What is the better land New FantasyLand , Pandora, or Galaxy's Edge?

What is the best land in your own opinion?

• New FantasyLand

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Pandora: the World of Avatar

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • Star Wars; Galaxy's Edge

Votes: 79 53.7%

• Total voters

Tomi-Rocket

I appreciate, enjoy, love, and am impressed by all three. However, for me GE wins hands down due to me being a huge SW fan. To me it was like actually stepping into the SW universe, and I was blown away by the scope and detail. I. LOVED. IT. đź’śđź’ś

BigDlover

Pandora! It's the prettiest, has FOP (my fave Disney ride), and I love the snack & food options! It has a great sense of adventure. I even love the music. And it's really cool at night!

Galaxy's Edge was cool but I've never been a Star Wars fan so I don't care about the cast members playing the characters and the rest of the immersion into that story. So I experience that land more as it is than the emotions behind it. I haven't been since RofR opened but Smuggler's Run was just okay. I went to eat at Docking Bay 7 and I didn't like the options (and I'm an adventurous eater) so I ate at Ronto's Roasters which was good but few options. The Blue Milk was gross lol. Oga's Cantina was cool but all the rules took some of the fun out of it lol. Overall GE is a big, beige land with a lot of stores. I agree with one of the posters that said GE is all about taking your money. I get that Star Wars is an enormous franchise and people want and are willing to buy loads of merch, but in some ways GE feels like a mall.

New Fantasyland is great but the only parts I really love are The Little Mermaid and Be Our Guest Restaurant. Main Train is cute but disappointing as a coaster.

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Pandora! It's the prettiest, has FOP (my fave Disney ride), and I love the snack & food options! It has a great sense of adventure. I even love the music. And it's really cool at night!

Galaxy's Edge was cool but I've never been a Star Wars fan so I don't care about the cast members playing the characters and the rest of the immersion into that story. So I experience that land more as it is than the emotions behind it. I haven't been since RofR opened but Smuggler's Run was just okay. I went to eat at Docking Bay 7 and I didn't like the options (and I'm an adventurous eater) so I ate at Ronto's Roasters which was good but few options. The Blue Milk was gross lol. Oga's Cantina was cool but all the rules took some of the fun out of it lol. Overall GE is a big, beige land with a lot of stores. I agree with one of the posters that said GE is all about taking your money. I get that Star Wars is an enormous franchise and people want and are willing to buy loads of merch, but in some ways GE feels like a mall.

New Fantasyland is great but the only parts I really love are The Little Mermaid and Be Our Guest Restaurant. Main Train is cute but disappointing as a coaster.
I agree Pandora is just amazing. I hope to experience Rise of the Resistance someday.

Letteyeti

I love the Animal Kingdom and I love Pandora as I think it makes an already beautiful park even more beautiful. Also add a premiere attraction in Flight of Passage and also one in Na'vi River Journey which is stunningly beautiful it is an awesome land addition.

durangojim

Pandora is impressive but seems like everything is compressed in that land to me. Also the experience there at night was a letdown. I was expecting vibrant colors and everything was just kind of dark and dull. I’m an admitted SW fan but GE is great and amazingly beautiful at night. Also Millenium Falcon is a fantastic ride if you’re willing to have fun and not freak out or get upset about your score (although my son and I did score 11,000+ when we were the pilots;)). RotR is the best theme park experience I’ve ever had.

Fox&Hound

I will never understand the hate for NFL (it gets my vote). I love Mine Train. It is short but so are a lot of Disney rides: it is so magical and full of fun twists and turns. And the animatronics are INCREDIBLE! Be Our Guest is a good place to dine (albeit not the best), I love Gaston's and the cozy little corner it provides, Belle's is a bit of a miss for me (wish we had the ride), I love Mermaid (don't care what the haters say), and Dumbo with its play area is a family favorite.

TheX8

Since lands based on one singular IP are on the rise in theme parks what is the best one Disney has built?

I'm a huuuuuuge Star Wars fan. It's my #1 fandom. What bothered me about GE is that the unfamiliarity of Batuu distracts from truly enjoying GE. I would have preferred Tatooine as the setting. Who wouldn't want to enjoy drinking at the Mos Eisley cantina while seeing remarkable animatronics of Figrin D'An and the Modal Nodes playing music. I also felt that the transition from other areas of the park were not seamless. I love you Star Wars but GE should have been more.

Pandora on the other hand is a true beauty of imagineering. The transitions from Discovery Island to Pandora were seamless and you felt completely immersed with the land. Flight of Passage is an amazing E-Ticket. Also the food is a lot better in Satul'i Canteen.

My vote goes for Pandora.

KikoKea

I voted for Pandora. While I do see the amazing work in GE- rockwork, SW elements, etc.- DH and I do not find it a place we like to linger. We miss having bgm and the desert, bombed-out feeling does not appeal to us...but I do appreciate the work put into the land. In Pandora, I absolutely love the colors, the imaginative plants, the sounds, the music, and the water features. Give me a Mickey bar and I'll be happy to sit, listen, and look. It's a beautiful land.

BASS

Pandora. As much as I wanted it to be Galaxy's Edge, I found it somewhat un-navigable. I've only been one time so maybe I need a second trip, but I thought there was a lot of space and not a lot of attractions or things to do.

Ldno

I'm a huuuuuuge Star Wars fan. It's my #1 fandom. What bothered me about GE is that the unfamiliarity of Batuu distracts from truly enjoying GE. I would have preferred Tatooine as the setting. Who wouldn't want to enjoy drinking at the Mos Eisley cantina while seeing remarkable animatronics of Figrin D'An and the Modal Nodes playing music. I also felt that the transition from other areas of the park were not seamless. I love you Star Wars but GE should have been more.

Pandora on the other hand is a true beauty of imagineering. The transitions from Discovery Island to Pandora were seamless and you felt completely immersed with the land. Flight of Passage is an amazing E-Ticket. Also the food is a lot better in Satul'i Canteen.

That’s exactly how i felt, all i want to do in GE is just shop since there’s nothing else to do. Pandora all the way.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster

Exactly! I do like Batuu but it stinks how there is nothing familiar with the land besides the Falcon. They really should've built Tatooine and Endor.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Do you think they built a new planet bc if they built Tatooine or Endor the expectations would be so high they were nervous they would never live up to it?
Apparently they were going to but Kathleen Kennedy intervened and said the land should focus on the sequels so they could tie into the new movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom