What is the "Disney magic"?

C&D

The Disney magic is probably a lot of different things to different people. When I was still working, it was escape for a week; no driving, no work related thinking, no 'worries' (as it were). Now as a retiree; it is nostalgic, it is feeling of a home away from home and it is exploring the 'mechanicals' to see how they pull it all off.

forevermickey

Wow! Disney Magic. For me there's nothing like it! I was brought up on Disney movies (born in 1971).... went to WDW at age 6 (I think)... thus began the Disney magic for me.. All things Disney brings me to a place of happiness, deep breaths, fun, enchantment, a fantasy that is a reality for a brief moment, nostalgia, home, safety, love, wholeness. I probably could go on... It is strange that not only this place, but all the music it encompasses stirs so many wonderful emotions within..... just the sheer name DISNEY can bring a smile to my face.. I have only touched the surface of what Disney Magic means to me...... Someone that is not a Disney fan would read this and probably think I have deep seeded issues... but I believe I am a happy well grounded person ..:hammer: hahha

Disney61

It is said that you can never go home again...outside of Disney that is so true. Even with the changes that Disney does make to the parks, I always get the feeling that I can go home again when I'm there visiting. I still get that magical feeling inside when I visit now as I did when I first visited as a kid back in 72.

jennc2001

Disney magic for me is basically just feeling like a kid again. Getting to watch my kids having the time of their lives and seeing all of their favorite characters.....love it! *fingers crossed for more magic in September*

quirkle

I first visited the Magic Kingdom when I was 4 in 1977. This is one of my first memories of being truly happy. Once I walked (yes - no metal stroller) through the tunnel and looked at main street and up to the castle. To me - the fact that I was so close to Cinderella's house was what took my little breath away. When I actually got to meet Cinderella it was like meeting the most important person in the world - she smelled of happiness and love.

I went throughout the years and at each age the magic was something different; seeing EPCOT with my Dad - he had tears in his eyes at how educational and beautiful it was; going on space mountain with my brother, waiting for DUMBO with my sister. Leading the Electrical Light Parade with the band.

Being 21 and bringing my soon to be fiance with me to Disney for his first visit when he was 25. He had heard us talk about the dozens of trips we had taken, seen my DIsney love and finally let me take him. He walked through the tunnel and smelled the popcorn - saw Main Street and simply said - I get it! How magical.

Now my little girls are Disney fanatics themselves. My favorite memory of all time is my 8 year old going at 2 1/2 and eatting breakfast at CRT. Snow White picked her up and put her on her lap. The magic in her eyes will forever be in my heart.

Disney Magic for me is the fact that my happiest moments happened there. It is the fact that this stressed teacher gets on the DME and the stress just falls off my back and I become 4 again.

The little details that make it more than just a theme park. Like the ball in Tomorrowland that doesn't really have any reason to be there, but it is, and that adds just a small extra touch that most other places would never even bother to put in. Things like PUSH, the talking trash can. For the first few visits there is something new to see every time.

Walt Disney1955

It is almost impossible to explain because we've all been there and it's implied magic when we talk about it because everyone else understands it. But to analyze and explain it? Well, I'll try.

I think first and foremost it is an escape into another world. Nothing matters in this world. I truly deep down in my heart believe that the only better place to be in the world would be heaven, so that might get you into my mindset right there.

I think it's the attention to detail. How many theme parks have the detail like they do on the Tree of Life? Where else can you ride Small World? What else in the world is remotely close to Pirates or Haunted Mansion? Or what else has the overall feel of Tower of Terror?

I can't explain it, but when you are there, you are in awe that you are there. I think the "magic" is the idea that you'll never see a better parade than Spectromagic or that you'll never see a better fireworks show than Wishes. Honestly, is there a better feeling in the world than watching the fireworks in front of the castle? And look at the peacefulness of the others watching it. Make sure to take a look around when Wishes is going on. EVERYBODY is drawn to it and they don't waver.

There's just an extra little touch in the parks that even Universal can't touch. There are things like the legend of Walt himself still prevelant in the parks and the "See you real soon" sign on your drive home out of the park. I guess you could call it magic, because I don't know how else to explain it

lbrad

It's that "feeling" of happiness ...leaving ALL your worries & stress back home.

Letting the kid in you come out!!!

FUN abounds .... characters that can make even Grumpy smile :)

Restaurants & Resorts that cater to you & your family... seeing the joy in your childrens eyes ... awesome FIREWORKS ...
my list is neverending ...magical

powlessfamily4

It's fireworks, pixie dust, wishes and happily everafter. An overwhelming emotion that no matter how bad the world is, your back home in your happy place and there's a great big beautiful tomorrow around each corner.

disney magic for me is being able to take my kids to a place where they can see there favorite characters, have a great time and for my wife and i to be a kid again. there is nothing like seeing your childs face the first time they see mickey, one of the princesses or whatever it may be. it's priceless

rsoxguy

For me, it's when you walk up to a counter, and a CM says, "hello, may I help you on this magical day?". And then you hand them your purchase, all the while observing their smile and cheerful attitude. Oh boy, it only gets better! They proceed in making your time at the counter a pleasure throughout the entire exchange, and then you walk away, realizing that you just paid $120 for a polo shirt that usually costs $30 elsewhere. Voilá, Magic!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The technique of parting guests and their money, usually in exchange for overpriced goods or services, without complaint from the purchaser because of brand loyalty (or should that be blind).

cynic710

disney magic to me is this:

the closest feeling to being a child again. reliving fond memories and creating new ones. it is the one constant in a life that changes with every breath. it is shared and charished by many.

DeaverTex

I have to admit, I ask the same question myself. I've never been to Disney (either one) and I'm still a little nervous that after making that big an economic sacrifice, I won't really "get it".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom