What is the best resort to stay at, at Disneyland Paris?

jcrb

Original Poster
What is the best resort to stay at Disneyland Paris?

I want to go to Disneyland Paris someday and I would like to know which resort you prefer.

lilkitty819

I also would like to find that out....Hopefully in 2 years on our 10th anniversary we will get to do Europe for 2 weeks....:sohappy:

wbboy29

When I was last there we stayed at the Newport Bay Hotel, and I must say it was amazing. Beautiful design, great food, great service, just a fantastic hotel. I visited all the other ones they had but I still thought Newport Bay was the best by far.:)

Maria

Is Newport Bay the one that looks kind of like The Boardwalk or the Grand Floridian? :veryconfu
I have a blurry image of them while I was on the shuttle to DLP from the airport. I was tired and I just remember I didn´t like the one that looks like a cowboy place, and that they didn´t look like the ones at WDW.

wbboy29

Hey Maria,

Newport Bay, is the one that looks light Boardwalk and Yacht & Beach. It is actually the largest hotel in Europe (at least it was when I was there) with 7 km of hall ways. So needless to say if your room was at the end of one of the wings you had a long hike, which ours was. It felt like we walked a mile but it was well worth it in that beautiful hotel.:D

Maria

Originally posted by wbboy29
Hey Maria,

Newport Bay, is the one that looks light Boardwalk and Yacht & Beach. It is actually the largest hotel in Europe (at least it was when I was there) with 7 km of hall ways. So needless to say if your room was at the end of one of the wings you had a long hike, which ours was. It felt like we walked a mile but it was well worth it in that beautiful hotel.:D

Thanks for the info! I had no idea! I just remembered it didn´t look anything like WDW. That Newport Bay looked like the best of them though, but I had no idea it was that big! It certainly didn´t look like it! :animwink:

Well, I think the Disneyland Hotel is the most beautiful and would be my choice (if I could afford it). They even have rooms with a view into the park!

We've stayed at both Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay and loved them both. We especially enjoyed the maps on shoreline areas on the walls of the lobby at Newport Bay -- we're from Connecticut and the maps were supplied by the Mystic, CT seaport, so we didn't feel quite so far away on our last trip.

Henning

Hi everbody...

my first post - so give me a warm welcome :)

Since Germany is so far away from WDW, my way of curing my "Disney-addiction" from time to time is going to DL Paris. Well first of all: It´s nothing like WDW - so if you can go to Orlando, skip DLP.
However if you want to go to Paris anyway, try to go during christmas time. That´s what I like to do. You get the Disney fun and it´s authentic christmas mood, because it´s cold outside and it might even snow. Plus they have great christmas shows.

If I could afford it, I would always go to the Disneyland Hotel.

The Newport Bayclub looks nice. But knowing the Boardwalk you´ll be very dissapointed. Plus the theme doesn´t fit to much into christmas time :D

My favorite therefore is the Sequoia Lodge. It doesn´t look to nice from the outside. But at christmas time they decorate it with lights and christmas trees, so you won´t mind to much. The best thing about Sequoia Lodge is, that there is a gorgeous fireplace inside (the largest in Europe) where you can sit and rest and have a cocktail (there is a bar too). From time to time some characters pass by that you can meet, greet and take photos of.
It´s the best place to either call it a day and relax or to start the night before you go to "Disney Village" (the Paris version of Downtown Disney) or to the "Buffalo Bill Show" (which is great).

The biggest turn off at all Paris-Hotels are the breakfast. They call it continental. That means, that you´ll get a basket of breads, butter and jam - and that´s about it. Nothing compared with the great WDW-buffets.

O.K. So much for now...

-Henning

DisneyPhD

Welcome Henning, you have some good advice.

I would like to see DLP someday, and Europe for that matter. However I am a non smoker and I can't stand being around any smoke. I just know if I went, the smoking customs and habbits of others would just drive me crazy. It ruin my whole trip and would I be in a another country so I couldn't even complain that much. If I don't like it, stay in USA. So that is what I do.

What I am wondering is, if I give it enough years (10 to 20 :) ) do you think popularity of ciggerette smoking will go down, or at least the non smoking laws get better (like in US.)

While DLP may not have the magic of WDW, I think it is very creative and would love to see experince it myself some day.

Henning

Hi DisneyPhD!

Thanx for the welcome! I know what you mean - I am a non smoker too. And you are right that smoking habits in Europe are really disturbing (try to find out where people come from that don´t observe the WDW smoking rules, they´ll most definitly come from Europe :hammer: )

I don´t remember whether DLP is a non smoking enviroment, but I remember people smoking in lines and while waiting for a parade (although I remember that there are announcements asking people not to do that). At least you can get non smoking rooms in the hotels and there is non smoking seating in the restaurants.

I thinking smoking habits - at least in Germany - are slowly changing. More and more places become smoke-free. For examples the airports. But there is way to go....

Nevertheless there is a lot to see over here. So maybe you should think about coming to Europe anyway....

-Henning

dlparis

If you have the money (lots of €€€) than the Disney Hotel is the one. You can get a room overseeing the park and it's the only one in the world thats almost sits in the park.

Just imagine the view of Main Street in the morning or viewing the firework from your hotel room.

Never stayed there, but ooooh boy if I just once won the lottery...... :sohappy:

Disneymad

The Disneyland Hotel is definitely our favourite Disneyland Paris Hotel. It is beautifully themed and because it only has 500 rooms, feels like a small boutique hotel. Having a room overlooking the park is wonderful - the hotel actually sits right over the entrance to the park and the views are spectacular. The rooms are the largest on DLParis property and have beautiful furnishings and 24 hour room service. Castle Club is like a WDW style of Concierge and guests staying in Castle Club benefit from a direct private elevator which takes you right in to the park. The hotel has two restaurants - California Grill which is VERY expensive but has wonderful views over the park and a fine Californian wine list, and also the cheaper Inventions - which is our favourite - it is a buffet style restaurant and a regular home to the characters. Out of the three Disneyland Paris hotels that we have stayed at we found the staff to be most friendly here and always willing to help. The hotel's swimming pool is fairly small and not really themed, but never seems crowded because of the hotels small capacity. The Disneyland Hotels shop 'Gallery Mickey' has many fine gifts and some excellent Disney collectibles too.

Newport Bay Club is also a wonderfully themed hotel and has a great swimming pool which links to an outside area - great for the summer. The hotel has nice rooms, although fairly smaller. Also Newport Bay Club is about a 10 minutes walk from the 2 Disney parks.

Sequoia Lodge was our least favourite hotel - the theming was poor IMO, especially compared to the Wilderness Lodge in WDW. The staff seemed unfriendly and the restaurants were poor and over crowded for breakfasts in the morning. Also the rooms IMO were dark and small - they felt old and used. The plus side of the hotel was the great swimming pool which was ideal for children. At Christmas time this hotel would be our 2nd choice after the DLH because I imagine the roaring log fires would be lovely and welcoming.

SirNim

I've never been but from what I've seen in the brochures, the Disneyland Hotel is the Grand Floridian of DLP. Really nice...

As for the Newport Bay Club, it is a large, Yacht Club-looking resort, supposedly set in Newport! (Rhode Island, about 30 minutes away from where I am right now!)

elisa

disneyland paris hotels

it depends whether you first of all want a pool or not, if you do choose the newport bay (very nice hotel and tigger greeted me in the lobby when i stayed there.) the sequioa Lodge, Hotel new york or disneyland hotel. if you have got kids it my be worth trying the hotel cheyene it doesn't have a pool and is a bit futher away from the parks but each room has a double bed and bunk beds. There is also the hotel santa fe which also has no pool, but has to double beds. Hope this helps!!

kvan

The best place to stay at Disneyland Paris is the Disney land hotel concierge level, park view.
If you can afford it just stay for one night, the views of the park from your balcony are spectacular.
After the main street electro parade we went to our room, and saw the fireworks from our balcony.
The concierge level cm were fabulous, not like the other ones in the park ( here I missed the wdw ones)
Also the pool is too small, not themed at all.

Disneymad

The Disneyland Hotel's concierge level is called Castle Club, if you try and book asking for Concierge level the staff have no Idea what you mean! Castle Club is a private floor with rooms overlooking the park or fantasia gardens. To access Castle Club you have to enter your room key to open up the private elevator that takes you straight in to the park or your room.

GenerationX

Do any of the Disney operated hotels have standard rooms (not suites) that sleep 2 adults and 3 kids? We are planning on going in June, 2004, and I'm already starting my research. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom