What I love about WDW!

Frontierland CM

Original Poster
With all of the complaining about the monorails not running during emh, I thought I would start a thread where we can all talk about why we love WDW!! There are so many reasons to love WDW, let's all remember why we love this place and all the magic it creates!! NO COMPLAINING ALLOWED! :)

WDWmazprty

With all of the complaining about the monorails not running during emh, I thought I would start a threat where we can all talk about why we love WDW!! There are so many reasons to love WDW, let's all remember why we love this place and all the magic it creates!! NO COMPLAINING ALLOWED! :)

You're going to start a threat?!? OMG!! :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, yeah, I grew up going to the World and never lost that feeling. Now I take my girls there and they equally love it! Seeing their faces light up and watching them have fun is just awesome!

Mr mom

I work in healthcare, more specifically, end of life care. As such my job can be pretty depressing and very stressful. Last year was the very first time I ever went to WDW and I fell in love immediately, my father in law said he could see an instant change in me. It was like all the worries of the world were washed away for that week. It was not until the last day that having to go back to reality hit me. My wife looked at me at the end of it all and said I know, there is a lot waiting for you when we get back and there was. But while there I picked up a little mickey badge holder. I call it my happy place and when my day is really bad I hold tight to my happy place and remember my trip. Shortly after coming home I told her that we would go back and for longer next time, a gift to ourselves to tolerate the work year. In 6 days I will once again be in my happy place.
Life is far to short to sit around and criticize what was not the way we wanted etc. There are always hiccups and issues with all trips etc. What do I like best, all of it. Even something as simple as just walking around the parks brings me joy and lifts my spirits. When I see a little ones face that I know has just arrived at WDW for the very first time it brings back the joy of my own childhood. To see all the little princesses who are super excited after being done over at the bibbity bobitty boutique or another family all smiles as they come from a ride gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Seeing my kids worn out but with big smiles on their faces at the end of a busy day in one of the parks, gives me great warmth.
So I guess my favorite and best thing at WDW is the feelings and relaxation I feel, it rejuvenates and re-invigorates me. I love it warts and all.

lighteningqueen

Walking thru the arches seeing the castle and at that moment no even caring my business is going down the tubes after 27 years.Don't care a thing in the world about anything back home.. My husband says its the only time I am nice to be around with when our business is on the edge.. It gives me a huge lift and I cannot get to each attraction quick enough!!! LOve it... Probably will not get back until 2013 sometime. Then the evil me returns. LOL

Yodadudeman

I really love how when you stay in Disney, you are secluded from the rest of the world. In my opinion, it is a TRUE vacation. You leave your world at home behind, and you emerse yourself in the world of Disney.

majorrfb

I'm with you on this topic!

Walking through the arch, getting on to Main Street.....

"Made it!"

Walking in always gives me a sense of relaxation and let the rides begin. At the end of every visit I usually think, this is it for 2 years. Within two weeks, I'm planning our next yearly visit. :ROFLOL:

docdebbi

watching the faces of the kids while they enjoy the World. i accompany a lot of newbies to disney (i'm the disney expert in the family and get invited along alot) and i really rarely watch the attractions anymore, watching the reactions of kids the first time is PRICELESS. pure joy!

WDWLOYAL1971

What I love the most about Disney is the joy it gives my D.D. on every trip. It's priceless. There's nothing I don't love about Disney itself. :sohappy:

MissMorrow

I love watching the fountain and listening to the area music in Future World, catching a Streetmosphere act, sitting on the beach at the Poly, looking in all the shop windows, just taking in the details in general.

Despite all of my gripes with Disney, my list of likes is still longer than dislikes :D

Frontierland CM

Original Poster
I love watching the fountain and listening to the area music in Future World, catching a Streetmosphere act, sitting on the beach at the Poly, looking in all the shop windows, just taking in the details in general.

Despite all of my gripes with Disney, my list of likes is still longer than dislikes :D

LOVE your avatar!

Frontierland CM

Original Poster
I love: Riding Soarin and hearing the gorgeous music, walking around the world in Epcot, listening to little kids talk about being excited to meet Mickey, the ice cream cookie sandwich from the ice cream parlor:slurp:, sitting under the rotunda listening to Voices of Liberty and then experiencing The American Adventure, seeing the giraffes on Kilamanjaro safaris, the broken tracks on Expedition Everest, watching peoples faces as they take off on RnRC, hearing the screams from the que on ToT, SHOPPING, taking in the beauty of the parks, and SO MANY OTHER THINGS!!!! :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom