero value in it as it‘s currently implemented.

Dapale

We’ll either skip it or wait, key holder visits are very different to the once a year/decade visits many people take.

We tried it last visit and will never do it again, we paid the price and still waited in 40 minute LL lines, we‘d see far more value in paying $50 for 15 minute waits compared to $20 for 40 minute waits. We saw zero value in it as it‘s currently implemented.
That is quite surprising. Did you guys happen to use it during the holidays or over the president’s weekend? Otherwise I hadn’t heard of LL performing necessarily bad wait-wise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom