What is a Junior?

New2WDW

Original Poster
OK, I admit I have had too much time to think because work has been slow but I was wondering....'What exactly is Junior status for at Disney?'

A Junior aged child is still a child as far as a room goes. (No extra charge)
A Junior aged child gets bumped up to an Adult price as far as the DP is concerned.
A Junior aged child gets bumped up to an Adult price park ticket.

So what is the designation for exactly and shouldn't the prices for tickets and DP be adjusted properly if they are creating the middle status?

Keith:hammer:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think it's simply a cross-over distinction:

An infant is under 3.
A child is 3-10
A junior is 11-17
An adult is 18+

That way, one designation tells them everything they need to know.

DisneyJoe

So what is the designation for exactly

It allows them to give sample pricing for their discount pricing to make it easy for the average consumer to do the math - for example, for the free ticket upgrade offer in Jan-Mar:

"$385* per adult, based on adult double occupancy ($231* per junior (ages 10-17) and $192* per child (ages 3-9) when staying in room with adult)."

A child is 3-10
A junior is 11-17

You are off by a year - its 3-9 and 10-17.....

New2WDW

Original Poster
While you're at it, could you explain Junior Mints?

There are no Senior Mints.

Tks.
:)

:lol: I love those candies!

An infant is under 3.
A child is 3-10
A junior is 11-17
An adult is 18+

This is what is weird thou, the only good thing about labeling my child as an junior is that I am not charged the extra Adult fee in the room, but yet I pay Adult prices for the food and park. I wish they had an 'ease in program' instead of the 10 yr old pricing almost breaking the family trip. :lol:

DisneyGigi

So what is in the Junior price? An Adult ticket?

The ticket is labeled a Junior Ticket, or at least it was when we stayed offsite in March of this year. (When we went in September we stayed onsite and the Key to the World doesn't have an age.) It is the same price as an adult ticket.
so basically I cannot answer your original question:ROFLOL: other than the hotel part and children under 17 being free.

DISMOM

For special meals, i.e., Hoop De Due, a child of age 10 is charged the full adult price. ouch.!!!! Whether they eat all of their jr mints or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom