What is the best ride out of the 3 best rides in the world?

Which is the best theme park (and Disney) attraction in the world?

• Journey To The Center Of The Earth

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Mystic Manor

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Pirates Of The Caribbean: Battle For The Sunken Treasure

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

BasiltheBatLord

Interesting choices! I think some others that would be almost considered are Spider-Man at IOA and USJ, Hunny Hunt at Tokyo. Indy in Tokyo and Anaheim. Radiator Springs Racers at DCA, and one of the Haunted Mansions. Just a few other ideas I feel.
Oh whoops, forgot about Indy. Yeah Indy is definitely one of the best ever IMO. Probably Tokyo over CA, although I like CA's queue more.

jaxonp

I don't know. I’ve never been to Hong Kong and Mystic Manor. Almost from everything i’ve seen, Mystic Manor is said to be just amazing!! I’ve never heard someone complain about it. That’s your opinion too, but it’s surprising to have find somebody that thinks Mystic is overrated.

And here is the problem.. you base opinions on what they've seen on youtube but how valid are there if you haven't seen it in person. I assumed it would be out of this world by watching the video as well before actually riding the dang thing. It's a nice ride but I find it to be the worst of the 3 LPS rides Disney has made. Early you mentioned FOP being Soarin 2.0 so that makes MM, HM 2.0 which it certainly is not. MM has nothing over HM. You gotta have boots on the ground to properly gage these things.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
And here is the problem.. you base opinions on what they've seen on youtube but how valid are there if you haven't seen it in person. I assumed it would be out of this world by watching the video as well before actually riding the dang thing. It's a nice ride but I find it to be the worst of the 3 LPS rides Disney has made. Early you mentioned FOP being Soarin 2.0 so that makes MM, HM 2.0 which it certainly is not. MM has nothing over HM. You gotta have boots on the ground to properly gage these things.
Actually, I don't even watch the Youtube videos of MM because I don't want to see anything yet. I want to experience it all, one day if I can in the future. It's not even from the Youtube videos that I've heard great things about. Anyone I know or have seen online on blog posts and Disney sites have said nothing of positive and great things about the attraction. The perfect example is http://www.disneytouristblog.com/mystic-manor-hong-kong-disneyland/ He has a great review of the attraction and I don't even read or look at the ride pictures itself! Also, Mystic Manor is much less closer to HM, than FOP is to Soarin. Mystic and the Mansion do share the same kind of idea and premise (kind of) but besides that, they are two completely different rides with totally DIFFERENT stories and much different ride systems as well. (Ominover Dark ride, and Trackless LP dark ride. Whereas, Flight Of Passage is pretty much a screen based simulator just like Soarin. A few differences with the queues, and effects, but overall same idea. Last, I actually have heard that Ratatouille is the worst out of the 3. Relying too much on screens and not as many physical sets. So yea, that's my spiel haha.

jaxonp

Actually, I don't even watch the Youtube videos of MM because I don't want to see anything yet. I want to experience it all, one day if I can in the future. It's not even from the Youtube videos that I've heard great things about. Anyone I know or have seen online on blog posts and Disney sites have said nothing of positive and great things about the attraction. The perfect example is http://www.disneytouristblog.com/mystic-manor-hong-kong-disneyland/ He has a great review of the attraction and I don't even read or look at the ride pictures itself! Also, Mystic Manor is much less closer to HM, than FOP is to Soarin. Mystic and the Mansion do share the same kind of idea and premise (kind of) but besides that, they are two completely different rides with totally DIFFERENT stories and much different ride systems as well. (Ominover Dark ride, and Trackless LP dark ride. Whereas, Flight Of Passage is pretty much a screen based simulator just like Soarin. A few differences with the queues, and effects, but overall same idea. Last, I actually have heard that Ratatouille is the worst out of the 3. Relying too much on screens and not as many physical sets. So yea, that's my spiel haha.

Oh but MM is trying to be like HM, it even has the statutes that stare at you as you go by. Also, I’ve ridden all 3 LPS.. Rat is not the worst. Again, MM is a fine attraction but it would not garner the crowds that FOP does. It doesn’t leave you in a state of wow. I find Rat and Pooh to be way more returnable. There are problems with the pacing of MM, sets that seem meaningless at times. As I reviewed it earlier this month I said one of the biggest issues with the ride is that I’d youre not in car 1 or 3 out the 4 that dispatch per show that you get left out of half the final scene which is the best part of the attraction. It’s a shame but that’s how it was designed. You’ll be able to have a better understanding once you ride them yourself to make an educated opinion.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Oh but MM is trying to be like HM, it even has the statutes that stare at you as you go by. Also, I’ve ridden all 3 LPS.. Rat is not the worst. Again, MM is a fine attraction but it would not garner the crowds that FOP does. It doesn’t leave you in a state of wow. I find Rat and Pooh to be way more returnable. There are problems with the pacing of MM, sets that seem meaningless at times. As I reviewed it earlier this month I said one of the biggest issues with the ride is that I’d youre not in car 1 or 3 out the 4 that dispatch per show that you get left out of half the final scene which is the best part of the attraction. It’s a shame but that’s how it was designed. You’ll be able to have a better understanding once you ride them yourself to make an educated opinion.
I still have yet to meet one person that thinks Mystic Manor has flaws. Rat and FOP have flaws. Rat’s transitions from screens to sets is bad and FOP’s screen and immerison and are bad as you can easily see people next to you if you look left or right. FOP is a lot more comparable to Soarin than MM is to HM. As even stated by Disney Tourist Blog, Mystic Manor pretty much has it all. Rather than consisting of show scenes that guests passively move past, Mystic Manor does what so many other great attractions do: immerses guests in the action, making them feel like part of the experience. This is accomplished largely through the trackless ride vehicles, which were first used in Pooh’s Hunny Hunt (then Aquatopia, but we won’t count that). It’s heightened by how various effects actively engage the guest. This is amplified even further by the attraction’s music, consisting of Danny Elfman’s score that is an instant classic in terms of Disney theme park music. Mystic Manor is not just Albert getting into trouble along the way, it’s you and Albert getting into trouble. Or at least it feels that way. A lot more immersive and magical than some of the other rides like Rat. My aunt and uncle have done rat and said it’s like a much tamer, less good version of Spider-Man.

jaxonp

I still have yet to meet one person that thinks Mystic Manor has flaws. Rat and FOP have flaws. Rat’s transitions from screens to sets is bad and FOP’s screen and immerison and are bad as you can easily see people next to you if you look left or right. FOP is a lot more comparable to Soarin than MM is to HM. As even stated by Disney Tourist Blog, Mystic Manor pretty much has it all. Rather than consisting of show scenes that guests passively move past, Mystic Manor does what so many other great attractions do: immerses guests in the action, making them feel like part of the experience. This is accomplished largely through the trackless ride vehicles, which were first used in Pooh’s Hunny Hunt (then Aquatopia, but we won’t count that). It’s heightened by how various effects actively engage the guest. This is amplified even further by the attraction’s music, consisting of Danny Elfman’s score that is an instant classic in terms of Disney theme park music. Mystic Manor is not just Albert getting into trouble along the way, it’s you and Albert getting into trouble. Or at least it feels that way. A lot more immersive and magical than some of the other rides like Rat. My aunt and uncle have done rat and said it’s like a much tamer, less good version of Spider-Man.

Cool, let me know when you book your trip to Asia so you can see these rides for yourself and Paris if you haven't been their either!

Sidenote: MM is nothing like Spiderman lol. Rat is more like Spideman but that's even a stretch.

BrianLo

Cool, let me know when you book your trip to Asia so you can see these rides for yourself and Paris if you haven't been their either!

Sidenote: MM is nothing like Spiderman lol. Rat is more like Spideman but that's even a stretch.

First I appreciate your opinions as they are vastly different than my own and add perspective. I agree that conclusions based on YouTube are misrepresentations.

However, you are not by far the first or last person to travel abroad. Many of us have before you and many will after. Some people not in a one time whirlwind with several revisits to let our thoughts and expectations settle or reform.

So let me lodged a brief disagreement with my own fully informed opinion. Shanghai Pirates > Mystic Manor > JttCotE. Of course that is my opinion, but I’m not going to stand on a pedestal and obnoxiously declare that it is right or more formed than any other.

I am sorry that expectations did not match your experience with Mystic Manor. I do love that ride obviously and would rank Rat quite distantly in another category including Gringott’s. A great ride system let down by generalized poor basic ride design elements.

jaxonp

First I appreciate your opinions as they are vastly different than my own and add perspective. I agree that conclusions based on YouTube are misrepresentations.

However, you are not by far the first or last person to travel abroad. Many of us have before you and many will after. Some people not in a one time whirlwind with several revisits to let our thoughts and expectations settle or reform.

So let me lodged a brief disagreement with my own fully informed opinion. Shanghai Pirates > Mystic Manor > JttCotE. Of course that is my opinion, but I’m not going to stand on a pedestal and obnoxiously declare that it is right or more formed than any other.

I am sorry that expectations did not match your experience with Mystic Manor. I do love that ride obviously and would rank Rat quite distantly in another category including Gringott’s. A great ride system let down by generalized poor basic ride design elements.

Cool. If you’ve ridden these then you can share your opinion like I did but what’s ludacris is to base options on places you haven’t been to, what others say or by watching YouTube videos. That’s the point and too many posters forget that.

GiveMeTheMusic

Truly, is there anything worse than Gringott's?

No Name

Basically those 3 are considered the 3 best in the world. Also, Flight Of Passage? Are you kidding? I find that ride so overrated. It's literally Soarin' 2.0. The screen is curved and if you look up you can see the ride system clearly and screen edges. It's definitely a fun ride, but not the second best in the world. At least these three rides have some sets with animatronics. Y'know practical, real stuff. Not a screen ride with glasses. I don't even think Flight Of Passage is the best ride at WDW!

Flight of Passage is the highest-rated Disney ride in the occident, yet you go against the opinion of the majority based on your personal experience. On the other hand, you've never seen much less ridden Mystic Manor, yet you are willing to take the opinion of the majority without any personal experience. Do you see how blatantly hypocritical that is? What's to say that you won't get off Mystic Manor and find it just as overrated as you do Flight of Passage?

BasiltheBatLord

This post reads like a Disney Parks Blog post or something

GiveMeTheMusic

For what it's worth, I find Mystic Manor flawless. It's old school Disney with fab effects and technology. I have absolutely zero complaints, which is why whenever I'm at HKDL I ride it several times. It's a downright joy.

Pirates is breathtaking in its scale. Ratatouille is...not great. I cannot believe it's being cloned.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
For what it's worth, I find Mystic Manor flawless. It's old school Disney with fab effects and technology. I have absolutely zero complaints, which is why whenever I'm at HKDL I ride it several times. It's a downright joy.

Pirates is breathtaking in its scale. Ratatouille is...not great. I cannot believe it's being cloned.
exactly!! couldn’t of said it better myself!! @jaxonp what do you think now?😂😂😂😂😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom