What is going in the beasts castle area

Lee

Adventurer
The bulk of the Be Our Guest kitchens are probably downstairs, and from the original leaked blueprints there's a large elevator in that section to get things upstairs.
Yes.
Plans indicate that the kitchen complex will be located below the actual restaurant, at "utilidor" level.

jt04

Yes.
Plans indicate that the kitchen complex will be located below the actual restaurant, at "utilidor" level.

That should be interesting what with the mine train continually flying through at utilidor level. Heh.

tl77

I still hope, someday, that they resurrect Pixie Hollow, which would nicely fit into the 'forest' behind the new expanded Fantasyland...which could be built quietly (out of guest's sight), and would simply require either the rerouting of the existing road or (better yet) building 2 magical tunnels underneath the road where, though one, you are magically shrunk down to fairy size, returning back through the other where you are expanded back to your normal size (give or take an inch).
This would further expand the capacity of the Magic Kingdom and Fantasyland and support the continuing Tinkerbell and fairies stories being told on DVDs and books.
This would provide a perfectly themed area for the fairies, and Peter Pan and Wendy and even Captain Hook and Smee (who are also shrunk down to 'play' with us)
This would provide an amazing fairy-tail play area for the kids.
Fittingly at a magical place apart from Fantasyland
The original Pixie Hollow was out-of-place, inexplicably located between Dumbo's Circus and Ariel's Grotto, while this would be perfectly 'in-place'.
Perhaps, in the future, a rebuilt (with newer technology) Peter Pan ride could be built here (a 2-sided ride with twice the capacity)...where your little Pirate ship flies up extra high (over the hidden train tracks below, which passes through a tunnel as it approaches the Circus terminal) for it's wondrous view high over London, and a return back over the same as you return back 'home. Unrestricted by space, this attraction could be built out to be much longer and provide several more and more intricate scenes from the film, while taking off AND landing back in London (same scene, different route).
This new 'old' ride would not only upgrade the most popular ride in the park (going on 40 years now), it would provide double the capacity (further expanding the capacity of the park), draw people into the magical Pixie Hollow, allow for the old Peter Pan area to be re-purposed (Peter Pan made no sense there anyway)...and be just so...magical.

When I first saw Google earth images of the early construction outside the train tracks I thought they might have been relocating Pixie Hollow, but it turns out it was just a hole for a new drainage ditch.

Regardless, I still love the "magic tunnel to Pixie land" idea, the more isolated it is the better the effect would be, and it would certainly better than sticking the Pixies in an old restaurant in Adventureland. I mean they push Tink down a zip line and shoot fireworks at her every night you think they could at least give her a nice place to live, right?:shrug::D

WDWYankee15

As for the Belle M&G, you'll enter through Maurice's cottage and be "transported" to the Beast's Castle via a "magic mirror". Once there you'll have the Storytime with Belle experience where Guests take on roles and re-enact the story. I presume there will also be photo and autograph opportunities at the end of the "show".
But from what I've heard there will not be a stand-alone Belle M&G. You'll have to go through the show to see her.

-Rob

There was always a stand alone meet and greet will Belle before (it was in Toontown at the time) when there was also Storytime with Belle. Previously Storytime with Belle did not have an opporuntity to meet Belle after to get photos or autographs. I would think this may still be the case and you will have to go to Princess Fairtale Hall to meet-and-greet with Belle there.

WDWYankee15

Belle will have here own meet and greet in her little house/chateaus to the left, but I've also heard that she (Belle #2?) will be reading stories in the library in the castle...although I have no problem with it, Disney usually avoids having duplicate characters out at once (unless they are hidden, like 3 Mickey's in 3 separate meet and greet rooms where guests only can see one).
Ariel will also have her own meet and greet over in her grotto at her new attraction, as will Rapunzel over to the left of Small World in the area currently being renovated, and Princess Tiana will continue to meet and greet at the gazebo near Liberty Square.
ALL THE OTHER Princesses will be found at the Princess meet and greet that is going into Snow White's Scary Adventure attraction location, like Cinderalla and Sleeping Beauty (both whose meet and greet chateaus were scrapped for the Snow White/Dwarf's Mine Car ride).
I imagine that the old Beauty and the Beast theater, where Belle used to tell the B&tB stories using guests, and where Rapunzel (and previously Flynn) currently do meet and greets will continue to be used for other new meet and greets, like Brave.

I still hope, someday, that they resurrect Pixie Hollow, which would nicely fit into the 'forest' behind the new expanded Fantasyland...which could be built quietly (out of guest's sight), and would simply require either the rerouting of the existing road or (better yet) building 2 magical tunnels underneath the road where, though one, you are magically shrunk down to fairy size, returning back through the other where you are expanded back to your normal size (give or take an inch).
This would further expand the capacity of the Magic Kingdom and Fantasyland and support the continuing Tinkerbell and fairies stories being told on DVDs and books.
This would provide a perfectly themed area for the fairies, and Peter Pan and Wendy and even Captain Hook and Smee (who are also shrunk down to 'play' with us)
This would provide an amazing fairy-tail play area for the kids.
Fittingly at a magical place apart from Fantasyland
The original Pixie Hollow was out-of-place, inexplicably located between Dumbo's Circus and Ariel's Grotto, while this would be perfectly 'in-place'.
Perhaps, in the future, a rebuilt (with newer technology) Peter Pan ride could be built here (a 2-sided ride with twice the capacity)...where your little Pirate ship flies up extra high (over the hidden train tracks below, which passes through a tunnel as it approaches the Circus terminal) for it's wondrous view high over London, and a return back over the same as you return back 'home. Unrestricted by space, this attraction could be built out to be much longer and provide several more and more intricate scenes from the film, while taking off AND landing back in London (same scene, different route).
This new 'old' ride would not only upgrade the most popular ride in the park (going on 40 years now), it would provide double the capacity (further expanding the capacity of the park), draw people into the magical Pixie Hollow, allow for the old Peter Pan area to be re-purposed (Peter Pan made no sense there anyway)...and be just so...magical.

:sohappy: I love your Pixie Hollow idea. That sounds great. Very detailed.

Rob562

There was always a stand alone meet and greet will Belle before (it was in Toontown at the time) when there was also Storytime with Belle. Previously Storytime with Belle did not have an opporuntity to meet Belle after to get photos or autographs. I would think this may still be the case and you will have to go to Princess Fairtale Hall to meet-and-greet with Belle there.

True, but Storytime was something that had scheduled performances during the day. This new experience will be a constant throughout the day (with two chambers to double the capacity). With that setup, I can see there being autograph and photo ops. That's also what the original Cinderella M&G experience was to entail... An interactive part with the kids, followed by photos and autographs.

-Rob

WDWYankee15

True, but Storytime was something that had scheduled performances during the day. This new experience will be a constant throughout the day (with two chambers to double the capacity). With that setup, I can see there being autograph and photo ops. That's also what the original Cinderella M&G experience was to entail... An interactive part with the kids, followed by photos and autographs.

-Rob

I hope they do it this way and then you won't have confusion with the kids. Face characters are a lot hard to deal with keeping your kids "in the magic."

JeffH

a little followup.

Considering they've already built a Pixie Hollow (in California), half the work (the planning) is already done, so it would be sad not to build one here as well. But if they wait too long the new stories may all come and go (another new one is due this summer). The problem I see after looking at the photo at the top of the discussion is that they've left no room to create a path to that area between the bathrooms and the castles or to run one from the small town:( ...although the tunnel could perhaps be built behind the Red Circus tent controlled by the mysterious circus magician??? ...there you go, now I've merged the circus, the princesses and Peter Pan to the project, now we need to throw in a little place for the fairies in Sleeping Beauty...
---
It's really strange how until recently we never could meet and greet with Tink because ("she's too small"...which never made sense since technically so would be Woody and Mickey), then finally we got to see her (and her friends) in Toontown but only after walking down a special shrinking hallway. Now they just toss her into the jungle (Adventureland) without a thought.

mp2bill

A huge restaurant, quickservice during the day, fine dining at night. The scenery is like the grand ballroom with rounded walls and the night sky scene. Gaston's tavern is in that area as well. Those costumes have been posted already. The Princesses meet and greet is going into Snow White's Scary Adventure attraction. There is a sort of walk through of the castle where you in essence "walk thru" the story, going in the library and other rooms. Not sure how or who is telling the story. That info has been scarce.

That'd be cool.

filmy3

I'm pretty sure there will Enchanted Storytime with Belle, Gaston's Tavern, The Be Our Guest Restaurant, Bonjour! Village Gifts, and Restrooms.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
BatB "Specialty of the House"?

Short Ribs!
:slurp:

But you probably already knew that.

You should REALLY turn on your PM privileges...you can always delete the ones you don't care about...but sometimes you should be more accessible.

BTW...I like the LEGO avatar !

jt04

You should REALLY turn on your PM privileges...you can always delete the ones you don't care about...but sometimes you should be more accessible.

BTW...I like the LEGO avatar !

Thanks. Oh, and as you requested PM's are enabled. For now anyway. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom