What have i done???

msthunder

eleven more days to go to our first trip to DW and I am finding myself dreading it more and more. At first I was SO EXCITED,, but after all the booking, scheduling, iterneraries,,, and books of tips,,, I am overloaded.

What was I thinking?? How in the world will this be fun???? There is NO WAY I can memorize all the do's and don't and go this way and go that way,, get a fast pass, catch the bus,,, wait in line, run to the mountain,,pack your blister mole skin, don't come off looking too stupid, stake out your spot for the parade, ,, put your fingers where?????

Now i just wish i would have booked a week at the beach or something.

DisneySam

Take a deep breath.........and release.........
Your trip will be great! I have to admit I make all these grand specific plans and usually just stick to my this park...this day schedule. Just kick back and enjoy your trip with your loved ones. As corny as it sounds...Hakunah Matata! You will be at WDW!!!!

Upvote 0
Listen, we here love to plan plan plan and talk Disney. It isn't as complicated as we make it sound. Several of us go 2-3+ times a year and it becomes a game getting the most for your time/money. The only advice I will give you is....don't sleep in!

Upvote 0

DisneyDavO

Listen, we here love to plan plan plan and talk Disney. It isn't as complicated as we make it sound. Several of us go 2-3+ times a year and it becomes a game getting the most for your time/money. The only advice I will give you is....don't sleep in!

Dave is absolutely right. Take what tips you think you might need and forget the rest! When you get there and you start doing things, one thing will progress into the next, and you will forget all about the stress:) . The people on this board are wonderfull with sharing their knowledge of Disney, but your brain will crash if you try to remember every tip and helpful hint!!:p

Upvote 0

RickEff

Like many have already said, a lot of us plan because we love to plan it! We remember all the things we're going to see, or the things that we've missed and the planning process gets us back in touch with our Disney roots!

Since it's your first time - you don't have that in your head yet. You haven't the memories to fall back on. So - don't worry about it!

If you find the planning stressful - next time, think two words (okay, kind of one word because it's a web address)

Our very own forum sponsers - http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com/

Upvote 0

ImagineAtl23

The WHOLE POINT OF GOING TO WDW IS TO RELAX AND HAVE FUN !!!!

Dont be obsessed about all the do's and dont do's.

You will never have fun if u just rush around everywhere to do stuff.

stop and mell the freakin' mickey mouse shaped roses

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

I'm glad everyone else seems to be feeling me on this one. I think we all tend to get first-timers a little freaked out around here sometimes. :lol: Nothing wrong with being well planned and enthusiastic, but you can definitely have a great trip with a minimum of planning as well.

And for the record, we also sleep in. I don't think I've ever been to the "rope drop" so to speak at any park, even during Spring Break.

Enjoy your trip!! :cool:

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

Couldn't say it any better. Relax. If you do that, you should be fine. I learned that the hard way. I took a trip last May and we relaxed a bit...took things slower. Didn't have as much planned...it was a wonderful trip and we felt relaxed when the whole thing was over with.

We then took a trip in January of this year and since it was only for a few short days we tried to cram everything in that we could. Well, by the time the middle of the third day hit, we were both so wiped. We had to go back to the resort to take a nap. We would have made ourselves sick if we hadn't.

It is definitely not stressful if you don't try to cram everything in. I know all the guides out there say to see things most effectively, you'll have to bounce from side to side of the park. Let me tell you, you can do most rides in a section while you are in that section. Only occasionally will you need to bounce around and that's usually when you have a fastpass.

You'll be fine. Take a deep breath and know that Disney is one of the most magical places on earth...but you have to relax enough for that magic to take hold...otherwise it will feel like you're just working too hard.

So relax.

Upvote 0

fkflintstone

Just use the plans as a general guideline .If you have to deviate from them don't sweat it, just go with the flow .You always see something that you did'nt plan on .Its a big relief when that day comes and you just get going on your trip.You will have fun there's no avoiding it.

Upvote 0

brkgnews

The original poster said two words that perked my ears... "mole skin." That makes me think he/she has the Unofficial Guide to WDW, which means he or she is thinking that every trip to WDW must be as well-coordinated as the D-Day invasion at Normandy. True, the methods listed in the book help for the busy times of the year... but at other times of the year they're not needed in the least. OP, when's your trip coming up, anyway? Maybe you'll luck out and wind up there during No-Man's Land (IE, a really dead time of the year).

Upvote 0

Lanipie

I've probably been to WDW a hundred times and I have never used Mole Skin. Until a week ago I didn't even know what it was. So don't worry about it OP! Everything will be just fine! :)

Upvote 0

fredtom

Just remember... there are no wrong turns at WDW... a new adventure is waiting around every corner. As others have said, you won't have time to do and see everything. So, just go your own pace and don't get flustered.

Have a fantastic time!!!

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

daverube

First off, take a couple of deep breaths. This is a vacation...and it should be enjoyable and relaxing.

I agree with a lot of other folks around here that the actual planning aspect of a Disney vacation is part of the fun. Personally, I think it enhances the whole experience.

However...once you get to the parks, you can throw most of your planning out the window. IF you want to do something easy for yourself, just decide which direction you want to go in each park. That way, you can explore and enjoy without all of the hastle of looking at park maps over and over. Don't get me wrong, I love the maps, but the rides and shops are pretty clearly marked...

I hope you and yours have a great time!!

dave

Upvote 0

JCorduroy

Steps for enjoying your trip, the JCorduroy way:

• Sit back, deep breaths. If you keep thinking you won't enjoy yourself, you won't - you'll psych yourself out. :)
  • When you get to your hotel, look around and realize that you're where you want to be, all the ills of the world are left behind, and just let the trouble melt away....you're in the happiest place on earth!!!
  • Don't bring a blender. Go to the Mickey at Home store at Downtown Disney, and buy the Mickey or Princess blender to really add to the experience.
  • Do, however, bring the rum - and extra, if you can handle it :). You don't want to ask "Why is the rum always gone?"
  • When you feel stressed out at a park (which will happen) find your favorite character and get a hug. It helps SO much!

Upvote 0

Firewolfe51

OMG this is almost a taboo thread here, but as I thought everyone is here to help and has a thought or suggestion. I have always said you almost need a vacation when you get back from your vacation. YES, its busy and a LOT of walking. We normally do not make priority seating or rock solid plans. The reason being is because we always see something new that we want to try. Not to worry, its the people who didnt even pick up a book or an website that has total misery. WE all have bad moments while there but after the "MAGIC" gets on you I promise you will never worry again. Except when the next trip will be.

The Wolfe's

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

But seriously, I usually start to get stressed/depressed about 10 days before we go. I love the initial idea, and I love all the planning, but when it gets down to packing, I start to regret the whole thing. Plus, by then usually hubby and I are fussing. We have started most vacation trips not speaking! But, a few miles down the road one of us apologizes, and then we take that deep breath and give up all our expectations and thoroughly enjoy the trip.

Upvote 0

msthunder

Original Poster
The original poster said two words that perked my ears... "mole skin." That makes me think he/she has the Unofficial Guide to WDW, which means he or she is thinking that every trip to WDW must be as well-coordinated as the D-Day invasion at Normandy. True, the methods listed in the book help for the busy times of the year... but at other times of the year they're not needed in the least. OP, when's your trip coming up, anyway? Maybe you'll luck out and wind up there during No-Man's Land (IE, a really dead time of the year).

We are due to arrive at CBR on Sept 1st and leave Sept 7th. Everyone at work keeps saying "OMG,, I cna't beleive you are going to DW on labor day weekend,,, OMG its gonna be SO crowded ,,, OMG,,, its gonna be SO HOT,,,OMG,,OMG,,OMG"

I just want to tell everyone here (at my work) OMG just SHUT UP. But that would be rude.:lol:

Upvote 0

Nemo14

We are due to arrive at CBR on Sept 1st and leave Sept 7th. Everyone at work keeps saying "OMG,, I cna't beleive you are going to DW on labor day weekend,,, OMG its gonna be SO crowded ,,, OMG,,, its gonna be SO HOT,,,OMG,,OMG,,OMG"

I just want to tell everyone here (at my work) OMG just SHUT UP. But that would be rude.:lol:
They're just jealous, so just give it right back to them! It might be crowded at first, but you'll be fine. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

I've been over Easter week, I've been in mid summer, spring, fall, Christmas. Each time has different opportunities and challenges, but it is ALWAYS fun. Just relax, do a couple of your list of "must do's" early in the day and just relax and let it happen for the rest.

While arrival day can always be a bit anxious, by the second day, I'm sure you will be able to relax considerably.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom