What is the best version of Pirates Of The Caribbean in the world?

What is the best version of Pirates Of The Caribbean from around the world?

• California

• Florida

• Japan

• Shanghai

• Paris

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mickey5150

So, we're all in agreement that Orlando is the worst version of the attraction... correct? ;) (make no mistake, I'm not saying that the Orlando version is bad, just that the others are better). Anaheim by far wins for worst queue out of the lot.

Kinda makes you wish that they would have gone with the original idea for the Western River Expedition, then maybe came back to the idea later of a pirate themed attraction for Adventureland time instead of rushing to make the Anaheim version try to work in Orlando...
I prefer the one in WDW to the one in DL. A big part of that is the queue which is still my favorite after all these years. Also, the extra length in DL doesn't give anything to the story it just adds a longer time getting into and out of the story. I also feel they screwed up the Jack Sparrow addition in DL. His final treasure scene just has him dumped in at the end. Lastly the exit into the pirate shop completes the journey. WDW just does a better job at the entire pirates experience.

RoyalFool

Been to them all, and it's Cali first for the proper drop and the lagoon, Paris second due to its new animatronics and queue line, and Tokyo third for keeping more of the classic elements post the movies.

Shanghai is completely different

crxbrett

Having only been on the DL and DW versions, I obviously voted for Anaheim. The MK's version of Pirates is like a poor man's version. It actually used to be more unique when it only had Old Bill, the different finale in the arsenal room and the Barker Bird. But now the MK version is just a stripped down clone of DL's. The MK's queue does beat DL's by a mile, though.

Watching YouTube videos of Paris and Tokyo, I would have gone with Paris before the recent redo. But now I would say Tokyo probably has the best version of Pirates.

FettFan

Paris by a long shot. It takes everything that California did and ramps it up to 11.

Meanwhile, Orlando is the "Oh Crap" PotC....as in "Oh crap, the guests are asking where Pirates is but we weren't even planning to build it!"

N2dru

All have their pros and cons. WDW wins in the queue area...Caribbean Plaza sets the mood better for me. I mean come on the attraction is named Pirates of the Caribbean. The original ending was fitting & unique with the tied up guards in the treasure room. DL is great however I agree with an earlier post the caverns seems like filler & seeing guests sitting in the boats when you enter the queue kind of ruins the illusion. Plus im still wondering how you go from a Louisiana bayou to a Caribbean town. Tokyo is a mixture of DL and WDW. Paris has some unique scenes, rope swinging & sword fighting pirates. And a nice queue reminiscent of WDW's. While Shanghai has some great effects/animatronics, its more like the movies turned attraction instead of the attraction turned movies.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom