what ip needs a dark ride

mf1972

i’ve mentioned numerous times a sleepy hollow dark ride would be great in liberty square. since they have the be our guest restaurant, it would be nice if they can have a similar version of the beauty & the beast ride from tokyo disneyland.

Cmdr_Crimson

i’ve mentioned numerous times a sleepy hollow dark ride would be great in liberty square. since they have the be our guest restaurant, it would be nice if they can have a similar version of the beauty & the beast ride from tokyo disneyland.
There isn't any space in LS unless you gut HoP...

esskay

Mary Poppins because they need to “un-pause” the attraction that they announced and it deserves better than a spinner.

Or Brave because that was also in the running alongside MP originally for the U.K. attraction. It would also help to redress the misconception that the U.K. pavilion is the England pavilion and for that reason I’d hoped it would win the day.
100% this, the UK pavilion is pretty awful and poorly represented right now unless you wish to believe that all the UK has to offer is rugby shirts, royal junk and awfully out of tune live music.

I like the idea of a Brave ride here, theres a fair bit of land around the UK pavilion that would allow for it's expansion (although nowhere near as much as there was behind France unless you ditch the showcase pavilion).

If they're going to do that though there really needs to be something around the middle of world shocase, maybe something in Italy, America or Germany. I can't really think of an IP that would fit there though.

cookiee_munster

What with the Marvel issue between Floridian Universal/Disney parks, you'd think they'd try to utilise some other kind of superhero franchise outside the Marvel Universe. The Incredibles is a no-brainer TBF. Big Hero 6 could also get some kind of thrill ride where you have to save the city from some new villain.

Atlantis had some really great visuals and landscapes throughout the film. Such a shame they never expanded on it due to how the film did. Imagine how awesome an Atlantean area would look at night all lit up like it was near the end of the film. Heck, i'd settle for an enclosed indoor area much like Mermaid Lagoon at Tokyo Disney Sea, with some small kids rides and a big E-ticket like Journey To The Centre of the Earth.

Robbiem

I’ve always wanted to see a splash mountain style jungle book ride. The scenes in the original movie would work really well in a boat ride IMO and the soundtrack is great. Perfect for either of the kingdom parks.

Other ideas would be a trackless ride through wonderland, a wall-e ride at Epcot and if they could get the rights a ghibli ride in world showcase

Ansem

Encanto! I can just imagine how well the soundtrack + those magical, dust like effects and bright colors would translate gorgeously to a dark ride (or weather shifts, too).

nickys

Premium Member
100% this, the UK pavilion is pretty awful and poorly represented right now unless you wish to believe that all the UK has to offer is rugby shirts, royal junk and awfully out of tune live music.

I like the idea of a Brave ride here, theres a fair bit of land around the UK pavilion that would allow for it's expansion (although nowhere near as much as there was behind France unless you ditch the showcase pavilion).

If they're going to do that though there really needs to be something around the middle of world shocase, maybe something in Italy, America or Germany. I can't really think of an IP that would fit there though.
America already has its attraction.

I’d rather see the river boat ride in Germany or the Mount Fuji ride in Japan than IP. At a push Pinnochio would “fit” Italy if they really need an IP.

DCLcruiser

America already has its attraction.

I’d rather see the river boat ride in Germany or the Mount Fuji ride in Japan than IP. At a push Pinnochio would “fit” Italy if they really need an IP.
If IP gets rides in World Showcase, so be it. I don't mind the Three Cabaleros in Mexico. It just connects Disney to the country/culture.

Luca per Italia, per favore.

Pepper's Ghost

I've been saying this for a long while now. HS needs a dark ride along the lines of Indiana Jones/Dinosaur for Night at the Museum. It just works. It wouldn't be an E-ticket, but I think it would be really popular for both kids and adults. There are so many scenes in the movie to represent in the ride, great possibilities for usage of animatronics, and a great final chase scene with T-Rex. So many possibilities. The ride vehicles can't be themed as part of the ride like they are in Indy/Dinosaur, but I think a bland ride vehicle with a relatively quick and smooth ride could work. For example, Doom Buggies aren't exactly conducive to the story of the Haunted Mansion, but it works. Just my opinion though. I enjoyed the movies, but I think the ride would work well in HS. To me that would've been a better replacement (if one was really needed) for TGMR than M&MRR. Although, any time you rip out a popular ride, the replacement if not perfect will always be a disappointment. NatM would be a great additional ride at the park without replacing an existing one.

UNCgolf

There is something in America already.

UNCgolf

Actually quite surprised they've not rethemed Mexico around Coco...yet!

They really can't.

It would either have to be a VQ forever with small boarding groups or they'd have to do major construction that would potentially require closing most or all of the pavilion.

There's nowhere near enough queue room for a popular ride, so a simple retheme is basically out of the question -- I think Martin even confirmed (in his cryptic way) that's at least part of the reason they backed out of doing a Coco retheme.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I still think Inside Out needs to go in the Cranium Command theater... And incorporate Buzzy/General Knowledge into the world of Inside Out as well. :)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
More Muppets...IMO..
Speak out!! Represent through homemade merch that Disney isn't selling! :) My whole squad wore this on our last trip a couple of weeks ago...

1.jpg

Fun quote on Rizzo's shirt: "Hello... And welcome to my park" wearing mouse ears... if you know, you know. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom