What is the dumbest thing you've heard a guest say to a character?

FettFan

Never said it, but I've thought it many times.

I once heard someone ask the Fett character at a SW preview m&g if he was Bobba or Jango. To be fair, this person, while she had encouraged and financed her eldest son's addiction to all things Star Wars, did not pay much attention to lesser characters and back stories....although she did perk up when scruffy Han or smooth-talkin' Lando made an appearance.

Just wait until Din Djarin shows up in the parks.
“So are you Boba Fett or Jango Fett?”
tenor.gif

Figments Friend

There used to be a whole forum, more or less, on this topic. Or at least it was all about stupid guests, and covered all the dumb things guests do, but posts died off, and it is long gone. I know there was section on character interactions, but I don't recall any specifics. Too bad, because some of the anecdotes were pretty funny.

Must have been the Forum 'Stupid Guest Tricks'.
A great place to read stories about what it's really like to work at a Disney Theme Park, no matter the role.

-

Giss Neric

With the popularity of TikTok, younglings are doing cringe challenges to the characters. Most are trying to break their character. Some makes the characters do these ridiculous dance trends which they do anyways and it looks awkward cause they have to pretend they are not from that era.

jloucks

"Are you the Easter Bunny?"- kid to Br'er Rabbit
This one's kinda cute, and to be fair Brer Rabbit has been AWOL since the early 80's.
Hmmm,, and come to think of it, I have never seen Brer anywhere. That would have been a rare treat, for me at least. LOVED that character as a kid (yep, I'm that old).

Brer Panther

This one's kinda cute, and to be fair Brer Rabbit has been AWOL since the early 80's.
Hmmm,, and come to think of it, I have never seen Brer anywhere. That would have been a rare treat, for me at least. LOVED that character as a kid (yep, I'm that old).
The only Brer I've ever met, or even seen outside of a parade, is Brer Fox. Met him... I think back in 2007.

Depressingly, unless the Splash Mountain retheme is cancelled, those characters are likely going to become even more rare.

Phonedave

Thankfully those kinds of creepy guests wanting to use the characters for their own photo shoots were rare. Was there no Photopass photographer? Because they or the attendant should have put a stop to that really quick. "Sorry sir, but only a couple of photos per guest, there are others waiting. We're happy to get one with you and the doll, but can't do just the doll."

This was pre-photopass.

Phonedave

1) Got to be the guy and his fiance one with Ariel.....the Guy actually thinks he's the first one to ever ask, and Ariel has been trained for the comment and has the answer ready.

Story has been around for quite sometime now, and we've witnessed it a couple of times. The Dude asks Ariel if she can help his fiance "lose her voice"....to which Ariel looks to the dude's fiance replies "you need to find you another Prince".

I'm sure you've witnessed this in your tenure at the World.

I'm guessing most of the dudes who ask this have read this online, and thought they'd impress their fiance........this SAME story appeared recently on this forum.....and it appears every other year or so.....

2) Someone yells "there's Woody" to the Toy Story characters at DHS....thinking they will all "drop".....seen this one many times as well

OK, what am I missing.

1) Ariel lost her voice because she made a deal to get legs. I'm not following what helping someones fiance loose their voice would do?

and in #2, its "Andy's coming" not "Woody's coming"

Dad 2 M & M

OK, what am I missing.

1) Ariel lost her voice because she made a deal to get legs. I'm not following what helping someones fiance loose their voice would do?

and in #2, its "Andy's coming" not "Woody's coming"
My bad on #2...it was Andy

The Ariel one was referencing many who had issues with the Little Mermaid story of Ariel being willing to lose her voice to be with her man. So I guess it was not a direct trade as she traded for legs....and legs we needed to get her man?

That Ariel "guy and his fiance" story has been around for some time now and appears on this thread occasionally....and it IS the dumbest thing I've heard someone ask a character.....

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom