What is most likely to be built between 7DMT and Avatar?

Buck

Original Poster
Obviously we'll see a nighttime spectacular at DAK, but are there any other attractions likely to happen in this period if time? Please spare us the restroom jokes.

Monsters Inc ride at DHS?
Tangled show?
Star Wars phase 1?
JII revamp?

Tom

Beta Return
Obviously we'll see a nighttime spectacular at DAK, but are there any other attractions likely to happen in this period if time? Please spare us the restroom jokes.

Tangled show?
Star Wars phase 1?
JII revamp?

Likely none of the above. They've announced Avatar, and have given a timeline. Star Wars is the only option that has any credibility, but if something did happen, it wouldn't beat the Avatar schedule (given the pace at which Disney builds things).

Buck

Original Poster
Not trying to light a flame here or anything, but in all seriousness given Disney's track record.... nothing.

Seems like they tend to average about a ride a year recently going backwards 7DMT, Under the Sea, Star Tours 3D/new Test Track, Toy Story Mania, Everest, Soarin, etc.

Buck

Original Poster
Likely none of the above. They've announced Avatar, and have given a timeline. Star Wars is the only option that has any credibility, but if something did happen, it wouldn't beat the Avatar schedule (given the pace at which Disney builds things).

What's the timeline for avatar?

G00fyDad

Seems like they tend to average about a ride a year recently going backwards 7DMT, Under the Sea, Star Tours 3D/new Test Track, Toy Story Mania, Everest, Soarin, etc.

7DMT - 2014 (maybe)
Under the Sea - 2013
Star Tours 3D - Not a new ride
new Test Track- Not a new ride
Toy Story Mania - 2008
Everest - 2006
Soarin - 2005

Not quite every year.

Buck

Original Poster
7DMT - 2014 (maybe)
Under the Sea - 2013
Star Tours 3D - Not a new ride
new Test Track- Not a new ride
Toy Story Mania - 2008
Everest - 2006
Soarin - 2005

Not quite every year.

Okay then add in MILF and the Seas with Nemo and you've got, like I said, about an attraction a year. So what will we see between 7d and avatar?

wdwfan4ver

Tangled show?
Star Wars phase 1?
JII revamp?
Monsters Inc. Ride isn't going to happen. I really haven't heard anything about a Tangle Show lately.
I don't know if the JII revamp is still going to happen.

There is a chance of a Star Wars Phase 1 being built between 7DMT and Avatar, but it really depends on 2 things. The first thing is when the plans are finalized for Disneyland or DHS in terms of a DHS expansion.

The 2nd thing really depends Star Wars Phase 1 is Mos Eisley Cantina and Indoor Jedi Training academy. Those two things I mention is stuff that can be put in existing DHS buildings. If Phase 1 involves E-ticket attraction, Phase 1 isn't going to be open before Avatar.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Okay then add in MILF and the Seas with Nemo and you've got, like I said, about an attraction a year. So what will we see between 7d and avatar?

You can keep asking the same question, but you are probably going to keep getting the same answer. The only thing of any significance that I think will happen before Avatar is maybe a minor Star Wars addition to DHS.

wdwfan4ver

What you need to look at Star Wars Expansion is the details given in location based on part rumors of the Star Wars expansion. From late Sept. of this year according to Martin1971, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and American Idol Experience is on the "see it while you can" category because they are going away for Star Wars.

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is a spot where construction that a building is needed to be constructed and that means the attraction taking the place of Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular wouldn't be open before 2017.

There also is the rumor in the past of Backlot Express being gone with Mos Eisley Cantina taking its place. If Mos Eisley Cantina is taking the place of Backlot Express, that wouldn't take a lot of time at all for retheming and opening compare to what happened for Be Our Guest Restaurant. Be Our Guest Restaurant took a while because it involved constructing a building.

Last edited:

doctornick

IMHO, I expect to see the following things in WDW before Avatar opens in 2017...

1. Some minor Star Wars expansion ("Phase 1"), perhaps Mos Eisley Cantina and an indoor jedi academy
2. new film for Soarin'
3. new show in the BatB theater and VOTLM space
4. new show in the Eo theater

I don't, at this point, expect any new rides, but I would not be surprised if something smaller scale got built before 2017.

NiarrNDisney

Star Wars 7 is supposed to be out Dec. 2015 You would think they would want to get a new something Star Wars opened around the same time.

I was thinking the same thing! It would seem the best plan of action for the Mouse would be to take this opportunity with SWVII coming soon that they go into overdrive and start some form of work on a Star Wars Land in DHS.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom