What is the best version of Space Mountain in the world?

What is the best version of Space Mountain in the world?

• Total voters

scarr13311

yes! I think Orlando's does have a better track but it's by far the most uncomfortable and the effects are so old and the ride sounds broken/older. I understand it's the original but it's just not as updated compared to it's counterparts. I hope WDW refurbs their version for the 50th hopefully.

The Disneyland Space Mountain to me has a smoother ride and the cars (seats) are much more comfortable and easy to get out of. I wish WDW would put the same cars that DL has, I love Space Mountain but stopped riding the MK one because the cars/ride really uncomfortable.

UKDisney Dave

Paris is my favourite, but then it’s not really a true comparison given how different the ride system is.

Still an amazing ride though. Almost 20 years back on my very first visit to the Paris park, my friend and I rode space mountain 6 times in a row without getting off. We didn’t even mean to! The first time round we got back to load/unload and my friend got out and headed toward the exit, but my restraint bar didn’t rise. Starting to panic, and having limited conversational French for “hey my restraint bar hasn’t risen” I called my friend back to help me. Missreading the situation totally he just got back in next to me, pulled down his restraint bar and sat there smiling. No one said anything, and so we were off, 2nd ride. When the ride got back to the station for the 2nd time the cast members asked the whole train (in a classic Disneyland Paris mix of French/English and lots of gesturing) would we like to go again. Everyone of course did. So off for ride three.

The same happened for 4/5/6. Anyone who wanted to stay on could do so. By the 5th & 6th rides we were getting big smiles and personal high fives from the cast members.

But by ride 6 I was starting to feel the effects of being shot into space repeatedly, and so somewhat wobbly on our legs my friend and I made a quick exit, and went to find some hot chocolate!

It was a mid-week in May (1999) and I guess back then crowds were thin on the ground. But then to be fair I was also somewhat thinner 20 years back!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom