What is the first thing you do when arriving?

marynorth

OK, only 33 days until we arrive. In the meantime, we are purchasing my dreamhouse in my dream-neighborhood, but that takes a backseat to my anticipation over arriving at WDW with my DH and two darling children! I love to plan with my 6 year old just what we'll do first when we arrive. We have decided that we'll take the boat to the MK from WL and hop the train to acclimate my almost 3 year old son. We'll exit at Mickey's toontown and let him absorb it slowly, maybe try him on Goofy's Barnstormer (he just makes the height cutoff). Then we're off! We don't like a stringent plan, we just float where the Disney gods take us!

So what do y'all like to do when you first arrive?

MelBelle

First thing after checking in: Unpack and change clothes, notice the 10 important things I forgot (shampoo, checkbook...oh who knows I've even forgotten my contacts :confused: I am not a good packer)
Then after figuring out a plan to replace everything forgotten it's usually mid-afternoon to evening so we make a plan for dinner (usually Marrakesh or Le Celler in World Showcase) and then wander around that park for a few hours and last sleep!

Upvote 0

WDWFanatic

Turn on resort t.v., plop down on the bed and yell I'm Back!! Then realize that I was in such a hurry to get to WDW I must now drive back to Maryland and pick up the family.

Upvote 0

ROBNRHONDA

Well, coming from Idaho, we usually arrive around 5:30 P.M. So, like a lot of others, we normally go to Downtown Disney and do a little shopping, along with dinner at the Rainforest. Kinda ease away from the real world and become eight years old again.

Great topic for our first post on this board!

BTW...We leave for "The World" on Sept. 30th...YAY!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Officer Tigger

We are still using some of the soap we took from our April trip. Lots to take in a two bedroom villa at the Beach Club.
The first thing I do is turn on the tv and listen to the WDW tv. Then we walk over to Epcot for dinner.

Upvote 0

KyranJade

The bakery down in Liberty Square opens up. Order an ice cream sandwich and eat it with the castle in view first thing in the morning....if that doesn't start your vacation off away from the rest of the world, nothing will.

Upvote 0

Agent1964fem

The first thing we do is check into our room,,,Change our clothes and then decide what park we are going to first.

Go on dream like dreamers do....and all your wishes will come true.

Caribbean Beach 2003
Wilderness Lodge 1998
Next Trip August 2005 Resort (?)

Upvote 0

dandaman

Boo's Mom said:
now the first thing we do after getting everything in the hotel room is grab the mickey soap and hide it in our suitcases :lookaroun anybody else do that too
My family must have 20 Mickey soaps and shampoos in our cabinet. Nice to know someone else does it besides us...:lol:

Upvote 0

killaleejr

The first thing we do after checking in is to check out the pool, food court and rest of the resort to see if everything is still as perfect as it was the last time we were there. and yup it is

Upvote 0

Mom's the word

Ice cream sandwich for my son's breakfast at the MK, picture in front of Walt and Mickey statue in front of castle and on to Peter Pan's Flight. My brother says it sets the tone as we fly away from the "real" world and into pure fantasy. 3 weeks and counting.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom