What I have learned.....

hcswingfield

My grandmother's favorite quote: "The thing about life is that it's so daily."
My mother's favorite expression: "That's just the way it is."
My mantra: "Pain may be unavoidable, but suffering or not suffering from it is my choice." (In other words, either do something about it or learn to accept it. Sort of like the serenity prayer. And I've lived with AIDS for 16 years following this mantra.)

My theme song:
Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven
Don't you know each cloud contains pennies from heaven
You'll find your fortune falling all over town
Be sure that your umbrella is upside down.

Trade them for a package of sunshine and flowers.
If you want the things you love, you must have showers.
So when you hear it thundering, don't run under a tree
There'll be pennies from heaven for you and me.

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
My mantra: "Pain may be unavoidable, but suffering or not suffering from it is my choice." (In other words, either do something about it or learn to accept it. Sort of like the serenity prayer.

And I've lived with AIDS for 16 years following this mantra.)

LOVE LOVE LOVE your mantra......:sohappy:
Thanks for sharing that ..I think it is just what I needed to hear.:)

Congratulations....16 years...:sohappy:

Awesome..:kiss:

Uponastar

My grandmother's favorite quote: "The thing about life is that it's so daily."
My mother's favorite expression: "That's just the way it is."
My mantra: "Pain may be unavoidable, but suffering or not suffering from it is my choice." (In other words, either do something about it or learn to accept it. Sort of like the serenity prayer. And I've lived with AIDS for 16 years following this mantra.)

My theme song:
Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven
Don't you know each cloud contains pennies from heaven
You'll find your fortune falling all over town
Be sure that your umbrella is upside down.

Trade them for a package of sunshine and flowers.
If you want the things you love, you must have showers.
So when you hear it thundering, don't run under a tree
There'll be pennies from heaven for you and me.

Wow!
It never ceases to amaze me what we learn from one another here.
We go in and out of one another's lives on a daily basis and sometimes we give at least a little, and other times we receive so much. . . just because someone is willing to share a part of themselves with us.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
Congratulations on your 16 years. . .
Here's to many, many more!

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
I have also Learned this.....

People always come into your life for a reason, a season and a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, or to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or even spiritually. They may seem like a godsend to you, and they are. They are there for a reason, you need them to be. Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die, Sometimes they just walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season. And like Spring turns to Summer and Summer to Fall, the season eventually ends.

LIFETIME, relationships teach you a lifetime of lessons; those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people [anyway], and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas in your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Jess_

I have also Learned this.....

People always come into your life for a reason, a season and a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, or to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or even spiritually. They may seem like a godsend to you, and they are. They are there for a reason, you need them to be. Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die, Sometimes they just walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season. And like Spring turns to Summer and Summer to Fall, the season eventually ends.

LIFETIME, relationships teach you a lifetime of lessons; those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people [anyway], and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas in your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

I have a few REASONS i'm dealing with, several SEASONS that i'm loving, but just a few LIFETIMES that i adore and cherish. :)

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
I have learned..
That that things never go exactly the way you plan..
That even the people you thought would never hurt you ..sometimes do...
That love hurts...bad..
That trying to figure out what is the best thing for you is harder then it seems

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Don't cry because its over,
smile because it happened.

Pain and Suffering is inevitable
but Misery is optional.

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift.
That's why it's called: The Present.

A good exercise for the heart is to
bend down and help another up.

Life is what you make of it...
kinda like Play-Doh

The bubbling brook would lose its song
if you removed the rocks.

Happiness comes through doors
you didn't even know you left open.

Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

If all my friends jumped off a cliff,
I wouldn't jump with them.
I would be at the bottom to catch them.

A girl on the street is pointing up at the sky.
'Look, an Angel!' she yells.
Passerby laugh, 'You fool, that is only a cloud.'
How wonderful it would be to see Angels
where there are only clouds. How sad it would be
to see clouds where there are Angels.

Here is a test to find whether your
mission on earth is finished:
If you're alive, it isn't.

Uponastar

...that there are things I can do something about, and things I CAN'T...

Good one, Mary! (Hi, by the way! :kiss: )
As a natural-born worrier I have, of late, been trying to adjust my thinking so that I worry less about things I can do nothing about. It's not easy, though.

figmentmom

Good one, Mary! (Hi, by the way! :kiss: )
As a natural-born worrier I have, of late, been trying to adjust my thinking so that I worry less about things I can do nothing about. It's not easy, though.

Yep...it's all part of learning what to let go of, I think...

...and hi, yourself! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom