What is a ride/show theming that you hate that is liked/loved?

TwilightZone

Original Poster
I got this idea from @Spike-in-Berlin, for the opposite of this question go here. For me personally I'm not a big fan of the theming in toy story (midway) mania, the ride itself feels lazy compared to other screen based rides I've been on. PS you don't have to hate the ride to dislike the theming of it, toy story mania is a fun ride to go on from time to time for me. Feel free to share any of yours below!

Musical Mermaid

I completely agree about Toy Story Midway Mania. The theming is better in the queue than the ride, a bit of a letdown for me. I dislike the theming of Tomorrowland Speedway. I can see better sites driving down the road around here and get a better thrill. In the future, I hope they do something much better with this area. And this gets mentioned a lot too, but I really dislike the Aladdin spinner in Adventureland, looks out of place.

Edward M

Ya, I agree, I think Toy Story Mania's theming isn't good, really at all. Don't understand the love. Mainly, all of Future World is awful right now. It's old, dusty, and bordering on embarrassing. The ride selection is horrible, and it is an odd amalgamation of 80s futuristic ideas and forced Disney IPs. It's just a mess.

TwilightZone

Original Poster
Soarin is just awful in the queue. Nothing there to keep you occupied.
yeah I was shocked that they didn't change either disneyland's or disney world's queue for soring over the world. I was expecting them to make this big, immersive queue with hidden backstory and whatnot. Instead they kept the "mall queue" as I call it.

JIMINYCR

Test Track came immediately to mind. I enjoy the ride thoroughly but I hate the new queue. I really liked walking the old queue with the tools, test dummies and various things to view.

Raineman

I could never use the word "hate" to describe something at WDW. Are there things I don't really like? Of course, but "hate" and "WDW" do not belong in the same sentence for me.

NelleBelle

I agree with the pp re. Tomorrowland--they could do such an awesome job if they actually stuck to a "theme" but there's stuff in there that just doesn't go/belong...so promising that it's sad:(

copcarguyp71

I would not say hate but...Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island. I never got any enjoyment out of them and the space could offer so much more to Fronteirland and Liberty Square. Again, not really hate just a feeling that it could offer more.Yes, I understand the whole "nice place to downshift" and "hearkens back to a simpler time"... just not appealing to me personally.

Pixieish

Both Toy Story Midway Mania and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin do absolutely nothing for me looks-wise. They're fun, but the fact that everything looks like cardboard cut-outs on Buzz really is kind of disappointing. For TSMM, the queue is prettier than the ride itself.

Dafid Duck

I've never been to it so I can't say that I hate it, but I just don't understand what is so great about the Hoop de Doo Review. All you can eat fried chicken? Corny jokes? Or is it all about nostalgia (and all you care to drink beer)?

KBLovedDisney

I've never been to it so I can't say that I hate it, but I just don't understand what is so great about the Hoop de Doo Review. All you can eat fried chicken? Corny jokes? Or is it all about nostalgia (and all you care to drink beer)?
It is like all you can eat down home southern cookin' (not just fried chicken, but beans, corn, corn bread with butter,etc. plus dessert) plus all you can drink too and the entertainment is really funny. I didn't get it at first until I tried it myself. It is a lot of fun but it isn't something we do every trip. (Kinda pricey)
I compare it to kind of like Country Bear Jamboree but all the bears are real actors and you get to eat while watching them, and the jokes are corny but not really cringe-worthy

KBLovedDisney

The ride theming that I don't care for is Soarin'.
8bd3b0466afa93e41023d190c7dcdcc881932cb5c47481c4e29578a554f49a36.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom