What happens to things that are lost and never found?

boojovi

Original Poster
you know some airports have thrift store and re-sell what gets left behind (its free money for the airport) .... Maybe Disney should do that. I would shop it.

heartodisney

Many unclaimed lost & found items go to Cast Connection, behind Magic Kingdom. There are tons of sun glasses, camcorder batteries, lens caps, hats, bags and other miscellaneous stuff. I got Oliver & Co on DVD for a quarter.

Company D, on the other hand, sells real merchandise, such as Cast Exclusive pins, clothes, and other WDW or WDC branded stuff.

My wife and I got to "visit" both of these places, with a CM, and I was impressed on the amount of things! So many people in and out of the parks and resorts, it is very hard to keep up with everything you own, so it is expected to lose some things...but sad if things are "taken" from you. The CM I was with said she would go to Company D to pick up things for family or friends that would visit. I was surprised though that the lost and found was a double-wide trailer and the Company D was a very nice building! :lol:

raven

My wife and I got to "visit" both of these places, with a CM, and I was impressed on the amount of things! So many people in and out of the parks and resorts, it is very hard to keep up with everything you own, so it is expected to lose some things...but sad if things are "taken" from you. The CM I was with said she would go to Company D to pick up things for family or friends that would visit. I was surprised though that the lost and found was a double-wide trailer and the Company D was a very nice building! :lol:

There are 2 stores over there: Cast Connection (the large building that sells Disney merchandise and now even produce) and Property Control (a Cast Member Only store selling broken merchandise and lost & found items). Company D is in the Disney University building across the parking lot from these stores and sells specific cast member merchandise as well as a few other small items.

dave&di

I lost my heart in WDW last Sept, haven't found it since, I'm certain I will find it again in 2012!!!! 511 days time!!!

I know :hurl: over the top? Sorry I couldn't resist!:lol:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

They're stolen, thus never found. :fork: This happened to a camera of ours once when the DH forgot it in the pouch in front of him on Dinosaur. An hour after the fact we checked with the attraction (big mess, long story), AK's guest relations about a dozen times throughout the day, Central Lost & Found 2 or 3 times daily for the duration of our trip and via phone at least twice a week for a month after our trip. Our camera never materialized. I cried for weeks. I could care less about the camera. The pics of my hubby & sons on their fishing excursion that morning were the treasure. Too bad whoever found my camera didn't get that. :(

From that experience I do know that after a certain time period things are offered to the CMs then donated.

I don't know how anyone live with themselves after that one. Anyone should be smart enough to know that if you want something badly and you had it then lost it it would suck. The belonging you find could be cherished the way you would cherish it, help get it back to the owner or leave it where you found it. Some people just don't have any morals.

eddiemcgarrigle

They're stolen, thus never found. :fork:

This also happened to my son. Picture a small, blue, ripped, tattered and well loved teddy bear. A teddy that had been owned by my son since he was born. A teddy that was always trailed about with him, from first thing in the morning until last thing at night. That is what was taken from my son's pram while we took him on a ride. Thanks to thieves who invariably threw it away, I had to tell my four year old son his teddy was gone. No amount of phone calls or visits to Lost And Found helped, teddy was definitely gone and most likely to landfill. :mad:

Thankfully we found a plush Jack Skellington and Zero that helped ease his pain for the last night of our holiday and then ebay turned up trumps with an exact replacement teddy(which he wouldn't accept until we ripped one of the paws and washed it about thirty times to get the fabric to feel right for him).

Top tip. Make sure you get multiples of whatever soft toy or blanket your child latches onto for comfort. You never know when you might need it.

loveofamouse

We had a toy spiderman stolen from our stroller at US/IOA. It's so sad that people will steal anything. Why reach into a stroller and steal a toy you KNOW belongs to a child? I don't even see how it's halfway tempting. I could maybe see if someone was dumb emough to leave their purse but a stuffed animal?!

Sadly, it could have been another child that took it. The parents notice later and toss it :(

When I'm at the parks, I see all kindsa valuables people leave with the strollers. crazy...

Phonedave

I can understand things like clothing and stuff being left behind, but cars?! I guess if someone died on the property, and had no family or friends with them, the car could be left... Weird, though.

In Newark NJ, if a car is left behind at P7 (long term parking) I would also be looking for a missing persons report.

Just sayin'

-dave

juniorthomas

It may have been left on purpose!?! I know people who have left their strollers behind on vacation. Even if you buy a semi-expensive one it's still probably less than renting one for a week and more convenient (depending on how you look at it). People use them at Disney and then ditch them!

My son lost a really cool hat back in 2008 did any CM buy it? :ROFLOL:

We also lost a plastic fairy wand at MNSSHP last year!

And I left a hat in the Rose & Crown but was able to get in back from the lost & found located at the TTC. I was hoping they would have kept it at the restaurant for a day but they shipped it over to the TTC right away. It was a little out of the way but I really liked the hat!

Thats interesting. Didn't think of it that way.

But yeah, if a CM found it and took it to lost and found (instead of some random park guest), theres a chance those hands and the wand were sold to some random Disney employee.

Kobe!!

Not sure if it's the same now but previously a CM would turn items into lost and found with their own name on it and after a certain period of time if it wasn't claimed the CM could have it.

Mostly the CM's would put their names on bigger ticket items - cameras, cash, bags full of Disney souvenirs.

The custodians could really clean up (pardon the pun) with the amount of stuff they found left around.

True story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom