Votes: 18 15.3%
  • The Haunted Mansion

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Frozen Singalong Celebration

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters

Trackmaster

Sense of humor you have not.

Just because I don't appreciate groaners and dad jokes doesn't mean I lack a sense of humor. The term "sense of humor" means that you are correctly able to identify what is funny, and what's not. If you find the groaners that you hear on River Adventure funny, you would by definition not have a well adjusted sense of humor. Maybe you need to take a field trip to see Second City in Chicago, or another improv group in a big city sometime. Or try to see if any good stand-up comics come around to your area some time.

I get it, you can't do real comedy at a park where people of all ages go. I get it. Just don't attempt something that you can't successfully pull off. I think that Disney is fine when its serious. When its serious and well done, it entertains the kids, and is something that is enjoyable for all ages.

Just because I don't appreciate groaners and dad jokes doesn't mean I lack a sense of humor. The term "sense of humor" means that you are correctly able to identify what is funny, and what's not. If you find the groaners that you hear on River Adventure funny, you would by definition not have a well adjusted sense of humor. Maybe you need to take a field trip to see Second City in Chicago, or another improv group in a big city sometime. Or try to see if any good stand-up comics come around to your area some time.

I get it, you can't do real comedy at a park where people of all ages go. I get it. Just don't attempt something that you can't successfully pull off. I think that Disney is fine when its serious. When its serious and well done, it entertains the kids, and is something that is enjoyable for all ages.
bdb.jpg

The Colonel

the muppets will never not be the peak of comedy to me
The Muppets are very funny but clearly racist and sexist. Sam Eagle is clearly a fascist, white supremacist and I believe was seen during the Capitol insurrection. Kermit is obviously a sexist pervert constantly mansplaining things to Miss Piggy. Miss Piggy is nothing but a fat shaming promotion for body dysmorphia. The xenophobic portrayal of the Swedish Chef is truly shameful in this day and age. And clearly there is a dearth of Muppets of color, female Muppets, and the LGBTQ Community has no Muppet representation.

Sir_Cliff

For Robin Williams fans ( and IMHO, anyone who likes to laugh) the original videos from the Animation department at Disney/MGM Studios was hilarious. He and Walter Cronkite were wonderful together, and Robin so completely presented that childlike wonder of the definitive WDW fan.
Robin Williams in that film turning into Mickey and saying (in Mickey voice) "Hi everybody, I'm a corporate symbol!" is one of the funniest lines in any WDW attraction I can remember!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom