What is the deal with HISTA?

coasterphil

I wanted to know how Kodak got the OK to be so overtly commercial in the entire pavilion. No where else on property is the sponsorship so poorly handled, IMO.

As for the show itself, the 4-D effect are up with ITTBAB as the best on property so I wish the film wasn't so dated looking.

JLW11Hi

I think the entire pavillion needs to be completely overhauled.

The theme of "Imagination" leaves SO MANY posibillities...I mean, aren't they called "Imagineers"?

I really don't even care if they use Figment/Dreamfinder anymore at this point. They just need to make something new, fun, and complete! Take out the theater, make the entire pavillion a ride. Do whatever has got to be done. I just think its odd, with all the great enhancements going on around Future World, that the one pavillion that seems to be the most underwhelming is the one themed to Imagination.

lilredfoxie

I just think its odd, with all the great enhancements going on around Future World, that the one pavillion that seems to be the most underwhelming is the one themed to Imagination.

What about Energy? with all the problems in the world today about energy and oil, that pavilion is stuck with an 12 year old show, whos only draw nowadays seems to be the Air Conditioning, The Dinosaurs, and Ellen. Its another pavilion that has a lot of potential for something great and current. :king:

BSikor

Original Poster
Im still looking for video of the preshow films, either one of HISTA, noone seems to have em, not mousebits or youtube

Exactly! I was speaking to Martin Smith during the 25th at Epcot and he said he was upset and kicking himself that he never got a recording of Makin' Memories before it left and I was thinking about True Colors and thought about how I should get a recording but found that it was replaced with that commercial. Does anyone know when that rehad happened. I know that the last rehab gave us new carpet and screens.

Cmdr_Crimson

I have audio of the HISTA pre-show but not the Epcot version but of the DL version I think? I guess it was to be a "LIVE" News report from behind the curtain before the awards show begins...Why couldn't they just do this one instead?

yeti

Honey I Shrunk The Kids was a wonderful movie... in the 80's!

Sadly, my kids know who Rocky Balboa is, but not Rick Moranis. It's just been too long.

Yes, it has been too long for Rick Moranis.

So why not change the film to "Journey Into Rocky's Imagination".

JLW11Hi

What about Energy? with all the problems in the world today about energy and oil, that pavilion is stuck with an 12 year old show, whos only draw nowadays seems to be the Air Conditioning, The Dinosaurs, and Ellen. Its another pavilion that has a lot of potential for something great and current. :king:

Oh, I agree. Energy is the other pavillion that needs a total revamp or maybe even a new theme. I just think there are a ton of different, and probably more interesting ideas that can come out of the theme of Imagination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom