What has happened to the place we (used to) love?

JoeCamel

Three years? Worldwide pandemic leading to staffing shortages and reduced incomes along with a management change.
Will the Disney parks of old come back? I doubt it, it would take inspired vision and belief goodwill is more valuable than quarterly increases so lament if you want, adjust if you must and move on if you can't.

bhg469

Three years? Worldwide pandemic leading to staffing shortages and reduced incomes along with a management change.
Will the Disney parks of old come back? I doubt it, it would take inspired vision and belief goodwill is more valuable than quarterly increases so lament if you want, adjust if you must and move on if you can't.
The Pandemic was just an opportunity to accelerate their plans IMO. Of course it hurt just about everyone but I think we would be seeing this same situation down the road if the pandemic had not happened.

TQQQ

Original Poster
They just had their best revenue quarter ever

JoeCamel

They just had their best revenue quarter ever
add: pent up demand/
Right and we see the result of running the parks that way. The big complaint here is GS and it and $$ sit on each end of a teeter totter. Right now $$ is heavy but GS has to gain or $$ will fall off.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

The Pandemic was just an opportunity to accelerate their plans IMO. Of course it hurt just about everyone but I think we would be seeing this same situation down the road if the pandemic had not happened.
With this management? It is a certainty, maybe there will be an epiphany in the spring? I think that it is going to take a cultural change in TWDC to ever let the parks go back to the glory days of pure respect. Hope yes but sad reality is I moved on to points north after 20 years there.
The company exists in a very competitive environment with tremendous pressure to make a return on investments or those investments will find another place to get that return. Nothing is long term any longer it is all "data driven" until profit is the only guiding factor and the human element is lost. I doubt that will change

tanc

the pandemic was enough for disney to reaccess and find out how to make many cuts and QoL changes as possible. Everything is running at a bare minimum. But people still show with their wallet that it's fine, so why should they bother changing it.

CaptainAmerica

Regardless of the source... Where is the inaccuracy?
I'm as conservative as they come, but the New York Post uses "Disney" every chance they can as clickbait to enflame the populist Right.

This "article" is based on five random tweets gathered over the past six months.

Not just the Post,

And again source doesn't matter if the story is accurate. Which it is.
The Daily Mail is the New York Post of London.

CaptainAmerica

I was at MK last Friday. Splash had numerous animatronics not working ( i know it's going away but its still bad show) In the Little Mermaid the scene that was supposed to have "Under the Sea" playing was eerily quiet. No music at all, just the sound of the animatronics.
I was at Hollywood Studios in 2001. We rope-dropped Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. The onboard audio was completely off.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I was at Hollywood Studios in 2001. We rope-dropped Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. The onboard audio was completely off.

I think the point was that in the past, if an attraction wasn't show ready, it wouldn't be opened, espeically with multiple animatronics not working, no music, etc. Now, they don't seem to care and just run the rides in whatever shape that they may be and get to non-safety maintenance when it suits them.

Disstevefan1

I'm as conservative as they come, but the New York Post uses "Disney" every chance they can as clickbait to enflame the populist Right.

This "article" is based on five random tweets gathered over the past six months.

The Daily Mail is the New York Post of London.
Articles that are true and clickbait, it's a win win for these media organizations! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom