• Jungle Cruise

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • The Haunted Mansion

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Frozen Singalong Celebration

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters

AdventureHasAName

All long gone, but the three funniest attractions were Cranium Command at EPCOT Center, and the original Superstar Television and the original Monster Sound Show at Disney MGM Studios.

Goofyernmost

I voted for Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, but if we're looking at all-time I'd go with The Transportarium by far. You just can't beat Robin Williams as an AA!
How did I forget Timekeeper. That show amazed me. Not just because it was Robin Williams at his best but how the people or person that programed the animatronic managed to capture his mannerisms to the letter. That is one show that I truly miss. The team of him and Nine Eye where great. I'm not sure if that is what you were talking about, but that one at least was so much better then Laugh Floor which is also good but nowhere near the caliber of Mr. Williams. The downfall of that was because it required people to stand up for a few minutes. Can't have that!

Heppenheimer

I remember another attraction that was always good for at least one belly laugh from the crowd: the water effects demonsrtation on the Backlot Tour. You knew the "volunteer" (more likely, plant...) was going to get wet, but the massive size of the big splash at the end came as a surprise if you hadn't seen it before. Particularly the sea battle version.

Last edited:

NelleBelle

I remember another attraction that was always good at least one belly laugh from the crowd: the water effects demonstation on the Backlot Tour. You knew the "volunteer" (more likely, plant...) was going to get wet, but the massive size of big splash at the end came as a surprise if you hadn't seen it before. Particularly the sea battle version.
The Backlot Tour was one my favs of that park--so sad that it's gone. I really wished they could've fleshed that park out with more behind the scene Disney Movie making things instead of the hash the park has become. 😕

NelleBelle

Oh, it was in no way a plant. A friend of mine was the lucky volunteer once, and got soaked!

Correct. I remember watching that preshow and it was cut short because the guy tripped and fell.
I always thought it was an actual audience participant. We'd see the tour several times/day when we were at the park and it was someone different each time. Glad to know it wasn't a "plant"!

Sbk1234

I voted for Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, but if we're looking at all-time I'd go with The Transportarium by far. You just can't beat Robin Williams as an AA!
For Robin Williams fans ( and IMHO, anyone who likes to laugh) the original videos from the Animation department at Disney/MGM Studios was hilarious. He and Walter Cronkite were wonderful together, and Robin so completely presented that childlike wonder of the definitive WDW fan.

Trackmaster

I don't really find any funny to be honest. Disney is at its best when its serious and captures your heart and imagination. You can't really do comedy when there may be kids there. It just turns into groaners and pointless dad jokes.

Sbk1234

I don't really find any funny to be honest. Disney is at its best when its serious and captures your heart and imagination. You can't really do comedy when there may be kids there. It just turns into groaners and pointless dad jokes.
I have to respectfully disagree with you on that. While I admit that most humor is subjective, I have seen some absolutely, genuinely hilarious humor at Disney parks. Way back in the 90s there was a film in the Disney Studios which featured a scene of an imposing Chernabog absolutely cowering at the sight of Micheal Eisner, the afore mentioned Robin Williams film with Walter Cronkite, some of the improv in Turtle Talk, as well as a few others. The humor is there, if one looks for it.

Smiley/OCD

A few that are good for chuckles: Jungle cruise & Monsters Inc. IF you have a good skipper and/or a good comic backstage for Monsters...we've had a little stand up done by a CM at the start of CBJ that was great...Patrick's pre-flight on Soarin' and the best laughs we've found were the guests getting off drenched on Kali...that's always good for a laugh or two...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom