What happens to ride vehicles after its ride closes?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Question, I've seen pictures and videos of extinct ride vehicles being driven off the property on a truck. And I was wondering what happens to them, are they sent to the garbage or scrapped for another vehicle? I know some Disneyland Peoplemover, Peter Pan, Snow White, etc. were in different auctions, but what happens to the unsold?
Did you ever see the ending to The Brave Little Toaster? Well there ya go.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

SPOILER ALERT:
1627609316810.png

Jon Good

When Horizons was torn down the ride system was sold to a company in South America. However most of the rest of the attraction was trashed.

Lilofan

It really depends. 20,000 League Under the Sea vehicles ended up all over the place. Some behind MK. Those are gone now. At least one is submerged at Castaway Cay in the Bahamas for Disney cruise guests snorkeling.
That's true. Also there is a broke down prop of a plane at the end of the long airstrip runway on Castaway Cay. Before Disney came to the island , the island that leads to the adult beach was well known as a secret stopover point for small planes in the 1970,80s flying from South America to South Florida during that heyday of times.

redsfan4life

That's true. Also there is a broke down prop of a plane at the end of the long airstrip runway on Castaway Cay. Before Disney came to the island , the island that leads to the adult beach was well known as a secret stopover point for small planes in the 1970,80s flying from South America to South Florida during that heyday of times.
Been on this strip a lot when running in the Castaway Cay 5k run

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom