What is the better land New FantasyLand , Pandora, or Galaxy's Edge?

What is the best land in your own opinion?

• New FantasyLand

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Pandora: the World of Avatar

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • Star Wars; Galaxy's Edge

Votes: 79 53.7%

• Total voters

bryanfze55

Galaxy's Edge>Pandora>>>New Fantasy land.

It's "cool" to hate on Galaxy's Edge, but it's, IMO at least, the most impressive land Disney has ever done.

It looks really cool, but I just haven’t enjoyed my time there that much. Trust me, I want to... no trying to be “cool” or anything. Maybe if I tried the play app, I would find some entertainment.

Getachew

It looks really cool, but I just haven’t enjoyed my time there that much. Trust me, I want to... no trying to be “cool” or anything. Maybe if I tried the play app, I would find some entertainment.

Do you like Star Wars in the slightest? Not that I believe that matters much, because I don't like the Avatar movies but like Pandora.

TrainsOfDisney

Do you like Star Wars in the slightest? Not that I believe that matters much, because I don't like the Avatar movies but like Pandora.

I like Star Wars and am overall not impressed with Galaxies Edge. It’s a big miss for me, as much as I want to love it. I have played the game on my phone, and it’s fun, I think the Agent P game was better though.

I’ve never seen Avatar but love Pandora.

bryanfze55

I do enjoy SW, yes. Bigger fan of the OT, but I tolerate the ST - don’t hate it. I don’t like Avatar either, but I agree I enjoyed Pandora. I feel like Pandora was a more enjoyable place to walk around, especially at night. SW:GE is nice at night too, but I don’t know - it just felt a little soulless.

Getachew

I do enjoy SW, yes. Bigger fan of the OT, but I tolerate the ST - don’t hate it. I don’t like Avatar either, but I agree I enjoyed Pandora. I feel like Pandora was a more enjoyable place to walk around, especially at night. SW:GE is nice at night too, but I don’t know - it just felt a little soulless.

Fair enough. Also, I agree that the OT is easily the pinnacle of Star Wars.

Mickey5150

I voted for Galaxy's Edge because it's phenomenal, however the best land would be Africa in AK. Without a doubt the most authentic, immersive land in theme park history. If I could only be in 1 land in WDW it would be Africa.

Kate F

I voted Galaxy’s Edge even though I have yet to ride RotR. I get the criticisms people have with it, but the land is very visually impressive. So is Pandora. New Fantasyland doesn’t do much for me.

yensidtlaw1969

If we're voting on the merits of the lands including their attractions I'd give it to Galaxy's Edge, but Rise of the Resistance is going most of the work there. Without Rise, the land is very large and expensive and woefully lacking content and soul. I'm not a Star Wars Fan, though I don't particularly hold that against the land.

If we're voting on the merits of the environs of the lands themselves, attractions aside, I'd give it to Pandora. The created environment is sui generis, there's atmosphere, there's intrigue . . . and then at night? Hoo boy. The land isn't without its issues, but seeing it the first time made me excited about the potential for the future of WDW. I am not an Avatar Fan, but hold no grudge.

I can't think of any criteria by which I'd give it to New Fantasyland. There are parts of it that I like, but I don't know if there's anything that I love. Overall the project is a swing and a miss. Where Galaxy's Edge lacks soul it at least makes up for it with ambition - New Fantasyland tries to do Quintessential Disney and falls on its face, it seems to totally misunderstand itself. I'm a BIG Fan of Classic Disney Animation, but I don't consider my bar to be especially high - in my judgement, DL, DLP, and TDL all still have richer, fuller, more dynamic Fantasylands. They ooze warmth, and New Fantasyland is cold. What a misstep.

Last edited:

Kate F

“I’ve gotta get over to Diagon Alley!”
“I’ve gotta get over to Pandora!”
“I’ve gotta get over to Galaxy’s Edge!”

Has anyone ever been like “I’ve just got to get over to New Fantasyland!”

M:SpilotISTC12

I'm a diehard SW fan but I said Pandora. The overall theming is better in Pandora. SWGE has the potential to be better but in its current version, I wasn't overly impressed. If there were more characters and droids walking around, that would help it in my book. The ride/attraction to shop ratio is low. It seems like there is more ways to spend money than experience in SWGE. Pandora doesn't have the cash grab feel that SWGE has, IMO.

The high end expensive experiences ruin some of the fun for me since I'd go broke doing them all. If they were more affordable I'd be willing to do them and get the full experience. RotR is the best ride Disney has ever put out and truly old school Disney with a mixture of physical sets and innovative technology. FoP is my favorite ride though. I'm not into feeling like I'm going to get swindled out of my money everywhere I turn unless its from Jabba (which would be awesome).

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I'm a diehard SW fan but I said Pandora. The overall theming is better in Pandora. SWGE has the potential to be better but in its current version, I wasn't overly impressed. If there were more characters and droids walking around, that would help it in my book. The ride/attraction to shop ratio is low. It seems like there is more ways to spend money than experience in SWGE. Pandora doesn't have the cash grab feel that SWGE has, IMO.

The high end expensive experiences ruin some of the fun for me since I'd go broke doing them all. If they were more affordable I'd be willing to do them and get the full experience. RotR is the best ride Disney has ever put out and truly old school Disney with a mixture of physical sets and innovative technology. FoP is my favorite ride though. I'm not into feeling like I'm going to get swindled out of my money everywhere I turn unless its from Jabba (which would be awesome).
I agree Rise of the Resistance is the best Disney ride that has ever been built.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
I am going to come off positive here, but give the edge to Galaxy's Edge. What is offered in the Simulator Ride is cool and Rise of Resistance is just phenomenal. Pandora has sheer beauty to it and Flight of Passage is fantastic, but really the Na'vi River Journey as beautiful as it is is boring as you know what. The New Fantasyland for me other than the 7 Dwarfs Mine Ride and Gaston's Tavern, and somewhat Beauty & the Beast Restaurant one time that was all fine and good. I really was not into the Little Mermaid Ride that much.

erasure fan1

New Fantasyland doesn’t do much for me.
I don't think it really does all that much for anyone. Mermaid is disjointed at best. Mine train is about a minute and a half short of being great. And be our guest is decent. So much potential and missed opportunity.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I am absolutely tired of Star Wars, so that's not my vote. Tired of seeing it everywhere, and hearing it everywhere.

Fantasyland, I know what it was SUPPOSED to be, so that vote is gone.

What works for Avatarland is you don't have to like the films or have even seen them to appreciate the land's beauty. Lord knows I don't like Avatar. But holy crap I could spend hours just SITTING in Avatarland! I thought I would hate it, but I love it!

N2dru

New Fantasyland was such a missed opportunity. It could've been much more impressive. Pandora is very immersive and transport you to another place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom