What is in the old Journey Into Imagination scene locations?

TestTrack99

Heads should have rolled for this debacle.

Indeed, I've long wanted to know just how this actually happened. At some point, someone clearly should have realized this was a bad idea.
They probably knew guests would HATE the new attraction (Journey Into YOUR Imagination), but the contract that they signed with Kodak forced them to update the attraction every 10 years. Disney had no choice.

Goofyernmost

They probably knew guests would HATE the new attraction (Journey Into YOUR Imagination), but the contract that they signed with Kodak forced them to update the attraction every 10 years. Disney had no choice.
One could probably add to what you just said, by saying... They decided that following the agreement instead of arguing against it because of the hassle that they had constantly had with the turntable. Cost wise it was just easier to change it, lose the best part of the show and make Kodak happy. A move that proved more then just a little bit erroneous. I just don't think that they knew that the change was going to be so hotly reacted too or the change was going to be sooooo bad.

TestTrack99

My 7 and 3 year old daughters thought it was a waste of time. I knew it was but didn't try to influence their opinion in any way. I thought they might think it was fun. The only attraction they were more bored with was HISTA. We'll never visit the pavilion again until something changes.

I don't know if anybody else sees it this way, but I think the lighting is one of the major problems on this ride. Not in the sense that you can't see, but that you can see too much(track, ceiling, utilities, etc.) The queue and the load are too bright as well. No atmosphere. Same with the queue and load for TSMM. I felt like I was in a warehouse lit by flourescents. Highlight what should be seen and create an atmosphere with lighting. That should be a given on a Disney attraction.

Be cheap; turn off all the lights for the majority of the ride and throw some blacklit cardboard cutouts up, with inventive music/sound effects. It would be a major improvement.

The part at the end where Figment says "Imagination is a BLAST!!!" and then there's a sudden loud hiss of air is the reason why I avoided this ride for so long. That part TERRIFIED me when I was a kid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom