What is the best version of Pirates Of The Caribbean in the world?

What is the best version of Pirates Of The Caribbean from around the world?

• California

• Florida

• Japan

• Shanghai

• Paris

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
I’m starting a series of threads for the best ride versions of Disney rides around the world. I’m starting with a biggie, Pirates of the Caribbean. Which version do you think is the best, or what do you think is the ranking from worst to best?

mmelka

I have only ridden California and Florida, but my nod goes to the original. Even with the other rides, I still give the nod to California mainly on nostalgia alone.

Damon7777

There is an inherent problem with this exercise:
likely less than half of members on here have experienced both Anaheim and Orlando's Pirates.
And maybe less than 10% have been to Anaheim, Orlando and Paris
And still yet maybe only 7 members have seen Anaheim, Orlando, Paris, Tokyo
And finally how many have done all? 2? 3?

NickWilde

The original Pirates in Anaheim. Experienced the ones in both California and Florida, and I enjoyed the one in Cali more. It just felt better to me. And it’s also widely considered that Florida’s PoTC is the worst one out of any in the world.

Last edited:

Robbiem

I’ve seen them all except shanghai, Paris is my favourite. It has an epic feel and some great additions like the sword fencing pirates and the ones who swings overhead. WDW is probably the worst (greatest hits) but still has some good additions like the seperate exit and overall entrance theming. Tokyo is a cross of the best bits from Florida and cali and the entrance set up is old school Disneyland

donsullivan

Premium Member
Paris is the best of the classic version of Pirates of the Caribbean. The version in Shanghai is a totally different attraction that should not be directly compared to the others that came before it.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
So, we're all in agreement that Orlando is the worst version of the attraction... correct? ;) (make no mistake, I'm not saying that the Orlando version is bad, just that the others are better). Anaheim by far wins for worst queue out of the lot.

Kinda makes you wish that they would have gone with the original idea for the Western River Expedition, then maybe came back to the idea later of a pirate themed attraction for Adventureland time instead of rushing to make the Anaheim version try to work in Orlando...

WDW Zandt

I would really love a version that combines the Shanghai technology and experience with a touch of the classic rides. I've only physically been on the WDW one but I'm never been thrilled with all the additions after the movies started coming out and I love the movies.

DanMK

I have experienced the Cali, Orlando and (closer to home) Paris versions. Paris is by far the winner in my opinion.
From the entrance area, to the outstanding queue, a few fanboy extras and again that queue! Having made my other half ride the Paris version repeatedly on numerous occasions and always once per trip get the last ride of the day, then heading to the nearby caves, the Paris PotC has an experience which is second to none when it comes to the original* pirates attractions.
*Shanghai not counted. Looks amazing but no nostalgia for me.

Walt Disney1955

I've done California and Florida. You know, prior to my Disneyland trip in 2012 I always had the idea that the best ride I have ever been on is Pirates at Florida. Best ride ever. Then I realized that if there was any ride you wish was longer, it is this one, and that is why Disneyland's beats it. Granted, the queue in Florida is excellent, nothing beats it. It definitely sets the mood. Disneyland's doesn't as much, but it makes up for it with the beginning in the Bayou in New Orleans. Then just a longer version overall makes it better.

Will do the other ones someday though.

justintheharris

you know you can use Youtube too😉😂
I suppose you can use YouTube but do you really get the full effects of Shanghai’s version through YouTube?

To me it’s like saying “which of these five concerts is the best?” Despite having only physically gone to one or two of them and then relying on YouTube to accurately depict the others. YouTube only does so much.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
I suppose you can use YouTube but do you really get the full effects of Shanghai’s version through YouTube?

To me it’s like saying “which of these five concerts is the best?” Despite having only physically gone to one or two of them and then relying on YouTube to accurately depict the others. YouTube only does so much.
nah. you can still determine which is best from just how it looks from the youtube videos. there are so many videos of all the versions. Tons of 360 videos, and a lot of low light videos. I haven’t been on more than two of them and I still think almost all the ones i haven’t been on are better. Same thing with the concerts. I’ve seen videos of concerts and a lot of them from videos seemed awesome. Than I went to experience some of them, and yup they turned out awesome as I expected. People also put in the Youtube comments what kind of effects and neat scenes in the ride work and how the system works. Even without the effects, I’m still amazed through the videos as is everyone I’ve talked to about rides like Shanghai’s Pirates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom