What If: Disney Parks Edition HYPE! Thread!!!

spacemt354

Chili's
4. Radiator Springs Racers - I too think it's the best addition to DCA and was one of the reasons for the excursion out there!

3. Velocicoaster - Probably not on many lists but similar to RSR, it was the reason for the trip to IoA. One of the best coaster experiences out there, they really nailed this one.

2. Living with the Land - feel like this and SSE have some of the last features of the former Epcot incarnations. There won't ever be a ride like this again.

1. Peoplemover - last one remaining, I hope it stays forever.

JokersWild

If we're doing Universal now:

4. Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls - I just like Dudley Do-Right, ok?

3. Men in Black Alien Attack - I feel like this perfects the shooter ride.

2. Jaws - Because I can unfortunately include it on this list. It's too short, but it's one of my favorite rides.

1. The Flying Dinosaur - I think it might be my favorite coaster. It's pretty intense for a flying coaster and has a great layout.

Please help. I just started work again and I have nothing to do. I've spent the last two days watching YouTube videos. I'm so bored.

ThemeParkPriest

It's a tricky question especially for Disneyland Paris as it has rides like Phantom Manor and Space Mountain that are certainly based on other versions yet they are totally different. Anyways, here's how I would do my rankings:
4. Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls--I'm with Jokers here. Although I prefer Splash, I really enjoyed the scenes and the drop
3. Expedition Everest--you really feel like you are on Mount Everest coming face-to-face with a yeti that likes disco
2. Rock N Roller Coaster--now that Paris' has changed themes, I suppose this makes the list. I actually preferred the Paris one. But anyways, I'm high on thrills, and it has a great launch.
1. Flight of Passage--worth the long wait for a unique simulator ride that focuses on beauty

Diplomacy Dog

Why thank you. I was accidentally taken off the shelf before the expiration date.

OMG I LOVE THIS PERSON 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I was going to comment on their fantastic signature (attached for people viewing on mobile), but then I saw what they put for their location and
hell.png

Attachments

• gay.png
    gay.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 59

Disney Warrior

Just got back from seeing the Mario movie, and.…..it’s alright. Not terrible, but not exactly great.
(SPOILERS AHEAD!!!)

The movie felt a bit short in my opinion, and the plot was kinda awkward at times. I personally think they should’ve done more with the Mario Kart scene (or maybe have karts be involved with the climax) but my real nitpicks are with some of the characters (I am aware that this is a different canon than the games). I found the decision to use Peach as the secondary protagonist and Luigi as the damsel kinda interesting. The movie also at both a potential romance between Peach and Mario as well as a reveal that Peach was actually from a different land, neither of those were mentioned after (it was also a bummer that the Desert Kingdom wasn’t explored either). Although I loved Jack Black’s portrayal of Bowser (that singing voice is pretty great and reminded me a little bit of Legend of Zelda), his character was a bit shallow since all he wanted to do was marry Peach and destroy the Mushroom Kingdom (and later Brooklyn). The Penguin King (who was pretty minor) should have been fleshed out more too, I thought he was going to have a bigger role. Funnily enough I don’t remember seeing a Goomba in this movie. The baby “flashbacks” also could have been fleshed out more, as they seemed random. I don’t really get why Lumalee (a forgettable character from Mario Galaxy) is in this movie, maybe her character could have been fleshed out more. There were also some notable characters from the games who were absent in the movie, those being Yoshi, Daisy, Rosalina (I really thought all of these characters would appear at some point), Wario, Waluigi, Toadette, and Bowser Jr. I do hope this movie gets a sequel, and I hope it addresses the flaws of this movie. Maybe it could involve the Mario Bros, Yoshi, and the Princesses going to space and stopping a villain (possibly Tatanga from Super Mario Land) or Bowser somehow getting himself out of the bottle and making himself furious (like Bowser’s Fury), and the Mario Bros need everyone’s help (including Bowser Jr) to stop him (and yes, I am aware of the fact that they might make a Luigi’s Mansion or Donkey Kong Country movies, which could both expand on the backstories of some characters, but I want a regular sequel, too).

Movie Rating: 7.5/10

Edit: Apparently Yoshi appears in the post credits scene, hopefully that means that the next movie is better than the first.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Possible Video Game Cartoons or Live Actions

Starfox
Toe Jam and Earl
Earthworm Jim
Zelda
Metroid
Kirby
Joe and Mac
Mega Man
Castlevania
Donkey Kong
Ghost and Goblins
Gauntlet
Altered Beasts
Duke Nukem
Gex
Oddworld
Spyro the Dragon
Pac Man in Wreck it Ralph 3
Gears of War
God of War
Tomb Raider
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter
Warhammer
Elder Scrolls
Fallout
Red Dead Redemption
Dragon Age
Fable
Resident Evil
Grand Theft Auto
Twisted Metal

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
F867A55F-F29C-43DA-B6CA-EE6C9B5347AA.jpeg

I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend!!! Happy Easter and Happy Passover to all who celebrate!!

For today’s question, we’re gonna be listing our top 4 favorite dining locations. These can be within the parks, or resorts, or elsewhere on property (Disney Springs, Downtown Disney, etc).

Honorable mention to Maya Grill at Coronado Springs Resort. It’s a nicely themed Mexican restaurant with delicious food and phenomenal beverages. This was in my top 4 until my most recent visit.

4. Sci-fi Drive In - Disney’s Hollywood Studios

For me, this is one of the best themed dining experiences anywhere. Experiences like this are part of what helps me view the Eisner era with such reverence. There is a fantastic attention to detail, and this is one of the increasingly rare relics from the early years of the park.

3. Teppan Edo - EPCOT

Japan is at the top of my list of countries I most want to visit. In the meantime, we have the Japan pavilion. This is such a wonderfully immersive experience. Firstly, the pavilion itself is absolutely gorgeous. But perhaps the coolest part is that your party is seated at the grill as your chef prepares your meal right in front of you! So much fun! Also get ready for a pattern.

2. Garden Grill - EPCOT

Living With The Land is my favorite attraction ever. The Behind the Seeds Tour offers guests an up close look at the attractions greenhouses, but I always wish I could spend more time inside the ride’s opening show scenes. The Garden Grill restaurant offers that opportunity! That is the main reason this place is so high on my list. But the food is wonderful too! And like the Sunshine Seasons food court, it’s made with food grown in the ride! Quintessential EPCOT right here!

1. Space 220 - EPCOT

Everything about this place is incredible. By far the most story-driven dining experience at EPCOT, rich with detail, and incredibly immersive, I fell in love with this place from the moment I first walked into its doors. The food was exceptional, the drinks were otherworldly, and honestly some theming elements felt inspired by Metroid. It’s everything I could ever want!

BagOfGroceries

Okay, time for mine

This one got on this spot very recently. Always been my sister from another mister’s favorite place to eat, and it wasn’t until i decided to join her most recent trip that I truly saw why. This place is simply excellent.

3. La Cellier Steakhouse - EPCOT

I can go here, get the Cheddar Soup alone, and be satisfied. This place is so delicious, and so well themed. If you haven’t tried it, you’re simply missing out.

2. Beaches & Cream - Beach Club

This place is the resort eatery for me. Delicious food, excellent 50s diner theming, and the sweets… I could go on and on about the sweets. Even if I can’t get a reservation, I always try to go there and grab a shake every trip.

1. Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ - Disney Springs

Two words: Good food. This place has the best food anywhere on property. Everything tastes absolutely delicious, and that’s probably because I’ve seen Chef Art himself at the place multiple times. If you haven’t eaten at Homecomin’, you simply haven’t eaten.

Last edited:

PerGron

HM to Whispering Canyon and Sci-Fi, both of which I love, but didn’t beat out the top 4.

4. Coral Reef- Epcot
So obviously the restaurant with the animal view makes my list haha. The view of the tank is easily one of the coolest dining rooms in the entire property in my opinion, but what makes this restaurant for me is the mahi-mahi. I’ve literally never eaten anything else any time I’ve been there, it’s exclusively mahi-mahi and I never regret it. My biggest issue is not every table is created equally and you can end up with some pretty bad views.

3. The BOATHOUSE- Disney Springs
This one exclusively ranks this high because of the food. The theming here is kind of meh and I’ve only ever sat outside anyway so I didn’t get to take it in. However, this restaurant serves swordfish which is my all time favorite food and they do it such good justice. Disney offers a lot of fish but rarely is it as good as the swordfish at the boathouse. My mouth waters just thinking about it.

2. Sanaa- Animal Kingdom Lodge
The other restaurant with an animal view!! But seriously, Sanaa is amazing and I probably never would’ve gotten to try it if it weren’t for staying at AKL and our room having a plumbing issue meaning we were late to getting checked in, so the hotel offered my friends and I a free meal at Sanaa. The bread service is some of the best bread I’ve ever eaten and I could make a meal out of it alone, but the Indian and African inspired food is amazing. As a more adventurous eater, I appreciate the selection here.

1. Ohana- Polynesian Village Resort
I know I just said I’m an adventurous eater, but if I had to pick one meal to eat the rest of my life, it’d be a good stir fry, and while this isn’t technically a stir fry, it’s basically that. The noodles are perfect as are the potstickers and wings, and the meats here, while they can be hit or miss with how fatty they are, are usually really tasty. That plus the Polynesian theming and music and entertainment are amazing.

spacemt354

Chili's
4. Cape May Cafe - a fish enthusiast's dream. I think I just have fond memories of here as a kid and hope to go back here one day.

3. Ohana - the noodles are where it's at, plus the views of th Seven seas Lagoon, in one of my favorite resorts on property, hard to top this but there are a couple I like even more.

2. California Grill - granted this was years ago and I have not done the new menu, but the views with the food, something very special

1. Biergarten - this is purely a nostalgia choice but I do think you also get the best bang for your buck here too. Granted if you're a vegetarian this probably isn't the place for you but it's a really fun environment and perhaps often overlooked on the World Showcase Lagoon.

JokersWild

Honorable mentions to Via Napoli, Mama Melrose, and any other restaurant I'm surely forgetting.

4. Satuli Canteen - Definitely my favorite counter service on property. The food is very unique for a Disney park and has been very consistent in my experience.

3. Kona Cafe - As a self-described "not a breakfast person" this is like the only place I enjoy going to for breakfast. Maybe it's the Tonga Toast, which is basically just dessert, or the Kona coffee, but I always make it a point to visit Kona Cafe when I'm in WDW.

2. Skipper Canteen - It's not so much the food, which is perfectly fine, as it is the theming. This is the only restaurant that I enjoy exploring. The rooms are varied, and very densely themed with a ton of easter eggs to discover.

1. Les Chefs de France - honestly I haven't been here in a really long time and it'll probably drop considerably in my ranking whenever I make it back to WDW. This is mostly nostalgia. I love French food, and Chefs is one of the first French restaurants I've eaten at. The changes to the France pavilion over the last decade have lessened the uniqueness of Chefs' menu, but it's still a great restaurant that I have a lot of nostalgia for.

Disney Warrior

I’m the type of person that doesn’t really pick favorites but I really liked Coral Reef, Tusker House, Hollywood and Vine (mostly due to nostalgia and I’m a sucker for good character dining), and Mythos. I actually forgot most of the places I ate at in Disney (though I do remember also eating at Le Cellier, which had awesome pretzel bread, and Tony’s at Magic Kingdom). I also remember getting that giant soft pretzel at NBC sports bar at Universal, which was also great (it was so big that I finished it as a snack the next day while I was in South FL, I also had a dinner at Mama Della’s, the only reason I remember it was because of the food and the musician playing spider man music).

Tdlr: Disney and Universal make great food

ThemeParkPriest

For today’s question, we’re gonna be listing our top 4 favorite dining locations. These can be within the parks, or resorts, or elsewhere on property (Disney Springs, Downtown Disney, etc).
This is a tough question for me. Although I consider myself a foodie now, I've usually just done quick service in the parks. The last time I was at Disneyland was a fasting day for me (Good Friday).

Here are the ones that come to mind:
4. The Polite Pig at Disney Springs--good eat in what seems like a rather standard mall offering
3. Jurassic Cafe at Universal Studios Hollywood--Costa Rican food located near the splashdown of the ride
2. Satu'li Canteen--great food presented in an intriguing way
1. Ronto Roasters--it's quick service, but probably the one meal that sticks in my mind the most

MonorailRed

Applebees
View attachment 709609

I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend!!! Happy Easter and Happy Passover to all who celebrate!!

Honorable mention to Maya Grill at Coronado Springs Resort. It’s a nicely themed Mexican restaurant with delicious food and phenomenal beverages. This was in my top 4 until my most recent visit.

For me, this is one of the best themed dining experiences anywhere. Experiences like this are part of what helps me view the Eisner era with such reverence. There is a fantastic attention to detail, and this is one of the increasingly rare relics from the early years of the park.

3. Teppan Edo - EPCOT

Japan is at the top of my list of countries I most want to visit. In the meantime, we have the Japan pavilion. This is such a wonderfully immersive experience. Firstly, the pavilion itself is absolutely gorgeous. But perhaps the coolest part is that your party is seated at the grill as your chef prepares your meal right in front of you! So much fun! Also get ready for a pattern.

2. Garden Grill - EPCOT

Living With The Land is my favorite attraction ever. The Behind the Seeds Tour offers guests an up close look at the attractions greenhouses, but I always wish I could spend more time inside the ride’s opening show scenes. The Garden Grill restaurant offers that opportunity! That is the main reason this place is so high on my list. But the food is wonderful too! And like the Sunshine Seasons food court, it’s made with food grown in the ride! Quintessential EPCOT right here!

1. Space 220 - EPCOT

Everything about this place is incredible. By far the most story-driven dining experience at EPCOT, rich with detail, and incredibly immersive, I fell in love with this place from the moment I first walked into its doors. The food was exceptional, the drinks were otherworldly, and honestly some theming elements felt inspired by Metroid. It’s everything I could ever want!

4. Sebastian's Bistro - Honestly, great price for the quality of food and it's on the easier side to get a reservation.

3. Art Smith's Homecoming - Fried Chicken. Sweet Tea. Good Vibes.

2. Kona Breakfast - Because Tonga Toast is definitely worth being included on the list.

1. Wine Bar George - Great experience just getting The Big Board. Love the flavor and fresh foods here, and if you get the second floor, it's always quiet. Honestly, I was definitely surprised it was the best meal I've had at Disney considering I'm not a wine fan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom