What is in the water @ WDWMagic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbie53

Premium Member
In these situations where it appears as though newer members are being driven away, I think its important to remember that there's not really anything Steve can do in the way of prevention. Everyone makes their own decisions. Steve can only really react once an incident occurs, and very often at that point the damage is done in terms of first impressions and hurt feelings. This may be part of the reason why the response seems minimal. (That and his tendancy to work things out behind the scenes.)

Goofette

Also, everyone should remember that just because someone is a "Contributing Member" doesn't mean they've been around a long time. I think I joined in January and then decided I needed to help support (financially) the forums since I was here so much. So since I'm not technically a "newbie" I'm not one of the original members. I have seen other contributing members who are really new too. Just remember that only means we're supporting the site for $5.00 a month.

Goofette

Originally posted by tiggerlover1971
well said dawn i camee on this website because it was a disney forum not a politically correct forum i get annoyed with the posters that hurt peoples feelings

I remember right after my mom had her stroke I came online and posted something. I made a post (that I thought was correct) and I was quickly reminded that it wasn't correct, I thought everyone was gaining up on me. I remember feeling so horrible and almost crying and then I got mad and posted something kind of mean (do you remember tiggerlover) I felt so bad when I realized that you and the other person weren't meaning it as a bad thing, you both were just trying to help. I think situations in our everday lives cause us sometimes to get hurt and lash out at times, like how I did that day.

I really did (and do) feel horrible about that day. I know you're a really sweet person and hopefully since then I've seemed more "normal" than I did that day :(

tiggerlover1971

i just like to say that i am fairly new here but i enjoy reading everyones post even if they cant spell or have smiles in them i have trouble spelling and use the smilies alot i just hope people could overlook that and get to know me as a person i just love everyone here i care what happens to everyone and i dont want to step on anyones feet if i annoy you let me know in a pm not on a forum because i might not realize i am doing something that offends you

tiggerlover1971

hugs goofette( i remember) you know i care about you are one of my favorite posters (grizzley and maria and turbo and spidey and wdwfreak ) to name a few I cry when peoples feelings get hurt :cry: I guess goofette you dont know me very well i can be a ___________ sometimes :lol: just teasing you a very sweet person also goofette gosh this post turned out to be a lovefest:lol: :p

Castle Cake Apologist

(grizzley and maria and turbo and spidey and wdwfreak ) to name a few

I'm not one of your favorite posters?? :cry: I see how it is between us!

Just kidding Tiggerlover! I know ya like me! (hehe... or so I'd hope.. right? Hello?)

Dawn S

Original Poster
Re: Another opinion.

Originally posted by Talsonic
P.S. What's it like when you come home and find someone in your underwear? I have never had the experience. However, depending upon the person, it could be a good thing, right?:lol:

Ya know, all of my life people have teased me for the references & analogies that I think up. They always seem to have something to do with underwear or the like. Sigmeund Freud would love to use me as a case in point. :rolleyes:

Could be a good thing? Hmmm...maybe it could. I'll have to conspicuously leave my unmentionables laying about the house & see which wandering guests decides to try a fitting. :lol: :lol:

I've got the giggles something awful tonight...please don't bait my stupidity. I'll only end up embarrassing myself. LMAO

mightyduck

Hey, Dawn, as for what's in the water.... I think it's the flouride!

(maybe you have to be a certain age to get the reference.... :( )

Actually, I think it's sweet tea in the water. :)

Goofette

hugs goofette( i remember) you know i care about you are one of my favorite posters (grizzley and maria and turbo and spidey and wdwfreak ) to name a few I cry when peoples feelings get hurt :cry: I guess goofette you dont know me very well i can be a ___________ sometimes :lol: just teasing you a very sweet person also goofette gosh this post turned out to be a lovefest:lol: :p

:lol:
What's so funny is I couldn't tell you what thread that was. I have no idea. And normally I'm not that sensitive, I guess the pressure of everything just made me snap. But I felt pretty foolish when I got upset.

I'm curious as to what got blocked out of your post :lookaroun ;)

tiggerlover1971

Originally posted by DisneyExpert

I'm not one of your favorite posters?? :cry: I see how it is between us!

hugs and kisses disney expert i love your post too i am extremly tired so i cant remember all the posters i love i will give you another hint darthdarrel is another one i didnt name either sorry there are just too many for me to name so hugs to everyone i didnt name

Tramp

Make sure you drink the water upstream

Originally posted by mightyduck
Hey, Dawn, as for what's in the water.... I think it's the flouride!

(maybe you have to be a certain age to get the reference.... :( )

Actually, I think it's sweet tea in the water. :)

...sorry, but I peed in the water...enjoy!:lol:

...I try to keep my vulgar language in the chat section or in the PML with all my snobbish, rich friends ... titles and post count mean crap to me...if anyone wants mine, you can have them!

Talsonic

Account Suspended
My Mom liked me (I think).

Originally posted by mightyduck
Talsonic, while I agree that sometimes there are people here having a bad day--it happens to most of us at some point--to say that there is a double or triple standard is to criticize Steve, who runs these boards with the cash out of his own pocket (and yes, with the cash of those of us who call this place home and feel like we owe him some rent for spending all day on his couch! :lol:

I would just like to say that there are many, many times when the whole story isn't apparent because Steve is quick to delete offensive posts or threads (even those of "premium" members). He also has been known to use private communication to advise members, premium or otherwise, on how he wishes for people to behave. There are instances where it may seem people are "running someone out" when that person has sent harassing PMs, IMs, or emails to members here (it's happened, and Steve has responded quickly).

I would also point out that Steve has gotten to know those of us who have been here awhile as individuals. He knows are personalities, quirks, etc. Just because you don't see him publicly upbraid someone doesn't mean he didn't respond. I've never seen him discuss anything about anyone's behavior publicly without first trying to handle it through private conversations.

And overall, I think we welcome new members here. The more the merrier! :)

Sorry to hear that you feel this place isn't run with a sense of fairness. :(

Hi mightyduck! IMO, nothing in life is fair, including this board. I don't expect fairness, freedom of speech or anything of the sort. I wasn't complaining about the situation but rather, just stating my perceptions based upon my long term observations. Heck, maybe one day I'll be a long time member and well known to Steve and the moderators and then perhaps I'll be able to utter uncomplimentary comments toward other members because of my "seniority". As for you and Mom, I have never seen you engage is this type of behavior. Actually, quite the contrary. Both you guys (excuse me, I mean Ladies) always seem to try to make peace on this board and you also encourage all new members (without regard to race, creed, age, etc.) to become part of the "family". You folks are the best in my book! However, you know as well as I, that some members just seem to be let off their leash sometimes to "go after" some other members. As you have pointed out, I would assume that the administrator does privately warn and perhaps admonish these transgressors. At least I hope this is the case. My opinions are based upon what I have read on the board. The fact remains that a double, triple standard is present and a member must know his limitations. I know my place (I think) and I will stay where I belong. However, one day as God is my Witness, I pray that I will be able to call another member (preferably new) on this board, "Pond Scum" and get away with it Scott free! And you know, these long posts are not helping me in my quest. Frequent short posts should be my goal!

Note to administrator: I am a lowly worm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom