What is the best ride you have ever been on?

nerdsarecool

What is the best ride you have been on? Doesnt have to be a Disney ride, just the best ride. And also a ride you have been on, not seen videos or read about, but have actually ridden in person.

for me its PotC in DL, i just love it so much.
Personally, it's spaceship earth. Mostly because it's the most memorable ride for me and soarin' is definitely a close 2nd.

BeanCounterBob

Mine is now Flight of Passage. I went into that thinking it was going to be something like Soarin' and I was shocked at how good it was! That being said I still have not done Rise, or Guardians. Tron was pretty cool but nothing crazy

diggity16

WDW: Rise when everything works is just stunning. But I haven’t seen that in years and am not holding my breath for changes so I’m listing it but I don’t think it really counts. The winner here is Guardians. I could ride that over and over again. It’s fantastic. I’ve been on it so many times and still have yet to get Conga. Everybody Wants to Rule the World plays like a cinematic masterpiece. Chefs kiss, it’s perfection

Uni: Hagrids

TrainsOfDisney

Personal favorite? a tie between Indiana Jones and Spider-Man.

What I think is the best theme park ride I’ve ever been on as far as hitting it out of the park on every single point - Splash Mountain.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Splash Mountain, the Tokyo version specifically, is my favorite Disney ride overall

My favorite ride system ever was at Universe of Energy

The ride I think is most technically impressive is RotR

Tha Realest

Horizons, and a close second: World of Motion.

I have such fondness for the fiber optic scene at the end of the ride, and it is a shame that photography methods at the time were not able to capture that experience so we could relive it as we can (loosely) with so many other attractions.

the_rich

This is so hard. My top 5 would include ToT, FoP, Haunted Mansion, and even though it gets me sick cosmic rewind. But #1 for me has to be rise of the resistance.

UpAllNight

Changes frequently, but right now I think it’s Spiderman. 25 years later and still blown away and I don’t think anything will come close to that feeling of my first ride on it was a kid in 1999. I was just mesmerised and it ramped up my love of theme parks.

I love going single rider and getting on with a car of people who have clearly not experienced anything like it before so I can relive through the, how I felt back then. So so good, and it took Disney 20 years to react to it with anything remotely similar.

TrainsOfDisney

Changes frequently, but right now I think it’s Spiderman.
Absolutely one of the best - no question! The blending of technology, thrilling moment, and physical effects are really hard to beat.

The scene where you are being pushed backwards and you see the fireball on the screen and then exit as real fire coming at you is simply perfection.

I’m really sad how theme parks have gotten away from physical effects like Fog, Fire, etc.

UpAllNight

Absolutely one of the best - no question! The blending of technology, thrilling moment, and physical effects are really hard to beat.

The scene where you are being pushed backwards and you see the fireball on the screen and then exit as real fire coming at you is simply perfection.

I’m really sad how theme parks have gotten away from physical effects like Fog, Fire, etc.

I have a theory that this will come around full circle, very soon.

Theme parks are great at making you feel things physically & I think the world will reach for these physical experiences as it accelerates towards further emotionless sterileness brought upon us all by AI. In the same way post-Covid how some people actively reject being in video-calls. They’d desensitised to it and actively rejected the lack of…feeling, genuine connection etc.

Theme Parks will become ever important, same for live music, comedy etc. AI can’t replicate the real feelings felt on all of these top rides mentioned in the thread. Fire is real - the impact of such effects will be more profound when everything is just so...there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom