What is benefit of Memory Maker?

Francy

Not sure if I'm missing something but $200 just to avoid taking your own pictures - am I missing something? I feel like I must be missing what it is we are getting!

DisneyJoe

You get to be in the photo with your family.

There are also many decorations, borders, etc that can be put on the images.

You now get the on ride photos included too.

Upvote 0

BrianV

I find it impossible to justify the expense myself. But we do always look at the photos they took and usually there are one or two I wish we had.

Upvote 0

tor29c

I have to say it was well worth it for us! The first photographer we saw in MK approached 2 of our party - a 20-something couple - and the photographer slipped the young man a comically large engagement ring to give to his girlfriend. The rest of us in the group (4 others) had no idea if the young man planned this ahead of time or if it was just a skit. The photographer had the young man bend down and propose to the young lady (my Niece) while the photographer kept shooting photos. The looks on all of our faces was priceless!!! We got close to another hundred photos after that but for that moment in time alone it was so worth it. I'm leaving tomorrow morning with my nephew, his wife, and their one year old and have gotten MM again. So many great memories to be had!

Upvote 0

cbettua

We went a week with friends, the pre-trip price is $149.00 so we split the cost. So for 80 a family, we ended up with just a little under 800 pictures. :) and I was finally in them. I still took my own, but I got to enjoy a lot more.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

We have gotten the memory maker the last to trips we took to Disney World. For the pre buy price of $149.00 we got all the pictures from the rides that take pictures plus a video of us on 7DMT. All the photos of Story Time with Belle. All the photo that you have the Cast members take. That includes most of the meet and greets. The special MNSSHP photos. Them add the extras on and we had more than 500 pictures. We just got the CD from our September trip which we paid an extra $40.00 for it and it came with 2 CD's one was all the pictures the second was 200 stock pictures that Disney threw in. Pictures that I would not have been able to take because of access. I think it is worth it. In addition i also gave my camera to Cast members to take picture with that. You can view picture on your My Disney Experience website.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

It's not worth it for my family, but YMMV. We purchased it for our lost trip. The on-ride photos are nice, but all too grainy/blurred to do much with, and we had at least one set that didn't "come out" due to a glitch with the on-ride camera (flash was out of sync, according to the CM). Other than that, the photos we got were no better -- and in many cases not as clear -- as the ones we had CMs and Photopass photographers take with my own point-and-click Canon from home (a camera that cost less, incidentally, than Memorymaker). We ended up coming home with 150+ Memorymaker photos (about 25% of which were good) and 400 photos on my camera (about 50% of which were good), and used them to cobble together a Shutterfly photo book of our trip which was a great keepsake for everybody, but which I could have put together just as easily without Memorymaker.

(Also, I'll be blunt: I think the "magic photos" with Photoshopped characters are silly -- although millions of people clearly disagree and are delighted by them. If they are something that you like and you don't have a Photoshop whiz in your family who could do them at home, Memorymaker may be worth it to you for those alone.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

wdw201328813113349_6863006635_18.jpeg
wdw201329113905885_6862564750_18.jpeg
wdw201329113954667_6862532873_18.jpeg

You can also ask the Disney PhotoPass photographers for "magic shots" where they add a special character or effect to your photos. The options change from park to park and photographer to photographer. During MNSSHP you can get a shot in front of the Haunted Mansion with a ghost in it! I added some of our "magic shots" from our last trip as examples.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

my brother and sis-in-law are at the world on their honeymoon right now. they paid the $150 before leaving to add on memory maker and have already had some great photos taken. normally they may have purchased like two or three photos, but they have a ton of funny, sweet, adorable photos to remember their honeymoon. i think it's a great idea, especially for special trips. dh and i didn't get it, but if we went on another family vacation i would seriously consider getting it just to have so many amazing, pro-quality photos.

Upvote 0

Kate Alan

We don't normally use it, but did for a trip with a large group in February where we all split the cost. For us the inclusion of the ride photos put it over the edge as we had a number of first timers and we rode multiple times doing different poses - some of our best trip photos came from those.

I'm most likely purchasing it again for my family's upcoming trip in December - my brother hasn't been to WDW since he was in middle school (he's in his early twenties now), and it is our first family vacation since my father passed away. It will be nice to have the ride photos plus all four of us in the park shots.

As others said though, if the cost is prohibitive to you, just hand the CM your personal camera - we've never had an issue with them taking photos that way.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom