Would Walt Be Happy With Walt Disney World Today

• Yes

Votes: 66 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 42 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Banksy

Have you ever watched "The EPCOT Film" or seen any Walt-era art? It was NOT some abstract idea. It is a very real city with center and suburbs. It is not a theme park. Some ideas were extracted for EPCOT Center but it is still not close to what Walt had his artists draw or his brother proposed to the state legislature.

Yes i have, and you are quite frankly boring me now. I stand by what i have said. It's about changing, the idea has changed and blah blah.:snore:

Like i said, no one will ever really know how he would of felt.

Its sad but Walt is no longer here. No matter how good Disney gets we will always think, "what if walt was here". I believe Walt would be happy but could definetly improve it.

mp2bill

I voted yes - but thre IS one significant item that I think Walt would have wanted....

A modern mass transit system - ie, not diesel powered busses. Monorail was a good start, long ago... but it's just not scalable in 2012. I don't know what that system should be - but it should likely be as cutting edge as a monorail was in the '50s.

I couldn't agree more.

brb1006

I'd think he'd be disappointed with the lack of character representation. Before my time the character use to walk about freely in the parks. Even when I first started going to the parks there were more character available to meet. I would like to see more characters out for my kids to meet, this way when they see the older Disney movies they can connect with the characters they are seeing.
Maybe they could bring back some characters that hadn't been seen in years. And yes I'm aware of the Long Lost Friends week.

Goofyernmost

If this has already been said, I apologize, Walt Disney World was not Walt's dream. Disneyworld was, but, it only contained a theme park because that is the only way the banks would consider financing the project. MK did provide a place of employment for many people that might occupy E.P.C.O.T., and perhaps at some point that might have expanded, but, the idea that he had any vision of WDW being what it is today, I'd say is just wishful thinking. For Walt, Theme Parks were past tense in his mind. He create Disneyland for the purpose stated by the OP, but, Disneyworld had a whole other purpose.

That said, the question was what would he think of the place now. I think it would be sort of two sided. First, he would be hugely disappointed that his City of Tomorrow never existed, but, I'm sure the other side of the coin would be based on what they actually have done with the property. How much impact his idea had on Central Florida and the closely surrounding area and particularly the money that his investment has returned over the years. The new technology, to us, is ho-hum, but, to him it would be mind boggling. Still... he would have wanted to see his actual dream realized and would have a few words with Roy for not making it happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom