What if.... Gm is on its way out.....

Cmdr_Crimson

I keep saying that it will become the Rusteez Racing center where future cars can become fast as Mcqueen...
064be3e2c5122437ab23771137c97853c10e2a50_hq.jpg

Plus, That nice lighting McQueen AA from DHS could be use for a pre or post show element after the popularity of the show at DHS becomes stangnat and the Cars characters can be used on the showfloor area before leaving into the new cars store...

Disstevefan1

Test Track has, unfortunately, found itself into my "I'm fine if I don't ride every trip" pile.

It has joined the ranks of Star Tours 2.0.

I feel that it is a ride that has solidified itself among the community and I don't see it ever going away...but it just needs something drastically new. The Cars franchise: please stay away.
Totally agree, please no Cars overly! I don’t like the Tron overlay either, I liked the original theme of actually testing all aspects of the car. The original queue was a favorite of mine.

MickeyLuv'r

Given the recent "Magic is Electric" ad campaign (Feb 2021) celebrating the 2022 electric Bolt, I don't think GM is going anywhere.

If anything, I think the connection is likely to expand as new EV's are rolled out, and GM seeks to educate consumers about electric vehicles as the rollout expands.

Earlier this year (Jan), GM announced they plan to phase out combustion engines by 2035, and add 30 new EV's (globally) by 2025.

GM also made a very large investment in new EV battery technology (called the Ultium), and all-electric factories.

Last edited:

FettFan

No inside info, just at thought.
What if Gm (who we think contract ends next year) is leaving.
They signed their last agreement 2012 for 10 years.
Could that explain siemens and space ship earth.
Maybe we are getting another official car company for Disney.
Gm doesnt just support test track they are the official car of Disney.
This would not only impact Test track (maybe updated attraction, maybe the speedway, maybe the monorails)
Tesla anybody?

Mods feel free to move this if I violated any rules.

Most likely we’d get a subpar clone of Radiator Springs Racers... that would not involve any actual racing, just Lightning McQueen coaching you to be a racer.

We would also be treated to Cars-ified scenes from World of Motion, like Leonardo Da Vinci appearing as a bouncing autogyro while a Monster Truck sea serpent takes a peek at a Ferrari Ferdinand Magellan.

SailorMercury

I think with Tron opening soon it’s time for Test Track to get a full refresh. Current TT borrows too heavily from Tron stylized elements. Honestly I would love to see TT be completely replaced with a new ride. They could save the cars and finally build Cars Land at DHS and just reskin the old cars and move them over there.
It’s not on the EPCOT experience table diorama, and so I doubt the thing will ever go away tbh.

ElvisMickey

Out of all of the rides at EPCOT, Test Track is pretty much the LAST ride that needs TLC. And this is coming from an EPCOT Center kid who misses World Of Motion.

mysto

Out of all of the rides at EPCOT, Test Track is pretty much the LAST ride that needs TLC.

It needs some work and TLC with respect to reliability. I'm afraid to get in line for it because I expect it to shut down. Was unable to ride it last trip and not for lack of trying.

But otherwise I agree, the ride is fine, unique in many ways.

ElvisMickey

It needs some work and TLC with respect to reliability. I'm afraid to get in line for it because I expect it to shut down. Was unable to ride it last trip and not for lack of trying.

But otherwise I agree, the ride is fine, unique in many ways.
I appreciate your response! I feel like I’m in the minority liking the “Tron” version more than the original…

No Name

Yikes! Anyone else unimpressed by Elon's SNL hosting. If TT is gonna be Tesla central, we acn probaby say goodbye to massive parts of the "design your own" and any entertainment whatsoever. GM, please keep on sponsoring.
What a ridiculous tangent and conclusion. On that note, the CEO of GM has so little outward personality that you don’t even know who she is.

Rlandrigan

I can't see GM going anywhere - the car showroom at the end is amazing marketing. And fun. You could make a case for Ford or Toyota , or possibly Volkswagen, trying to replace GM as a sponsor, I don't see that going way - and GM has a sense of being the American flag carmaker, things like this reinforce that idea.

spock8113

Mary Barra is CEO of GM. The same GM that closed five factories, including the Volt last year.
What ever happened to Trump's "Retribution"?

"Thousands moved out for a new GM factory; now it's closing"​

In ignition switch debacle, GM's Mary Barra tells employees: 'We didn't do our jobs'​

124 people died because of faulty GM ignition switches and this was her answer.

Mary Barra is on the Disney 'Bored' of Directors

tpoly88

Test Track has, unfortunately, found itself into my "I'm fine if I don't ride every trip" pile.

It has joined the ranks of Star Tours 2.0.

I feel that it is a ride that has solidified itself among the community and I don't see it ever going away...but it just needs something drastically new. The Cars franchise: please stay away.
i agree on riding or not. in the past if i didnt go on it was a loss now im indifferent. i liked the original with going through the make shift testing area. someone mentioned learning how an electric car is made, sounds interesting and they should also tell us how these cars are recycled too. i miss the teaching aspect and the exploration that was EPCOT, maybe thats just me as i guess that does not excite most.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom