What is the best animitronic character in all of Disney World?

montyz81

Original Poster
This is only for Orlando. I would say the criteria needs to be fluidity of movement, stage credibility (entertainment value), overall attention to detail made on the character.

For this, I vote for Mark Twain/Ben Franklin.

krankenstein

Even though I hate the attraction, the Stitch AA is pretty impressive to me.

Honorable mention to Mr. Greek Teacher (SSE) and The Wicked Witch (GMR).

Philo

Does Mr Potato Head at TSM rank up there? I've not seen him in action yet.

Stitch is a good anamatronic but my vote would go to Jack Sparrow in PotC (probably the last one you see before exiting more than the others). Like it or not, it's very impressve

Ausdaddy

Stitch is a good anamatronic but my vote would go to Jack Sparrow in PotC (probably the last one you see before exiting more than the others). Like it or not, it's very impressve

He's on par with Buzz in SRS. The animatronic formally know as Yeti wins for me. I hear they have a statue to him inside the mountain on EE.

WhatJaneSays

The Will Rogers figure from the American Adventure.

That thing spins a lasso like a pro and it's not a trick! It really is just a regular rope attacked to his hand ... kinda scary actually. I still can't get my wrist to make the lasso moment right and the "Will-Rogers-bot" does it like that. I'm sure it took untold hours of fine programing. Every time I see that short bit it's still cool.:D

gossame1

My favorite AA's

As far as AA's go-

MK
1) Entire Carousel Of Progress cast (All Time Favorite!)
2) The redhead from Pirates
3) Sonny Eclipse (Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe)
4) It's A Small World (Had to throw that in!-CLASSIC)

EC
1) Entire American Adventure show
2) Maelstrom trolls
3) Spaceship Earth
4) Universe Of Energy cast
5) Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks (Veggies et,al)

DHS (Formerly Known as Disney-MGM)
1) The Wicked Witch of the West (The Great Movie Ride)

Rob562

The Will Rogers figure from the American Adventure.

That thing spins a lasso like a pro and it's not a trick! It really is just a regular rope attacked to his hand ... kinda scary actually. I still can't get my wrist to make the lasso moment right and the "Will-Rogers-bot" does it like that. I'm sure it took untold hours of fine programing. Every time I see that short bit it's still cool.:D

I haven't sat close to him to make sure, but I believe the spinning lasso is a trick effect. I'm not saying that the lasso doesn't spin properly, because it does. But rather HOW they make it spin isn't the arm motion.

I believe that inside Will's hand is a motor that spins the rope. The way the rope is designed in the lasso shape, it naturally spins into the "twirling lasso" formation. They just hide that fact by having Will wiggle his arm around a bit as if he's really spinning it by arm movement alone.

You could do the same thing by attaching a lasso to a drill or hand mixer.

-Rob

MKCP 1985

Nah, he's a potato. Last Monday morning, he was broken. During the first 20 minutes of my wait time in the queue, he was behind a curtain. Someone pronounced him ready to go, and during the next 20 minutes, he worked sporadically, just enough to notice that he wasn't working right.

He didn't live up to the hype. Fortunately, the ride itself did! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom