What I'd like to see done with Epcot...

MKingdom25

Originally posted by BTDis
Here's my wishlist for Epcot.
3. A water/raft ride at a World Showcase pavillion. Maybe Canada? China?

4. A mountain ride or some type of rollercoaster in one of the World Showcase pavillions.

Epcot just needs some new rides....

As far as #3, I think that would be cool as long as it was blended in, kinda low-profile, and didnt stick out like a sore thumb.

As far as #4, I am more hestitant on this. I like those type of rides but I am not sure how will it would fit into World Showcase. Test Track fit in well because it was by itself in Future World. But for a big ride mentioned here, it doesnt seem like it would fit well with the way WS is setup.

P.S. Shouldn't this thread be in the WDW Parks General Discussion? :cool:

cymbaldiva

I didn't think that Epcot was ever supposed to be a "ride" park. I mean a few rides are kewl (of course!), but the idea of the whole park wasn't about rides - especially not thrill rides.

Samurai Jax

Account Suspended
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
I didn't think that Epcot was ever supposed to be a "ride" park. I mean a few rides are kewl (of course!), but the idea of the whole park wasn't about rides - especially not thrill rides.

Thats like saying animal kingdom is a zoo!:fork:

WDWSwashbuckler

you know, why don't they hire US to do work on all the parks? I mean, we do basically have all the ideas that would make it work, right? Straight from the hearts of the true fans!:sohappy:

Samurai Jax

Account Suspended
Originally posted by dadisneynutter
you know, why don't they hire US to do work on all the parks? I mean, we do basically have all the ideas that would make it work, right? Straight from the hearts of the true fans!:sohappy:

It will cost more to build,operate ,run the parks ,and pay the cast members payroll ,then to ever get any revenue from it,
After all it still is a business.:fork: :(

ifiowneddisney

To respond to an earlier post,
The Mountain thrill ride was always in the plans for Epcot. There was originally plans for either a Matterhorn or Mt. Fuji ride in World Showcase. I like the idea of Epcot not being all about rides, and more about atmosphere and experincing different cultures, but to be realistic, guests need to also have some fun and adventure. Particularly, young guests find Epcot too tame and would like a few "e-ticket" attractions. This is why I think Mt. Fuji in Japan would have been a wonderful addition. It would fit in with the landscape and still be a major draw which that side of the park could really use. As it is right now, they don't even open World showcase until two hours after the park has opened, which is a definate sign that no one is in a hurry to get there. The park is educational, a few thrill rides would only enhance the experience for all. Besides who wouldn't love to see what Diseny Imagineers could put together for a Thrill ride in World showcase (Think Mt. Promethius inat Disney Sea, an Absolutly incredible ride!:sohappy: )? But I do understand your Point. No one wants it to turn into a Six Flags! ;)

MKingdom25

Re: Re: What I'd like to see done with Epcot...

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin

What if something went horribly wrong and Spaceship Earth rolled away? :lol:

Tiger Woods can use a 1 Wood and swing it back into place! :lol:

castlecake

Originally posted by westie
I really dig Soaring Over CA because of the smell factor. Like when you fly over the orange groves you can smell the oranges and when going over the mountains you can smell the pine but, What would Canada smell like??? Stale beer and back bacon? [/QUOTE

Apple blossoms over Ontario?

maple syrup over Quebec?

Fish over the East Coast?

Pine Over the Rockies?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by castlecake
Originally posted by westie
I really dig Soaring Over CA because of the smell factor. Like when you fly over the orange groves you can smell the oranges and when going over the mountains you can smell the pine but, What would Canada smell like??? Stale beer and back bacon? [/QUOTE

Apple blossoms over Ontario?

maple syrup over Quebec?

Fish over the East Coast?

Pine Over the Rockies?

Or the UK for that matter,

Diesel fumes over London,

Curry over the Midlands,

Stale hot air over Manchester

Brown Ale over Newcastle

Sheep turds over Wales

And the unmistakable aroma of deep fried food and Irn Bro over Scotland, cause after all it can be cooked it can be deep fried.:hurl:

Mag1575

Please leave the meet n greets for the other three theme parks. I wouldn't want to see characters in Epcot. To me Epcot is all about learning and education. Please, let it remain that way. I don't mind a high speed trhill ride in one of the countries, but please add another country. The last that was added was in 1989.

Mark

Figment1986

Add Ireland, It is a nice counrty, Been their in the summer of 2001. Fun, got to try the guines and other nice beers. Went to see the sites, drink at local pyubs, and it isn't to mutch like the UK. They could even add a ride based on the mythlogical creatures that live their,

(I will get the lepricons if it is the last thing i do, :brick: )Hope no one read what i just typed :lookaroun

Mag1575

I agree that Ireland should be added. Maybe they could have a Lucky Clovers ride? One where you have to escape from the Leprechauns. Or maybe you could just have Warwick Davis from Leprechaun chase you throughout the ride saying, Where's me gold?

Mark

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by Mag1575
I agree that Ireland should be added. Maybe they could have a Lucky Clovers ride? One where you have to escape from the Leprechauns. Or maybe you could just have Warwick Davis from Leprechaun chase you throughout the ride saying, Where's me gold?

Mark

HAHAH! Too funny. Or, you can have that guy from Austin Powers "Fat " chase you around saying, "Get In My Belly!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom