What is the best version of The Haunted Mansion in the world?

What is the version of The Haunted Mansion in the world?

• California

• Florida

• Japan

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Just like my last poll with Pirates, I am doing best ride version of Disney and Universal attractions from around the world. I am only doing the classic versions of The Haunted Mansion. No Phantom Manor or Mystic Manor. Also I know I made the mistake last time of including Shanghai on the last one. I REALIZED THAT. On that poll, just pretend Shanghai doesn’t exist on that one. Also, if you want, what’s your ranking of the 3 mansions?

WDW Zandt

I haven't seen the Japan version but choosing between Cali and Florida I'd stick with the WDW one. I have no interest in seeing the Hat Box Ghost, which to me seems like the only major difference.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Tough choice! I love the exterior building of Cali the best. But I prefer the ride itself of Florida more.

crxbrett

The Magic Kingdom's all the way. Haven't been on Tokyo's yet, though. Although I think it is nearly identical to the original DW version - so it still has the hallway paintings with the eyes that follow you, the giant spider web room, the '80s era attic with the cool bride with the beating heart and pop-up ghosts and the original hitchhikers still. A pair of griffin statues guard the entrance at Tokyo's, which was the only difference before DW redid there's in 2007.

I haven't seen the Japan version but choosing between Cali and Florida I'd stick with the WDW one. I have no interest in seeing the Hat Box Ghost, which to me seems like the only major difference.

The Magic Kingdom's mansion also has more paintings in the hallways of the queue and at the beginning of the ride with the staircase, has the well-stocked library/study with all the books, busts and ladder, has the endless staircase room, the solarium/conservatory with the piano player and the hallway with ghoul eyes on the walls. Magic Kingdom's queue also has all of the cool interactive things as well as the Leota bust gravestone and the new hitchhiking ghosts at the end. Also, the MK's mansion has the lightning and thunder effects outside as well as the wolf howling.

Disney World's mansion definitely has a lot more going on and offers more than Disneyland's.

Last edited:

MDB407

Phantom Manor is far and away the best version. When I was at DLP last year I rode it 4 times in 2 days and still wanted to ride it more. It is incredible.

JusticeDisney

Phantom Manor is far and away the best version. When I was at DLP last year I rode it 4 times in 2 days and still wanted to ride it more. It is incredible.
What makes it so? I haven’t had the opportunity to go there. And now you’ve got me very interested!

yensidtlaw1969

Phantom Manor. More so come October.
Oooh, what sort of new toys is it getting?

I had a great experience riding it the first time -- I was 10 years old and loved The Haunted Mansion at both DL and WDW . . . I knew some things were different in Paris but was under the impression that inside Phantom Manor was basically the same as the Mansion. The slow burn of things starting similar but subtly different building to greater reveals of reimagining climaxing as you leave the Bride's boudoir and all hell breaks loose . . . I was old enough to notice the differences and young enough to end up genuinely spooked by them! Been lucky to go back a few times since, it's a totally brilliant variation on the theme, as much of DLP is.

Not sure I could pick a "best" - The extra on-ride scenes at WDW are solid and build out the experience, but the Portrait Hallway at Disneyland is pure magic and really sells the Haunted House nature of the attraction . . . that you go so deep into the house before even seeing a ride vehicle is a pretty unnerving trick. And then with Paris being it's own twisted beast . . . Never been to Tokyo but from videos online it seems like the show quality is through the roof. I may have to give this some serious thought before picking!

Damon7777

Not playing by the rules:
1 Mystic Manor
2 Phantom Manor
3 Skellington Anaheim
4 Orlando
5 Skellington Tokyo
6 regular Anaheim
7 regular Tokyo

Playing by the rules:
1)Orlando
2)Anaheim
3)Tokyo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom