What is going in the beasts castle area

tdpolo26

Original Poster
I know there is a gift shop, a sitdown/quickservice and gastons tavern, but the size of that building is massive. I am wondering if they have plans to put a ride in there or something, It is easily as big as the ariel area.
Anyone know what they are going to use all that space for??
Fantasyland_Full_15554.jpg

NoChesterHester

I know there is a gift shop, a sitdown/quickservice and gastons tavern, but the size of that building is massive. I am wondering if they have plans to put a ride in there or something, It is easily as big as the ariel area.
Anyone know what they are going to use all that space for

Lots-o-tables

jt04

Anyone have a labeled view like this with what is in each building, because there is also that buidling in between the two castles. Also there is one in front of the beast castle

Counter service location specializing in spam.

~get~

Mike730

This is my take on it. There's definitely no ride going in there. Don't forget that a big restaurant like that needs a big kitchen that I would assume will probably handle the tavern as well. One of the insiders could probably chime in with some more accurate info.
screenshot20120422at105.png

Rob562

This is my take on it. There's definitely no ride going in there. Don't forget that a big restaurant like that needs a big kitchen that I would assume will probably handle the tavern as well. One of the insiders could probably chime in with some more accurate info.

What you labeled is pretty much spot-on. The Be Our Guest kitchen is most of the left-hand 1/3 of the restaurant area, though some of it (the taller-roofed section) is one of the seating areas.

-Rob

beachlover4444

Beast's Castle

I read on this website a while back that there would be a huge restaurant. Quick Service during the day, Fine Dining at night. There were pictures that went along with it and a video showing the ballroom scene and how they were doing the walls rounded to match the evening sequence of stars. The Gaston's Tavern costumes have already been posted here as well (Just like Gaston's outfit). There is a "walk through" kind of attraction where you can go through the library and through other rooms in the house and it sounded like walking "thru" the story" in a storytelling kind of setting. I dont think there is a character meet and greet there though. The princess meet and greet is going into the Snow Whites Scary Adventure space.

beachlover4444

Beast's Castle

A huge restaurant, quickservice during the day, fine dining at night. The scenery is like the grand ballroom with rounded walls and the night sky scene. Gaston's tavern is in that area as well. Those costumes have been posted already. The Princesses meet and greet is going into Snow White's Scary Adventure attraction. There is a sort of walk through of the castle where you in essence "walk thru" the story, going in the library and other rooms. Not sure how or who is telling the story. That info has been scarce.

hpyhnt 1000

A huge restaurant, quickservice during the day, fine dining at night. The scenery is like the grand ballroom with rounded walls and the night sky scene. Gaston's tavern is in that area as well. Those costumes have been posted already. The Princesses meet and greet is going into Snow White's Scary Adventure attraction. There is a sort of walk through of the castle where you in essence "walk thru" the story, going in the library and other rooms. Not sure how or who is telling the story. That info has been scarce.

First I have heard of that. Interesting info...

WDWYankee15

There is a meet-and-greet of sorts in Maurice's house. My understanding is this will be "Storytime with Belle." This use to be held in the gardens by Cinderella's castle and was moved out for the Rapunzel meet-and-greet (which has now left).

"Storytime with Belle" is a re-telling of "Beauty and the Beast" story by Belle and she uses audience members (mainly kids, one father to play the Beast) to act out parts.

JeffH

From what I've read...

Belle will have here own meet and greet in her little house/chateaus to the left, but I've also heard that she (Belle #2?) will be reading stories in the library in the castle...although I have no problem with it, Disney usually avoids having duplicate characters out at once (unless they are hidden, like 3 Mickey's in 3 separate meet and greet rooms where guests only can see one).
Ariel will also have her own meet and greet over in her grotto at her new attraction, as will Rapunzel over to the left of Small World in the area currently being renovated, and Princess Tiana will continue to meet and greet at the gazebo near Liberty Square.
ALL THE OTHER Princesses will be found at the Princess meet and greet that is going into Snow White's Scary Adventure attraction location, like Cinderalla and Sleeping Beauty (both whose meet and greet chateaus were scrapped for the Snow White/Dwarf's Mine Car ride).
I imagine that the old Beauty and the Beast theater, where Belle used to tell the B&tB stories using guests, and where Rapunzel (and previously Flynn) currently do meet and greets will continue to be used for other new meet and greets, like Brave.

I still hope, someday, that they resurrect Pixie Hollow, which would nicely fit into the 'forest' behind the new expanded Fantasyland...which could be built quietly (out of guest's sight), and would simply require either the rerouting of the existing road or (better yet) building 2 magical tunnels underneath the road where, though one, you are magically shrunk down to fairy size, returning back through the other where you are expanded back to your normal size (give or take an inch).
This would further expand the capacity of the Magic Kingdom and Fantasyland and support the continuing Tinkerbell and fairies stories being told on DVDs and books.
This would provide a perfectly themed area for the fairies, and Peter Pan and Wendy and even Captain Hook and Smee (who are also shrunk down to 'play' with us)
This would provide an amazing fairy-tail play area for the kids.
Fittingly at a magical place apart from Fantasyland
The original Pixie Hollow was out-of-place, inexplicably located between Dumbo's Circus and Ariel's Grotto, while this would be perfectly 'in-place'.
Perhaps, in the future, a rebuilt (with newer technology) Peter Pan ride could be built here (a 2-sided ride with twice the capacity)...where your little Pirate ship flies up extra high (over the hidden train tracks below, which passes through a tunnel as it approaches the Circus terminal) for it's wondrous view high over London, and a return back over the same as you return back 'home. Unrestricted by space, this attraction could be built out to be much longer and provide several more and more intricate scenes from the film, while taking off AND landing back in London (same scene, different route).
This new 'old' ride would not only upgrade the most popular ride in the park (going on 40 years now), it would provide double the capacity (further expanding the capacity of the park), draw people into the magical Pixie Hollow, allow for the old Peter Pan area to be re-purposed (Peter Pan made no sense there anyway)...and be just so...magical.

SceneStealer

also keep in mind that the restaurant is 2 floors in some cases. i suspect that this is where the food supplies and freezers would be.
i noticed early on that the utilidors where extended underneath this restaurant.

just an educated guess in looking at all the pics since the work started.

Rob562

also keep in mind that the restaurant is 2 floors in some cases. i suspect that this is where the food supplies and freezers would be.
i noticed early on that the utilidors where extended underneath this restaurant.

just an educated guess in looking at all the pics since the work started.

Well, they're not exactly Utilidors, but rather it was a two-to-three story building built, dirt pushed up against the Guest-area side, and you enter on the second floor, pretty much how Small World is. From backstage it's obvious it's just a building sitting at ground-level.

The only actual Utilidor addition was going to connect the main Utilidor entrance to the Cinderella/Aurora complex so that the costumed characters could get to/from there unseen, but since that has changed to the Mine Train, it's unclear whether the Utilidor was ever built out there.

The bulk of the Be Our Guest kitchens are probably downstairs, and from the original leaked blueprints there's a large elevator in that section to get things upstairs.

As for the Belle M&G, you'll enter through Maurice's cottage and be "transported" to the Beast's Castle via a "magic mirror". Once there you'll have the Storytime with Belle experience where Guests take on roles and re-enact the story. I presume there will also be photo and autograph opportunities at the end of the "show".
But from what I've heard there will not be a stand-alone Belle M&G. You'll have to go through the show to see her.

-Rob

Magenta Panther

Belle will have here own meet and greet in her little house/chateaus to the left, but I've also heard that she (Belle #2?) will be reading stories in the library in the castle...although I have no problem with it, Disney usually avoids having duplicate characters out at once (unless they are hidden, like 3 Mickey's in 3 separate meet and greet rooms where guests only can see one).
Ariel will also have her own meet and greet over in her grotto at her new attraction, as will Rapunzel over to the left of Small World in the area currently being renovated, and Princess Tiana will continue to meet and greet at the gazebo near Liberty Square.
ALL THE OTHER Princesses will be found at the Princess meet and greet that is going into Snow White's Scary Adventure attraction location, like Cinderalla and Sleeping Beauty (both whose meet and greet chateaus were scrapped for the Snow White/Dwarf's Mine Car ride).
I imagine that the old Beauty and the Beast theater, where Belle used to tell the B&tB stories using guests, and where Rapunzel (and previously Flynn) currently do meet and greets will continue to be used for other new meet and greets, like Brave.

I still hope, someday, that they resurrect Pixie Hollow, which would nicely fit into the 'forest' behind the new expanded Fantasyland...which could be built quietly (out of guest's sight), and would simply require either the rerouting of the existing road or (better yet) building 2 magical tunnels underneath the road where, though one, you are magically shrunk down to fairy size, returning back through the other where you are expanded back to your normal size (give or take an inch).
This would further expand the capacity of the Magic Kingdom and Fantasyland and support the continuing Tinkerbell and fairies stories being told on DVDs and books.
This would provide a perfectly themed area for the fairies, and Peter Pan and Wendy and even Captain Hook and Smee (who are also shrunk down to 'play' with us)
This would provide an amazing fairy-tail play area for the kids.
Fittingly at a magical place apart from Fantasyland
The original Pixie Hollow was out-of-place, inexplicably located between Dumbo's Circus and Ariel's Grotto, while this would be perfectly 'in-place'.
Perhaps, in the future, a rebuilt (with newer technology) Peter Pan ride could be built here (a 2-sided ride with twice the capacity)...where your little Pirate ship flies up extra high (over the hidden train tracks below, which passes through a tunnel as it approaches the Circus terminal) for it's wondrous view high over London, and a return back over the same as you return back 'home. Unrestricted by space, this attraction could be built out to be much longer and provide several more and more intricate scenes from the film, while taking off AND landing back in London (same scene, different route).
This new 'old' ride would not only upgrade the most popular ride in the park (going on 40 years now), it would provide double the capacity (further expanding the capacity of the park), draw people into the magical Pixie Hollow, allow for the old Peter Pan area to be re-purposed (Peter Pan made no sense there anyway)...and be just so...magical.

I've been advocating a major plussing of the Pan ride for some time now: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=4923222#post4923222

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom