What is the best ride out of the 3 best rides in the world?

Which is the best theme park (and Disney) attraction in the world?

• Journey To The Center Of The Earth

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Mystic Manor

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Pirates Of The Caribbean: Battle For The Sunken Treasure

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
As we all know, The three best Disney attractions are in the Asian parks. Journey To The Center Of The Earth, Mystic Manor, and Pirates Of The Caribbean: Battle For The Sunken Treasure. But which one is the best? If you’ve been on all of them, which one was the best overall ride? Based on theme, queue, thrill, animatonics, story, and overall experience. If you have not been on any of them, watch YouTube videos on them and decide which one you think looks the best. Which one is worthy of the title “best theme park attraction in the world?”

GiveMeTheMusic

It’s hard because they’re not really comparable. JTTCOTE is great but cuts itself short and has no real ending. Mystic has charm to spare and delightful effects. Pirates is on an absurdly grand scale - there’s nothing else like it right now. Pirates is a landmark achievement in ride evolution, which I don’t think the others are.

BasiltheBatLord

Well I don't agree with your immediate premise that the three best Disney attractions in the world are solely to be found in the Asian parks, but of the three you listed I like Mystic Manor the best. I think there's a tendency among the Disney Park fan community to place the Asian parks on a pedestal because most people haven't been to them, and I also think it actually plays into some traditional Western stereotypes of Orientalism; because it's the east it's "exotic" etc.

Center of the Earth is really cool but it's way too short and kinda feels like there's not enough explanation as to what's going on during the ride.

Haven't been on Shanghai's Pirates, but it looks great.

(PotC in California is my favorite themed attraction of all time, although it's losing me more and more as they change it.)

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Well I don't agree with your immediate premise that the three best Disney attractions in the world are solely to be found in the Asian parks, but of the three you listed I like Mystic Manor the best. I think there's a tendency among the Disney Park fan community to place the Asian parks on a pedestal because most people haven't been to them, and I also think it actually plays into some traditional Western stereotypes of Orientalism; because it's the east it's "exotic" etc.

Center of the Earth is really cool but it's way too short and kinda feels like there's not enough explanation as to what's going on during the ride.

Haven't been on Shanghai's Pirates, but it looks great.

(PotC in California is my favorite themed attraction of all time, although it's losing me more and more as they change it.)
what do you think are the 3 best rides in the world? i’m courious to know!

jaxonp

Why is it the best ride in the world but then only Asian rides are in the poll??

1. JTTCOTE
2. FOP
3. Shanghai Pirates

Mystic Manor is vastly overrated as is Poohs Hunny Hunt. Hunt is better though.

jaxonp

It’s hard because they’re not really comparable. JTTCOTE is great but cuts itself short and has no real ending. Mystic has charm to spare and delightful effects. Pirates is on an absurdly grand scale - there’s nothing else like it right now. Pirates is a landmark achievement in ride evolution, which I don’t think the others are.

Pirates would be number one for me when riding in the front row. Forget it if you in any other row and I hate the ending.. they mucked it up by killing the suspense the second you started going up a lift hill backwards. The ride should have started high enough that a lift wasn't needed until after the climax. Still not over that. That said JTTCOE is incredible.. it has everything you want in a dark ride and no ride has a better themed area.. maybe FOP which is my number two.

GiveMeTheMusic

Pirates would be number one for me when riding in the front row. Forget it if you in any other row and I hate the ending.. they mucked it up by killing the suspense the second you started going up a lift hill backwards. The ride should have started high enough that a lift wasn't needed until after the climax. Still not over that. That said JTTCOE is incredible.. it has everything you want in a dark ride and no ride has a better themed area.. maybe FOP which is my number two.

I rode Pirates several times in varying rows. What did you feel was missing in the other rows of the boat? I don't remember thinking the experience was particularly worse, although being in front is always the best just because there are no other heads.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Why is it the best ride in the world but then only Asian rides are in the poll??

1. JTTCOTE
2. FOP
3. Shanghai Pirates

Mystic Manor is vastly overrated as is Poohs Hunny Hunt. Hunt is better though.
Basically those 3 are considered the 3 best in the world. Also, Flight Of Passage? Are you kidding? I find that ride so overrated. It's literally Soarin' 2.0. The screen is curved and if you look up you can see the ride system clearly and screen edges. It's definitely a fun ride, but not the second best in the world. At least these three rides have some sets with animatronics. Y'know practical, real stuff. Not a screen ride with glasses. I don't even think Flight Of Passage is the best ride at WDW!

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Lol. Yea, good themed area and queue. Than, there are those terrible 20 minute (It feels like 20 minute) pre-show videos. There is also no dark ride experience here. Just a screen.

jaxonp

I rode Pirates several times in varying rows. What did you feel was missing in the other rows of the boat? I don't remember thinking the experience was particularly worse, although being in front is always the best just because there are no other heads.
The heads ruin it as well as a majority of Chinese filming it with their phones ups recording the ride. The second you see something in front of during the screen secretions is the second the immersion stops.

jaxonp

Basically those 3 are considered the 3 best in the world. Also, Flight Of Passage? Are you kidding? I find that ride so overrated. It's literally Soarin' 2.0. The screen is curved and if you look up you can see the ride system clearly and screen edges. It's definitely a fun ride, but not the second best in the world. At least these three rides have some sets with animatronics. Y'know practical, real stuff. Not a screen ride with glasses. I don't even think Flight Of Passage is the best ride at WDW!

That’s your opinion. I was lucky to do all Asian parks and WDW in the same month so my perspective is clear and back to back. Mystic Manor is way way overrated. It just is.

BasiltheBatLord

what do you think are the 3 best rides in the world? i’m courious to know!

I’ve actually never thought about it before. Disneyland’s PotC is definitely my favorite themed attraction ever (although the more they change it the more it loses me, Tokyo’s might actually be better than the original now).

Aside from PotC I guess I would say Florida’s ToT and... Maybe Forbidden Journey? Not really sure.

jaxonp

I’ve actually never thought about it before. Disneyland’s PotC is definitely my favorite themed attraction ever (although the more they change it the more it loses me, Tokyo’s might actually be better than the original now).

Aside from PotC I guess I would say Florida’s ToT and... Maybe Forbidden Journey? Not really sure.

Rest easy knowing that, while most attracions at Tokyo Disney are better than it's counterparts around the world, Pirates is not one of them. The original is still the best, imo!

jaxonp

What do you think is better in Disneyland’s version? Just curious.

The ride is longer, the smell is mustier, the final scene is much better in Anaheim. Lots of details exist in Anaheims version that doesn't exist at Tokyo, WDW or Paris versions. It might be the only Tokyo attraction that I thought wasn't better than other parks besides maybe their TOT. It is well themed but can't begin to touch the original at WDW. I dunno if its because the ride isn't as thrilling or what but it's missing that oomph that we love from TOT. It's preshow is bomb though!

BasiltheBatLord

The ride is longer, the smell is mustier, the final scene is much better in Anaheim. Lots of details exist in Anaheims version that doesn't exist at Tokyo, WDW or Paris versions. It might be the only Tokyo attraction that I thought wasn't better than other parks besides maybe their TOT. It is well themed but can't begin to touch the original at WDW. I dunno if its because the ride isn't as thrilling or what but it's missing that oomph that we love from TOT. It's preshow is bomb though!
I do remember reading somewhere that the Tokyo version is several minutes shorter, not sure why since the scene layouts are exactly the same.

Interesting that you say that about the final scene, as that is one of the few areas of the ride that is expanded from the original. The pirates in the jail converse with each other (IIRC that was never in the American versions?), the armory scene is bigger with an additional figure and the final Jack Sparrow says a lot more lines for some reason.

imo, the fact that Tokyo is the only version of the ride to still have the auction scene is a huge bonus (also nice how it’s in English so you can still hear the original dialogue). I think the only things Disneyland’s version has over Tokyo is the fact that it’s original and that it accomplishes the “outdoor effect” better.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
That’s your opinion. I was lucky to do all Asian parks and WDW in the same month so my perspective is clear and back to back. Mystic Manor is way way overrated. It just is.
I don't know. I’ve never been to Hong Kong and Mystic Manor. Almost from everything i’ve seen, Mystic Manor is said to be just amazing!! I’ve never heard someone complain about it. That’s your opinion too, but it’s surprising to have find somebody that thinks Mystic is overrated.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Can we all agree that both Pirates are better than Orlando’s?

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster

Interesting choices! I think some others that would be almost considered are Spider-Man at IOA and USJ, Hunny Hunt at Tokyo. Indy in Tokyo and Anaheim. Radiator Springs Racers at DCA, and one of the Haunted Mansions. Just a few other ideas I feel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom