What is going on at AK?!

DWImagineer

Original Poster
Right now, the internet and forums on amusement parks are going crazy over rumors at AK. So what is going on. Are there going to be new rides as heard or new lands or new animals? Can someone please straighten this out?

Incredibles

I think with all the hype around EE and also the new management at Disney taking over, everyone is just excited about the possibilities, especially since AK has alot of room and to grow. Look at all the new stuff Iger has already done and the recent sprucing up of the parks. That just leads to speculation about the future. Regradless, it is an exciting time for WDW.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
DWImagineer said:
Right now, the internet and forums on amusement parks are going crazy over rumors at AK. So what is going on. Are there going to be new rides as heard or new lands or new animals? Can someone please straighten this out?
Can you post a few links?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
bgraham34 said:
Whats Expedition Everest?????? :)

I think it's some new-fangled ride thingee.... probably a clone of the Matterhorn that'll go in the Harry Potter-themed monorail-connected 5th gate to be built in 5 years. :p

CoffeeJedi

bgraham34 said:
Whats Expedition Everest?????? :)
a new spinner ride, the hub is themed to look like a mountain, and the spoke cars are themed to look like little train engines, there's a static yeti figure next to the ride that spits water on you occasionally

nerdboyrockstar

CoffeeJedi said:
a new spinner ride, the hub is themed to look like a mountain, and the spoke cars are themed to look like little train engines, there's a static yeti figure next to the ride that spits water on you occasionally

I just threw up a little bit.

DWImagineer

Original Poster
Master Yoda said:
Can you post a few links?[/quote

I don't know all the exact links but I do know some of the websites I was on:
Here- WDW forums
screamscape.com
thrillnetwork.com

I find some and ask you guys of your opinions.

Screamscape was talking about Beastly Kingdom being built

I've also heard plans for a sky tram or trail featruing snow leopards and giant pandas

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
[qoute]I don't know all the exact links but I do know some of the websites I was on:
Here- WDW forums
screamscape.com
thrillnetwork.com

I find some and ask you guys of your opinions.

Screamscape was talking about Beastly Kingdom being built

I've also heard plans for a sky tram or trail featruing snow leopards and giant pandas[/QUOTE]The Beastly kingdom rumor has been around since it was cut from the AK project back in the mid nineties. I would love to see another trail but given the current tourist market I would expect another ride before a trail.

netenyahoo

I'd really like to see the Snow Lepers and Pandas come to AK. I would think Disney could get Pandas on loan for about a year or 2. Disney seems to have a pretty good relationship with China. I would also like to see an Australia area. They could just start with an animal path and shop and later add rides and a restaurant. I think kangaroos, koalas and such would be a great addition to AK.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
HauntedPirate said:
I think it's some new-fangled ride thingee.... probably a clone of the Matterhorn that'll go in the Harry Potter-themed monorail-connected 5th gate to be built in 5 years. :p

wow! When does it open? Will there be soft openings? Can I ride it?

Classic, HauntedPirate, but you forgot. It also has the Indy EMV meets JTTCOTE in the Dragons Tower too.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
marni1971 said:
wow! When does it open? Will there be soft openings? Can I ride it?

Classic, HauntedPirate, but you forgot. It also has the Indy EMV meets JTTCOTE in the Dragons Tower too.

How could I have forgotten that?!?! :hammer:

Thanks, Martin, you got exactly what I was going for with my comment. ;)

jedijake

netenyahoo said:
I'd really like to see the Snow Lepers and Pandas come to AK. I would think Disney could get Pandas on loan for about a year or 2. Disney seems to have a pretty good relationship with China. I would also like to see an Australia area. They could just start with an animal path and shop and later add rides and a restaurant. I think kangaroos, koalas and such would be a great addition to AK.

I agree some sort of Outback themed land would be great there would be lots of great rides that come out of it, and how cool would it be to get up close to crocs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom