what ip needs a dark ride

dman1373

Original Poster
i still dont understand how there isnt an Aladdin dark ride. Just imagine a dark ride where its the entrance to the cave of wonders and then you get on a magic carpet that will take you through the story of alladin. A true e ticket peter pan.
1661330225147.png

Goofy213

If the day ever comes rather Rockin Rollercoaster to the Rocketeer. It would fit the 30s and 40s theme perfectly. Plus who knows maybe a reboot movie or series on D+

tpoly88

What would be cool is a Planet of the Apes land. Not a chance they’d do it though.
they used to have a planet of the apes ride in wildwood nj back in the 70's!!
was the dark ride on Mary Poppins basically a re-themed peter pan? like to see an escape to witch mountain ride.

esskay

I still think Inside Out needs to go in the Cranium Command theater... And incorporate Buzzy/General Knowledge into the world of Inside Out as well. :)
The concept of it would work but reusing the existing Cranium Command stuff wouldn't. Half that ride ran on tape decks! Buzzy wouldn't make sense for being part of inside out, it would need to be characters from the movie.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The concept of it would work but reusing the existing Cranium Command stuff wouldn't. Half that ride ran on tape decks! Buzzy wouldn't make sense for being part of inside out, it would need to be characters from the movie.
You would basically just re-use the set.

Also, I disagree. You gotta have a creative mind. There are different parts of the body that are run by different people. The movie studio in the dream sequence... The emotions being run by the Inside Out Crew... The "core memory" being managed by the blue bean guys... It would make total sense to have a military-based operation where Buzzy is running the the whole shenanigan like he does in the original... But instead of live action comedian actors playing the different parts of the body, it'd be Inside Out characters.

Or perhaps Joy and the other emotions are training Buzzy, a newbie, to be in charge of the "decision making," the core thinker if you will, and he is interacting with all of the emotions that appear on the screens.

I'm a theater major. There are tons of different ways this can be done. :) There just has to be someone there with a creative noggin, which I don't think there is right now... At the moment, all we get is "We're having a party at ____! See ya there!" rides.

Brer Panther

I once had a dream where they actually did that Inside Out retheme of Journey Into Imagination With Figment.

Figment and Dr. Channing were still there, but it was Joy who was trolling Dr. Channing instead of Figment. And she was being a lot more obnoxious about it, too.

Heppenheimer

Maybe not a dark ride, but how about a Flying Turns-style bobsled roller coaster for Animal Kindom based on Tarzan, kind of like how he's almost surfing through the trees in the film. I'm sure Imagineering from a past era could have even disguised the chute to make it look like you're flying through tree branches. Current Disney... not to much.

Po'Rich

I once had a dream where they actually did that Inside Out retheme of Journey Into Imagination With Figment.

Figment and Dr. Channing were still there, but it was Joy who was trolling Dr. Channing instead of Figment. And she was being a lot more obnoxious about it, too.
I think an Inside Out dark ride designed from scratch could be really good. The movie provides a lot of material with which to develop an immersive ride.

Brer Panther

It would probably have to be a book report, though. Otherwise you'd just have scene after scene of the five emotions gathered around the control panel in Headquarters, which wouldn't make for a very exciting dark ride.

erasure fan1

I would love to see a few things happen.

A nightmare before Christmas ride is LONG overdue. It's already one of their heaviest merchandised ips.

I also think they should have a Lion King ride.

I'd love to see a muppet dark ride as well.

My out of the box pick would be a minecraft dark ride for the studios. It should be a boat ride that starts outside, then heads under ground through the caves. It will then end up with an encounter with the ender dragon. This would be a great answer to super Nintendo land as well.

seabreezept813

Love the Sleepy Hollow and Aladdin ideas! Something for AK—jungle book or Lion King. And Tangled..way too good for just bathrooms—and love a boat ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom