What is a Dole Whip????

roysta123

A Dole Whip is a swirl ice cream made up of Dole pineapple and vanilla ice cream. You can just get the ice cream or you can get it as an ice cream float with pineapple juice. The only place you can get one of these is at the Aloha Isle sponsored by Dole in Adventureland. To get to it, start at the hub and go to Adventureland. It is on the right just after you go over the bridge.

antoinebusby

Original Poster
I will definitely have to give these a try. Okay, I can't wait that long. I am off to the grocery store to see if I can't make this myself!

wizard12

Originally posted by roysta123
A Dole Whip is a swirl ice cream made up of Dole pineapple and vanilla ice cream. You can just get the ice cream or you can get it as an ice cream float with pineapple juice. The only place you can get one of these is at the Aloha Isle sponsored by Dole in Adventureland. To get to it, start at the hub and go to Adventureland. It is on the right just after you go over the bridge.

Nice. SOunds good. I'm going to try one of those in a month. Thanks for the info.

Eljay

They are BIG, definitely big enough to split. If you ask nicely, they'll give you an extra bowl & spoon.
I don't think you could reproduce it at home, the pineapple part is kind of a soft serve concoction. DELICIOUS!

BRER STITCH

I finally had one last week!

It's a "twist" of vanilla and pineapple soft serve ice cream.

The only thing really "special" about it is that not many places serve pineapple flaovred ice cream!

It was OK, but I admit I was a bit disappointed after reading so much about them on here.

At least now I know what they are!

:cool:

tiggerlover1971

oh my god dole whip floats are awesome the first time we had it it was so hot out that the coolness of it was so refreshing I cant wait to july to have a dole whip float

Yellow Shoes

We have one of those ice cream makers with the metal canister that you freeze, then pour the mix in and turn the crank.

This recipe came with the freezer. It is not the real thing, but it will do in a pinch.

It DOES have raw egg in it. Use a substitute if you're worried.

1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup crushed pineapple in its own juice

Beat egg and sugar until thick and cream-colored. Add milk, cream, and pineapple (don't drain the juice) and mix well. Freeze.

Our ice cream maker is a 1 quart size, so this doesn't make much.

My personal opinion: You can use whole milk instead of milk and cream. I have never liked frozen chunks of fruit in ice cream, so I puree the pineapple and juice in the blender.

Enjoy.

rosie.ca

when i went in august i was like what is all this fuss over soft serve ice cream but when i tried it ,i was hooked.
I love pineapple to begin with ...
i love dole whips .mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :slurp:

WDWFREAK53

Here's your first one...on me :)

Attachments

• dole_whip1.jpg
    dole_whip1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 176

Irrawaddy Erik

Here is the recipe that I use:
Ingredients
1 quart pineapple juice (Dole)
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups cream
3 cups sugar
milk

Mix the pineapple juice and sugar...make sure that the sugar is dissolved. Next add the cream and vanilla. Poor the whole mixture into the Ice Cream container. Add milk to finish filling to the "fill line" At this point simply follow the instructions on your ice cream maker. When the ice cream is ready you can serve it as is or you can stick it in the freezer for a while and let it set up a bit.

I found this at Doombuggy Productions a while back and it is REALLY good.

bhg469

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
I finally had one last week!

It's a "twist" of vanilla and pineapple soft serve ice cream.

The only thing really "special" about it is that not many places serve pineapple flaovred ice cream!

It was OK, but I admit I was a bit disappointed after reading so much about them on here.

At least now I know what they are!

:cool:

that just like when you go somewhere outside of buffalo any they say they have great pizza and wings.

you and i both know that you cant get good pizza outside of b-lo

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by bhg469
that just like when you go somewhere outside of buffalo any they say they have great pizza and wings.

you and i both know that you cant get good pizza outside of b-lo

AMEN!!!!

:lol:

Frankly, I have yet to find ANY food in Florida that we don't already have better versions of up here!

WDW has some great dining rooms, to be sure, but I've never had any one food item there that was fantastic enough to rave about.

Thank goodness we live where we live! It must be all the chemicals in the Niagara River that give our food that added ZING!!

:p :lookaroun :p :lookaroun :p :lookaroun :p

gjpjtj

But what would you suggest trying first? The Dole Whip, or the Dole Whip Float?

I am so definitely getting one of each on the next trip. They sound delicious!:slurp:

bhg469

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
AMEN!!!!

:lol:

Frankly, I have yet to find ANY food in Florida that we don't already have better versions of up here!

WDW has some great dining rooms, to be sure, but I've never had any one food item there that was fantastic enough to rave about.

Thank goodness we live where we live! It must be all the chemicals in the Niagara River that give our food that added ZING!!

:p :lookaroun :p :lookaroun :p :lookaroun :p

tell me about it! actually i ordered a pizza at port orleans last summer, it was a large pizza and 20 (horrible) wings. i askeed the dude when i ordered and he was like i like the wings they are really good, then he ovvered me ranch dressing with them??? well anyway it came to $50 for just that. rob (me) was a very unhappy camper.

mickhyperion

Originally posted by gjpjtj
But what would you suggest trying first? The Dole Whip, or the Dole Whip Float?

I suggest the float because it comes with the same Dole Whip, but you also get pineapple juice with it!! It is the best of the best!

They have a root beer float, too, but I think you get vanilla ice cream with that, so don't do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom