What is going on with the villians store

snoble

Original Poster
when I was in there a year ago they had a pretty decent selection, but on our trip this year the selection was almost nonexistant!!!! (I did get an awsome Maleficent purse this trip.... sorry no pictures) Am I the only person who loves this store?!?!? When we go back next year will my favorite store be gone completely?!?!? :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

Craig & Lisa

when I was in there a year ago they had a pretty decent selection, but on our trip this year the selection was almost nonexistant!!!! (I did get an awsome Maleficent purse this trip.... sorry no pictures) Am I the only person who loves this store?!?!? When we go back next year will my favorite store be gone completely?!?!? :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:
Everytime we pass it I try not to go in there. They have some things that I would love to get. But I resist temptation and walk on by, so I have no idea what's going on there.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you are talking about the store in The Studios, the last time we were there, it was alot of POTC and Nightmare stuff. Most stores are losing their uniqueness in favor of being stuffed with generic crap you see everywhere else....

Ella's Mommy

Yeah Jack seems to be taking over the store. My mom loves that store she gets something there everytime we go. I dont think they will get rid of that store its still pretty popular.

Ella's Mommy

Yeah they have a small selection. Jack seems to be taking over the store. My mom loves that store. She usually gets something every trip. But the pickins have been slim. I dont think they will get ride of that store. Its still pretty popular.

disneygoof1

yeah when I was there in april most of the small area of the store was pirates stuff. I wanted a bigger selection of villians. Maleficent is my favorite, but I don't carry a purse!

ToTBellHop

this is just the trend of merchandising throughout WDW...it used to be that there was far more to buy than I would have money for...now I can't find much of anything (within my price range--there are still some really cool collectibles but I can dream on...).

3WaltFans

I agree with you 100% - The selections were horrible. It is one of our family's favorite stores in WDW. We have been collecting villain items for years but when we went in Oct. 2006 we did not buy 1 item from the store this time.
I hope our next trip it will be better merchandise.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

dazzer68

i dont think its just the parks...disney store are full of kids crap too,pooh pirates and princesses!
im sure they are the best sellers, but what about the collector? you can get pirates stuff in any toy shop over here in uk, so why do they bother with so much.
i went into the villians store last year, as from the outside it sounded unique and different but alas it was selling the same as every where else, if its going to be called villians store.....put villains stuff in it! idont think pirates and nightmare fit into a villains theme do they?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yep thte Villains store and even the Tower of Terror store is becomming very watered down. For some reason the Tower store is full of Lost and Nightmare merchandise.

PKD

I remember when you were able to get some great posters, figures, and other cool Villains stuff. Now you can hardly find anything in the store. I love me some Nightmare, but bring back the Villains.

Pooh88

You are not the only one!! That is my favorite store to visit in Disney! I wish they had a wider range of villain stuff too. Shouldn't cave in to what the new movies are out. I aslo wish it was bigger..

Alztybrn

It has always been one of my favorite stores as well. The only upsetting part is you can never find any good Hades merchandise in there. By far, my favorite villian...and the main reason I have been watching Shark on CBS this past year...

snoble

Original Poster
I also thought that there used to be a book that told the villians side of the story. I didn't see that when I was in there either. Is there any place else at the World where you can buy villians stuff..and I don't mean Captain Jack either he's not even a cartoon.:)

hrcollectibles

I love the Villains Store. I think the reason why there is soooo much Pirates and Nightmare stuf is due to demand.. I hope the store does not go away

PKD

I also thought that there used to be a book that told the villians side of the story. I didn't see that when I was in there either. Is there any place else at the World where you can buy villians stuff..and I don't mean Captain Jack either he's not even a cartoon.:)

These books are still floating around. I saw them at MGM several months ago when I was last in the store. I have seem them at DTD at WOD, but not sure if they are still there or not.

Villains0501

Hey when i was last there i was so sad about there selection. we spoke to one of the cashiers, and she said that everyone who works at that store is sad about the lack of villains stuff so she gave me this card and said if i send a nice complaint email it would hopefully change. If you want to see this store change then send an email to the address below:

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom