What if you owned the Disney Parks?

DLR92

If I were in charge…the park and resort division would simplify more in ownership. DLR and WDW would have their own department of business dealings. No more homogeneous of park culture. Treat WDW and DLR separate entities.

I would push more development for Epcot and other parks with more attractions to fill in.

Married5Times

If I owned Disney parks?

1) absolutely get out of China(Shanghai) and likely Hong Hong due to its enabling of mainland and puppet-like policies. Yes, I'd be taking a huge money hit.

2) hire ppete1975 with a 2 year contract for $20 million per year to oversee things. If ppete1975 can't get it done or gets caught up in too much Mickey bureaucratic red tape thus, impeding progress then I'd hire another capable rising star who knows what a real Disney park should look like---marni---- with the same terms......... but be forewarned as I'm terribly impatient and expects positive results. I could pull a Sam Walton just like that!

wdwfan4ver

I would do 3 things with Disney Springs due to empty space and quality control. I'm doing something with it because its part of WDW property.

1.) Empty space where Wolfgang Puck Express used to be gets changed to Disney Marketplace Burger and Frozen custard Shop. Disney will own it. There will be different types of burgers and toppings there. The sides will onion rings, French Fries, and deep fried cheese curds as options. The drink options are Coca Cola products, Float, Frozen Custard sodas, shakes and melts. Every day would have 5 flavors of frozen custard with them being Vanilla, chocolate, putter pecan, Flavor of the day, and Flavor of the month. Sundaes are offered including Sundae of the month. The sundaes would be Disney theme, Marvel theme, Star wars theme, Pixel theme, or Fox themed. There also would toppings for the frozen custard sundaes.

2.) I would have a food quality team to Keep an eye on 3rd party food vendors including Planet Hollywood observatory. Planet Hollywood has a well known bad reputation for food and service for years. If there is poor quality food served on a regular basis, the place is gone after the contract is up. Replacement would be an existing place or Disney will be operate and own a business there.

3.) NBA Experience building gets a permanent replacement. I would look at Virtual Reality attractions or a Disney Quest 2.0.

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

• Delete Genie+.
  • Maintenance.
  • Bring back Horizons, World of Motion, Universe of Energy, Imagination, Dream Flight, and update them with just new tech, but same ride.
  • Jeremy Irons in Spaceship Earth (Along with massive renovation).
  • Utilize ALL buildings.
  • Unpopular, but raise prices until we get some semblance of lower crowds. Sorry, it's too crowded.
  • Ban Bob Chapek and Christine McCarthy for life from ever stepping foot in the parks.
  • Stay out of politics.

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
  • Delete Genie+.
  • Maintenance.
  • Bring back Horizons, World of Motion, Universe of Energy, Imagination, Dream Flight, and update them with just new tech, but same ride.
  • Utilize ALL buildings.
  • Unpopular, but raise prices until we get some semblance of lower crowds. Sorry, it's too crowded.
  • Ban Bob Chapek and Christine McCarthy for life from ever stepping foot in the parks.
  • Stay out of politics.
Can't argue with much here. Some really good points... especially the banning of Bob C for life. He should be arrested on sight.

I also agree with raising prices for your exact reason. I don't think anyone wants to pay more, but how else will you thin crowds. There's just no other way. Make people save and go fewer times than they used to, but each time would be a better experience.

One question though. What ticket price would finally start to keep people away? Double? Triple? Would you pay $400/day/person? $500? Is that enough to thin crowds? I can't see $200 or $250/day being enough. It's got be enough to hurt. Think of it... a family of four costing $2,000 a day? I'm guessing that thins crowds drastically, so maybe it's $350/day/person. Just curious what reduces crowds by about 30% to 40%.

NickMaio

• Delete Genie+.
  • Maintenance.
  • Utilize ALL buildings.
  • Stay out of politics.
A big YESSSSSSS.

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
You know, I just realized that I didn't add something that I would've loved the most, aside from all the things already mentioned in this thread. I don't know how popular this would be to the general public, but they're my frickin' parks, so I'm gonna do it. 😁

Aside from HM being my favorite ride, Halloween is my favorite holiday. I've always loved Christmas too, but Halloween is #1 for me with all it's spooky, creepy, and fun elements. As someone else mentioned a short while ago, I'd use TSI and some of the land behind the HM to create a new land dedicated to Halloween and all things spooky; however, the HM would be the headliner for the area which you'd pass on your way in. I'd do away with the riverboat, but leave some of the river. I'd fill the back portion of the river connecting TSI with all that wasted real estate behind the mansion. I'd want this land to be geared a little more to the adults with 3 or 4 major rides in the area, including at least one more dark ride, and reintroduce an ExtraTERRORestrial-type ride. My goal would be a land that has a few more thrills to make it more enjoyable for teens, young adults, etc. There's Fantasyland for the kids across the way. Why not a land geared towards teens and adults. I think all age groups would enjoy it, but that would be the focus. I'd like that land to be the anchor of a celebration to rival Universal's Halloween Horror Nights in the fall. I realize Universal has the jump, not to mention the licensing to make it more thrilling, but we'd do our best for unique thrills. Not to mention with all that capital behind me, I might be able to buy up a few IPs to use in the land.

I know this won't garner a lot of support on this board, but I'm in tune with a whole 'nother community that don't care for Disney, but would DEFINITELY go to WDW often if they heard about a Horrorland, Halloweenland, or something to that affect.

hsisthebest

#1 Refurbs: New Space Mountain Track, Wheel of Time, Fix the Yeti, fix everything on Splash with the Princess retheme, redo most of Spaceship Earth.
#2 Add capacity- big rides small rides, fast rides. slow rides, people eaters, moving walkways- anything that can be an attraction. Make it much more like Disneyland and California Adventure- even with big crowds, their is plenty to do.
#3 Free FastPass for everyone! You get a FastPass, and YOU get a FastPass! Everybody gets a FastPass! (Limited quantities available)
#4 A limit of 1 ride on new attractions per day- you go on it once, then get a stamp. wristband, something showing you've been on the ride, then you are done for the day.
#5 Refresh or replace aged shows: Indy, Beauty and Beast, probably some others I can't think of.
#6 give power back to the park managers and designers on the ground and in the parks to determine themselves what is needed to improve guest experience.

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
#3 Free FastPass for everyone! You get a FastPass, and YOU get a FastPass! Everybody gets a FastPass! (Limited quantities available)
You're contradicting yourself on this one. If quantities are limited, not everybody gets a FP. Let's stick with the first idea tho... everybody gets a FP. I love this idea because it basically gets rid of FP. If the entire line moves into the FP lane, then that becomes the new line, so basically no FP line. I like that. That means only standard first come, first serve queues. 😁
#4 A limit of 1 ride on new attractions per day- you go on it once, then get a stamp. wristband, something showing you've been on the ride, then you are done for the day.
I like this idea too, but honestly, new popular rides are difficult to ride more than once nowadays anyway, so ipso facto, only one ride per person for new rides.

wdwfan4ver

I like this idea too, but honestly, new popular rides are difficult to ride more than once nowadays anyway, so ipso facto, only one ride per person for new rides.
Vlogger Paging Tom Morrow had a youtube video back in May that he show that he went on Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind 2 times in day. He showed how that can happen. Paging Tomorrow is a Florida Resident and that means there is no excuse him to get on a ride 2 times one day that he happened to have a group of people with him. We don't know if Tom Morrow does that 2 times a day when he's not recording.

I'm a supporter of people are only allowed to get on a new ride once.

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
Vlogger Paging Tom Morrow had a youtube video back in May that he show that he went on Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind 2 times in day. He showed how that can happen. Paging Tomorrow is a Florida Resident and that means there is no excuse him to get on a ride 2 times one day that he happened to have a group of people with him. We don't know if Tom Morrow does that 2 times a day when he's not recording.

I'm a supporter of people are only allowed to get on a new ride once.
I had no clue. I gotta think most people give up after one long drawn-out wait, but I'm sure it happens. I agree with you though as I stated. One ride per person... unless it's really late in the evening and there's a shorter line. You're not really hurting anyone if it's a shorter line really late.

Chef Mickey

Can't argue with much here. Some really good points... especially the banning of Bob C for life. He should be arrested on sight.

I also agree with raising prices for your exact reason. I don't think anyone wants to pay more, but how else will you thin crowds. There's just no other way. Make people save and go fewer times than they used to, but each time would be a better experience.

One question though. What ticket price would finally start to keep people away? Double? Triple? Would you pay $400/day/person? $500? Is that enough to thin crowds? I can't see $200 or $250/day being enough. It's got be enough to hurt. Think of it... a family of four costing $2,000 a day? I'm guessing that thins crowds drastically, so maybe it's $350/day/person. Just curious what reduces crowds by about 30% to 40%.
I would think $300/day would start making people think long and hard. I'd probably start there, but I'm not opposed to something more simple.

Market pricing. Like eBay. There are 15,000 slots (or pick a number), highest bids win. Will never happen, but that would fix it.

wdwfan4ver

Magic Kingdom would be one of the Theme parks I would do if I own Disney Parks although.

I am not going to do my original plan of turning tomorrowland into Sci-fi City. I am not due to the Tron coaster. That meant I would've move COP into Epcot. I know I didn't touch the speedway. The thing is I already spent a lot on Epcot. I'm staying away from coasters due due to fear of increasing attendance at Magic Kingdom and concern with Arendelle coaster being too similar to Expedition Everest. I stayed away from Tomorrow Land Speedway, Tom Sawyer Island, and Swiss Family Robinson Tree house due to the amount cost I am already doing into charge.

I used expansion plot for helping capacity of MK.

1.) Splash Mountain stays.
2.) Magic Kingdom gets an original night time parade.
3.) Reviving the Theater that was announced at D23. The first show will be Cinderella since Magic Kingdom has Cinderella Castle.
4.) Princess Fairytale Hall gets replaced by Tangled dark ride. I am doing this because Snow White's Scary Adventure used to be that spot and I think its to use that space for a ride. I picked Tangled because it doesn't seem right that an IP has a theme bathroom and nothing else.
5.) Update the guns in Buzz Lightyear.
6.) Wreck-it Ralph gets an attraction in empty Stitches Greatest Escape building.
7.) Diamond Horseshoe gets show back.
8.) Part of the railroad gets rerouted.
9.) Opening up the Beauty and the Beast bathroom area and turning it into an enclosed bridge over the cast member bus route and using the land behind it. You are going to an area that has the Princess great Hall. Right of that is Arendelle. To the left of Princess Great Hall is a new land called Medieval Square.
10.) Arendelle would have a shop, Frozen Adventure trackless ride, and a table service that has Anna and Elsa.
11.) Medieval Square has Sword of the Stone dark ride, and Brave Dark ride, shops, table service, and quick service.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

HWD…as much as I have enjoyed the Indy show, I think it’s time to retire it…two possibilities, level it and build Cars Land or bring the Indy ride from DLR to the east coast. Either way, we’re going to get an existing attraction…the trick will be to plus it, make it different than the west coast counterpart.
TSL will get shade if it’s the last thing I do…it just looks like it was just plopped down in the middle of a field and I wand to improve it and add a ride or 2.
SWL will get an additional ride, ToT will remain as is and as much as I enjoy RnRC, I think a referb with a new theme will take place. I also want to fit a Monsters Inc. “door” roller coaster in the park as well. Maybe swap out Aerosmith for Monsters, Inc.
I’ll tackle my AK wish list next…

John park hopper

If I owned the Disney Parks all the current leadership would be gone no golden parachutes. Guest satisfaction would be # 1. Hiring would be more selective and guest interaction training would be a must. CM's would get a substantial pay raise and subsequent pay raises would be based on merit. All profits from the parks would stay int the parks for maintenance, salaries, and upgrades. Multi million dollar salaries for executives would end. Park capacity would be based on revenue to operate the parks and a reasonable profit not on making the most money. Executives would be required to spend at least 2 days a month dressed as john q public experiencing what the guests are experiencing, problems would be noted and corrected immediately.
This just for starters. to be continued

Big T 1963

Question??? can we do something with Mission Space ???? Does anyone even go on this ride? I've been to EPCOT several times in my 59 years on this Earth and never never and I mean never... came close going on this attraction what a waste of Space get it sorry bring back fast pass and Disney DIning Plan and the Main Street Electrical Parade Stich's great escape the list goes on and on just trying to find the good o'l Magic
for all

Dr. Nigel Channing

1. All pets, regardless of species, will be welcome anywhere on property as long as they are properly leashed.
2. The seating area of Country Bear Jamboree will be turned into a dining hall, and guests served pizza during the show. The show remains the same, but alternates from the traditional CBJ to Vacation to the Christmas show depending on season. The name of the attraction (now dining experience) will be changed to ShowBearz Pizza Place.
3. Chewbacca in Galaxy's Edge will wear a beret from now on. Not exactly sure why, and CM's must only shrug when confused guests ask about it.
4. To open up more space on the HOP stage allowing room for future presidents in future updates, odd numbered past presidents will be repositioned to sit aloft the shoulders of even numbered past presidents.
5. To help reduce crowd congestion, stopping and loitering in the MK hub area will be strictly prohibited. Taking pictures in front of the castle is still permitted as long as you keep in constant motion.
6. As the owner of DisneyParks, I expect to be referred to as "Your Majesty" anytime I am greeted on property.
7. All CMs are exempt from rule #6 since they do the real work.
8. All park guests are required to wear a shock collar at all times. That way, in the event another one of those family brawls/fights starts to commence for whatever reason, security can use remote control buttons to halt the feuding immediately.

J4546

1. All pets, regardless of species, will be welcome anywhere on property as long as they are properly leashed.
2. The seating area of Country Bear Jamboree will be turned into a dining hall, and guests served pizza during the show. The show remains the same, but alternates from the traditional CBJ to Vacation to the Christmas show depending on season. The name of the attraction (now dining experience) will be changed to ShowBearz Pizza Place.
3. Chewbacca in Galaxy's Edge will wear a beret from now on. Not exactly sure why, and CM's must only shrug when confused guests ask about it.
4. To open up more space on the HOP stage allowing room for future presidents in future updates, odd numbered past presidents will be repositioned to sit aloft the shoulders of even numbered past presidents.
5. To help reduce crowd congestion, stopping and loitering in the MK hub area will be strictly prohibited. Taking pictures in front of the castle is still permitted as long as you keep in constant motion.
6. As the owner of DisneyParks, I expect to be referred to as "Your Majesty" anytime I am greeted on property.
7. All CMs are exempt from rule #6 since they do the real work.
8. All park guests are required to wear a shock collar at all times. That way, in the event another one of those family brawls/fights starts to commence for whatever reason, security can use remote control buttons to halt the feuding immediately.
I love pets and in even thoaygh this post is sarcasm in an ideal.world they'd be let in. But the amount of poop.and pee, and owners that would let them get away and chase the ducks and cats...it would just be a nightmare

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom