What If: Disney Parks Edition HYPE! Thread!!!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I’m going to let you know up front that there will not be any opportunities to use Roger Rabbit during the comp. Are you going to be able to participate with this in mind?

I want to be open and fair to everyone, but I can’t allow anyone to derail productive brainstorming.
Okay. What ever brings whatever is. I'm fine, I'll still do it. I hope next comp will have Roger Rabbit sometime later this year....

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
5A90E76F-A404-4A7C-9D8C-3F518969A7BD.jpeg

Living room or bedroom??

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
FC77CE5B-5CEA-4E7D-8A5D-5DB4599A571F.jpeg

As promised!!!

For those unaware, Tegan’s Top 4 is simply an open discussion where we list our, well, top 4 favorites of a specific topic as dictated by Tegan. (Ha! That’s me!)

Our first topic will be:

Your top 4 favorite (current) attractions that are unique to one park!

As per tradition, I shall lead off!

4. Radiator Springs Racers - sometimes modern imagineering hits a total home run. This is one of those occasions for me. It’s incredibly well themed, has a decent ride time, and is thrilling enough, while not being super intense, to appeal to pretty much everyone. I wanted to include 7DMT but I think RSR’s length just edges it over into 4th place.

3. Alice in Wonderland - just narrowly topping Mr Toad and Peter Pan for title of my favorite Fantasyland dark ride. I absolutely love that it’s two stories and had the little outdoor section. Plus I adore the film.

2. Spaceship Earth - it’s the icon of my favorite park. I feel like I HAVE to put it first on my list, but my favorite attraction of all time just beats it. While it needs a little TLC, it’s still a wonderful experience and must do on every trip.

1. Living With The Land - if I could only ride one ride for the rest of my life, it would be this. My favorite attraction of all time, any park, any era. It’s classic EPCOT at its absolute best!

JokersWild

Ok I tried my best to not have this be a list of four Tokyo Disney attractions, but I'm honestly still just super high on Tokyo Disney.

4. Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast - It's almost a perfect ride. One of the best preshows I've ever scene and three fantastic scenes brought to a grinding halt by one unnecessary one. Ignoring that one scene the ride is flawless start to finish - a fantastic wedding of new and old technologies.

3. Sindbad's Storybook Voyage - I cannot sing this ride's praises enough. Fantastic score, amazing set pieces, and absolutely astounding animatronics. I knew I'd like it, but I really wasn't expecting to fall in love with it. Also, Compass of Your Heart is available at most karaoke bars and I've made sure to take full advantage of that.

2. Pooh's Honey Hunt - One of the best dark rides ever created, bar none. Even 20 years after its opening this stands as the peak of trackless dark rides. My literal only gripe is that it's a little too short. If it had like one more scene it'd be perfect.

1. Journey to the Center of the Earth - I don't know if this is necessarily my actual number 1, but I feel as though I'm obligated by virtue of its SEA tie-ins. As a big Jules Verne fan this ride speaks to me on deep levels. From a design standpoint it's one of the most impeccably designed attraction's I've ever been on. Almost every effect is perfectly concealed and your view so focused that the world created by the ride becomes surprisingly believable and absolutely immersive. Hard to describe, but videos really don't do it justice.

PerGron

I’m not including shows or walkthroughs because otherwise it’d just be animal kingdom’s trails and bird show haha.

4. Dinosaur- I’ve never been to Disneyland or ridden Indy and I’m sure it’s better, but I’m a Dinosaur Stan and I’ll never apologize. I love how incredibly tacky the pre-show is and Dr. Grant Seeker may be the greatest parks exclusive character in any park. Plus the ride is thrilling and scary and full of animatronics.

3. The Great Movie Ride- The obvious answer since you said former, this ride was my biggest fear as a kid (especially the boarding scene and the alien scene) but as I grew up and became a film fan, this one rose and rose and rose until one day, at the peak of my love of cinema, they took it from me.
Spaceship Earth- This was always the answer and I definitely didn’t completely misread the prompt

2. Living With the Land- Now I go back and forth between this and #1 and if you ask my #1 ride it’s probably this, but I look at my #1 differently than a ride. But anyway, I adore LWTL. The greenhouse and environmental message is great and the barn music is my favorite parks music anywhere. My family and friends all make fun of me for how much I adore this ride, but it really is a masterpiece of an attraction and I will not hear otherwise @TheOriginalTiki

1. Kilimanjaro Safaris- Surprised I’m sure! I mean, what’s not to love? These are some of the most spacious and lush animal habitats I’ve ever seen with proper herd structure and everything! The animals make this ride and I think the fact that every single ride is different because of them is phenomenal. Kilimanjaro Safaris is the single ride I’ll wait over 90 minutes for. And I’ll do it multiple times a day just to get a chance to see everything. The reason I don’t really consider it a ride is it’s more about seeing the animals for me, just with extra steps.

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
3. The Great Movie Ride- The obvious answer since you said former, this ride was my biggest fear as a kid (especially the boarding scene and the alien scene) but as I grew up and became a film fan, this one rose and rose and rose until one day, at the peak of my love of cinema, they took it from me
Current, not former. But we’ll allow it 🤣💜

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok I tried my best to not have this be a list of four Tokyo Disney attractions, but I'm honestly still just super high on Tokyo Disney.

4. Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast - It's almost a perfect ride. One of the best preshows I've ever scene and three fantastic scenes brought to a grinding halt by one unnecessary one. Ignoring that one scene the ride is flawless start to finish - a fantastic wedding of new and old technologies.

3. Sindbad's Storybook Voyage - I cannot sing this ride's praises enough. Fantastic score, amazing set pieces, and absolutely astounding animatronics. I knew I'd like it, but I really wasn't expecting to fall in love with it. Also, Compass of Your Heart is available at most karaoke bars and I've made sure to take full advantage of that.

2. Pooh's Honey Hunt - One of the best dark rides ever created, bar none. Even 20 years after its opening this stands as the peak of trackless dark rides. My literal only gripe is that it's a little too short. If it had like one more scene it'd be perfect.

1. Journey to the Center of the Earth - I don't know if this is necessarily my actual number 1, but I feel as though I'm obligated by virtue of its SEA tie-ins. As a big Jules Verne fan this ride speaks to me on deep levels. From a design standpoint it's one of the most impeccably designed attraction's I've ever been on. Almost every effect is perfectly concealed and your view so focused that the world created by the ride becomes surprisingly believable and absolutely immersive. Hard to describe, but videos really don't do it justice.
I cannot wait to visit the Tokyo parks one day!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom