What is the best version of The Haunted Mansion in the world?

What is the version of The Haunted Mansion in the world?

• California

• Florida

• Japan

Results are only viewable after voting.

NickWilde

Hmm... For me, it’s a tie between Florida and California. Each has it’s own little goodies that the other doesn’t have, and I enjoyed each in its own way because of these differences. But I voted California because of the HBG. (Hat Box Ghost) I freaking love that guy.

N2dru

WDW's version for me. Something about the mansion sitting ominously atop the hill and the dog howling really sets the mood. Plus the added scenes like the stairway room and library. Disneyland's mansion doesn't give off that ominous vibe that MK does.

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

Tokyo. I came off the ride immediately thinking it was the best HM worldwide. It has most of the extended WDW scenes (still keeping the original hitchhikers-on-a-stick) and also has the pre-Constance attic scene. All that CA has over it is Hatbox Ghost and the fact that it’s original.

For those of us who haven’t experienced all three, maybe a quick summary of the differences between them might be useful.
I'm probably gonna miss some stuff but here goes:

DL
- DL facade
- Stretching gallery is an elevator
- Walkthrough portrait gallery and busts
- Leota floats
- Hatbox Ghost
- Hitchhikers-on-a-stick
- Little Leota is on exit ramp

WDW
- WDW facade
- “Interactive” queue
- Stretching gallery is NOT an elevator
- Portrait gallery and busts are on-ride, not walkthrough
- Extra scenes at beginning (MC Escher staircase, library, conservatory)
- Leota floats
- CGI hitchhikers
- Little Leota is on-ride

Tokyo
- WDW facade
- Stretching gallery is NOT an elevator
- Portrait gallery and busts are on-ride, not walkthrough
- WDW extra scenes at beginning, except no staircase scene
- Effect in hall of doors that isn't in any other HM's, iirc (the face that pops out of the portrait)
- Leota does NOT float
- Pre-2006 attic scene
- Hitchhikers-on-a-stick
- Little Leota is on-ride

Last edited:

danheaton

I would have picked Phantom Manor, which still feels like The Haunted Mansion but does a really cool take on it with the Old West theme. Given the choices up there (I haven't visited Paris), I'd go with Florida due to the updates and scenes that aren't part of California.

Damon7777

No love for Mystic Manor?

Amazing show scenes using the 'trackless' technology and ride system whereby guests board their own 6 person individual carriages and go exploring the mansion room by room. The rooms come alive. Paintings, statues, armor suits, tribal masks, lamps, stuffed animals from big game hunts.......they all become living and animate in a menacing fashion.

Did I already say it has amazing show scenes? Well it does.

Disregard that omnimover/move the guest in bulk stuff and bring on the individual trackless carriages like Hunny Hunt, Aquatopia and Rat.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No love for Mystic Manor?

Amazing show scenes using the 'trackless' technology and ride system whereby guests board their own 6 person individual carriages and go exploring the mansion room by room. The rooms come alive. Paintings, statues, armor suits, tribal masks, lamps, stuffed animals from big game hunts.......they all become living and animate in a menacing fashion.

Did I already say it has amazing show scenes? Well it does.

Disregard that omnimover/move the guest in bulk stuff and bring on the individual trackless carriages like Hunny Hunt, Aquatopia and Rat.
Amazing as it is, it has as much in common with the HM as the ToT does.

AceExplorer

In the world? I know this isn't playing by the rules, but the COPY of Disney's Haunted Mansions in EuropaPark (southern Germany) certainly could be in the running. It's more scary and adult-themed, features BLATANT COPIES of many of the scenes we love in the Disney Haunted Mansions, definitely more scary/realistic than the Disney versions. I thought this was worth mentioning so you can look up pics and vids of it online. It's really cool. Youtube:

Last edited:

bromeo57

I rode both rides recently a week apart. The WDW haunted mansion seemed darker. Hard to see. DL was more visually pleasing and hat box ghost really adds to the enjoyment of the ride. Wish it was at WDW. MY vote Cali.

spock8113

IMHO, The originals for both (Pirates & HM) at DL. They have a more "original" feel for the enjoyment of the ride, not necessarily getting you in and out as fast as possible. And, as silly as it may sound, sound is one of the reasons I think they are better. The sound system seems so much better.
:bored:

CraftyFox

Of course I'm EXTREMELY biased towards my home park, so I'm going with the original. :p

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

If Phantom Manor was included I'm pretty sure this poll would've been a completely different story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom