What is that dirt section at SSR?

vonpluto

Looking at this construction aerial view, I see that there is major earth work at the corner of SSR (upper right portion of the picture)? Anyone know what this for?
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...-disney-springs-construction-aerial-views.htm

Probably site work for the new bridge from SSR to the Village.
Oh, it also includes removal of an existing monorail footer that will be set at ground level at one corner of the site for future use as the base for the mausoleum for some guy named Peter....
:confused:

Monorail_Red

Although that sounds plausible that area seems to be just dirt with nothing to contain the water. I think dumping a ton of salt water into an area where it could get into the ground water wouldn't be a good idea.
I agree. But in an an emergency you would have to pick your poison. I don't know if that is actually what the area is for sure. I remember hearing that from a CM on the Behind the Seeds segway tour.

Clever Name

Although that sounds plausible that area seems to be just dirt with nothing to contain the water. I think dumping a ton of salt water into an area where it could get into the ground water wouldn't be a good idea.
These areas are storm water runoff retention ponds. They are designed to provide for water quality and quantity control. These dry ponds are known as detention ponds and they are designed to dry out between uses. They serve to reduce the amount of pollutants that enter other waterways by holding the water so sediments have a chance to sink to the bottom. They also regulate the quantity of water flow to reduce flooding. Reedy Creek works closely with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the South Florida Water Management District to manage the water resources within WDW.

Soarin' Over Pgh

...I kinda feel like a total idiot, but for the life of me I can't see where Disney Springs is on a Google Map of WDW.

Obviously Ive not been there enough. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom