What is the best ride/attraction in the world? (even non-Disney)

Bairstow

The second time I rode Potter I spent the entire time looking to the right, watching the ride vehicle behind me. At the end, I was even more amazed with the attraction than I was before.

KUKA is a game-changer, and ride designers have probably only scratched the surface of its potential.

invader

^Tell that to the ride programmers who spent a year of their life working on that ride. My friend was a contractor who got flown in from Canada to work on it. Universal paid for his housing to live here while he wrote the software for the programmers to then program the arm movements into the computer. Everything had to be done from scratch. That's quite a task.

But yes, if you look around the ride, instead of forward, you will see that's set in a big building. If you look around on Soarin, you'll see the workings of the ride, same thing with Imagination, The Seas, Spaceship Earth, Everest when it's inside, the Fantasyland dark rides, and even Mansion at certain parts.

If they did some things that would make it amazing, most amazing ride ever quality:
- Remove the bars from above the screens, it somewhat decreases the feeling of flying with potter.
- Remove the random Hermione in the spider part.
- Remove the flash
- Remove the industrial noise of the smog machines on the basilisk skeleton part

Until then, it will remain behind Splash.

David S.

Splash has a thrill element which I enjoy (the drops), but then again I am not always in the mood to get wet. In addition to the warm happy feeling, it also makes me laugh, due to the antics of Brer Fox and Brer Bear. And the "Welcome Home Brer Rabbit" final scene is just Pure Happiness!

Splash has a thrill element which I enjoy (the drops), but then again I am not always in the mood to get wet. In addition to the warm happy feeling, it also makes me laugh, due to the antics of Brer Fox and Brer Bear. And the "Welcome Home Brer Rabbit" final scene is just Pure Happiness!

I take it you agree with me :)

Scuttle

The second time I rode Potter I spent the entire time looking to the right, watching the ride vehicle behind me. At the end, I was even more amazed with the attraction than I was before.

KUKA is a game-changer, and ride designers have probably only scratched the surface of its potential.

I did the same thing. I also could not agree more. The KUKA is an ABSOLUTE game changer. Such a shame that Disney has been beat in their own game. I remember while riding thinking how ed Walt would be to see such an amazing ride that's not his. Imagine if they put the KUKA on a track that has small drops and curves! Your right they haven't scratched the surface. Anyone who thinks forbidden journey isn't the best ride on planet Earth needs to put the crack pipe down. Especially people who think sum of all thrills is practically the same. That's the most idiotic statement I have ever read on these boards.

invader

I did the same thing. I also could not agree more. The KUKA is an ABSOLUTE game changer. Such a shame that Disney has been beat in their own game. I remember while riding thinking how ed Walt would be to see such an amazing ride that's not his. Imagine if they put the KUKA on a track that has small drops and curves! Your right they haven't scratched the surface. Anyone who thinks forbidden journey isn't the best ride on planet Earth needs to put the crack pipe down. Especially people who think sum of all thrills is practically the same. That's the most idiotic statement I have ever read on these boards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXzsVAKIszM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRogCGoKSjU&feature=related

Same ride vehicle, same fluid movement. And sorry for voicing my opinion, I forgot this wasn't a discussion board.

Scuttle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXzsVAKIszM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRogCGoKSjU&feature=related

Same ride vehicle, same fluid movement. And sorry for voicing my opinion, I forgot this wasn't a discussion board.

All those videos do is back up our point even more. your more than welcome to share your opinion. That is what the boards are about, but how can you watch both those videos and say they are the same vehicle and have the same fluid movement? Nonsense. I've ridden both and they do not have the same fluid motion. Forbidden journey is the best ride anywhere right now. I don't even like Harry potter, but that ride is unreal. Disney fanboys need to wake up.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
All those videos do is back up our point even more. your more than welcome to share your opinion. That is what the boards are about, but how can you watch both those videos and say they are the same vehicle and have the same fluid movement? Nonsense. I've ridden both and they do not have the same fluid motion. Forbidden journey is the best ride anywhere right now. I don't even like Harry potter, but that ride is unreal. Disney fanboys need to wake up.

can i just ask how Potter is the "best ride anywhere" ? what criterea are you judging it on because to me it would be quite a subjective thing.
For example i would say that Manta at universal is an awsome ride but my DW would disagree as she doesn't enjoy the larger coasters.both of our opinions are right and i wouldnt say that she needs to "wake up". :rolleyes:

JT3000

Florida Dreamin has never ridden Forbidden Journey and is using Youtube videos to form their opinions. It's plain as day. So why are you even bothering to argue with them?

While I do agree that FJ is a groundbreaking attraction for technology, I didn't like it. It was jerky, and I didn't like the sets. It was really in my face, which I was scared of :| I would much rather have a "Game of Quidditch" which goes wrong.
Also, I don't like Splash. Again, the animatronic's on the ride are creepy. I was sat in the middle and felt very claustrophobic, and thought they were going to move towards the boat... First ride and I won't repeat. **shudders*
So, for me I'd have to say that Peter Pan in Paris is pretty good, I love the film and it's really immersive. Following that, it's Pirates of the Caribbean, and also Men in Black over at Universal is amazing as well. Just my opinion :)

Mickey_777

While I do agree that FJ is a groundbreaking attraction for technology, I didn't like it. It was jerky, and I didn't like the sets. It was really in my face, which I was scared of :| I would much rather have a "Game of Quidditch" which goes wrong.
Also, I don't like Splash. Again, the animatronic's on the ride are creepy. I was sat in the middle and felt very claustrophobic, and thought they were going to move towards the boat... First ride and I won't repeat. **shudders*
So, for me I'd have to say that Peter Pan in Paris is pretty good, I love the film and it's really immersive. Following that, it's Pirates of the Caribbean, and also Men in Black over at Universal is amazing as well. Just my opinion :)

Have you had prior experience with Animatronics attacking your ride vehicle? :D I kid, I kid...

plaz10

Here's what my criteria is for the "best ride"

Makes me happy.
And I'm not happier in any other theme park in the world than in Disney. So regardless of speed/thrills - if it's outside of Disney, then it won't be considered in my book because it doesn't hold the "at Disney" feeling that can't be touched.

With that being said:
Rock n Roller Coaster - best thrill
Splash Mountain - best water ride
Spaceship Earth - best nostalgic feeling

SulleyanBoo

Best attraction (s) :)

To me, being the Disney lover that I am it would be impossible to choose just one :p so I will say that my top 5 are..

1. Rockin Roller Coaster
2. Big Thunder Mountain
3. Soarin
4. Test Track
5. Dinosaur

captainkidd

My vote for most complete, enjoyable ride experience is Splash Mountain. Granted, it's seen better days, but in terms of everything it has - Laughs, thrills, great music, animatronics, age appeal, and length of the ride, it gets my vote.

cheezbat

My vote for most complete, enjoyable ride experience is Splash Mountain. Granted, it's seen better days, but in terms of everything it has - Laughs, thrills, great music, animatronics, age appeal, and length of the ride, it gets my vote.

It's such a shame the crappy shape WDW's version is in right now. There are so many non functioning animatronics on it. It makes me sad. When it's in tip top shape, it's definitely one of the best rides on the planet.

Crockett

Banned
As much as I go after Uni for being Disney's top competitor, I have to give them credit for Revenge of the Mummy & Spider-Man.

(Don't get used to me praising Uni for anything, but those two attractions deserve it). :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom