What happenes when an Attraction goes down...

DisneyMedic

Original Poster
I was woundering...

When you are a CM in attractions and your attraction goes down for referb, what happens to the CM's. Do you get trained to work another attraction or are your hours cut? I am talking about Full Time people now. If you move to another attraction during a referb.. do you go right back to the spot you had at the orig attraction when it comes out from referb??

Craig & Lisa

:) Not having been a CM, the one thing I could say is that CM's are not trained to work only in one place, one year we were on the jungle cruise our guide was very good, but next year he was in another area of MK, and for CM's who wear a head I think they are reguired to be at least 2 or 3 of them because I had noticed two CM's talking outside of SM and they had clipboards with characters signitures on them with blank spots next to them for practice, so they have to be able to be multiples when asked.

AliceFan

Most area's in attractions, when you get trained, they will try to train you on more than one ride. Therefore if the ride goes down, you have other rides to work at. For example, It's A Small World just went down. But the CM in Fantasyland were trained on other rides in Fantasyland such as Peter Pan's Flight. Now in other cases, like Space Mnt. They are only trained sometimes at that one ride. However when space goes down for the refurbuishment, they will be cross trained onto other rides in Tomorrowland such as Indy Speed Way or Buzz Lightyear. As soon as the refurb is over, it is back to your old place, but lucky for us, we still get the oppurtunity to work the other rides, every so often as well. As far as hours go, hours vary more towards park hours and busy seasons vs. slow seasons.

Slipknot

Tomorrowland has 3 areas to be trained at: Space Mountain, Speedway, and the Buzz Complex (Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Stitch's Great Escape, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Astro Orbiter, and Carousel of Progress). In Fantasyland you are trained on most if not every attraction. It all depends on the land you work in. And after a certain amount of time working in a certain area, you can request to be moved to a different land/attraction, a different park, or just a different branch of the parks (i.e. merchandise, entertainment just to name a few).

mousermerf

Account Suspended
"Areas" constantly change too - sometimes Fantasyland is one unit and other times it's half and half, or maybe jsut two-rides per unit. This is to allow for CM flow with rehabs and such and to keep people from getting bored.

You have formally apply for a transfer to another unit, but cross-training within your unit is easy.

Example: Test Track was a stand alone unit. It merged with Energy and SSE prior to SPACE's opening. Test Track folks cross-trained at SSE/Energy. SSE and Energy broke off and Test track combined with SPACE. In short, folks jumped ship from both sides.

PagingTomMorrow

AliceFan said:
Most area's in attractions, when you get trained, they will try to train you on more than one ride. Therefore if the ride goes down, you have other rides to work at. For example, It's A Small World just went down. But the CM in Fantasyland were trained on other rides in Fantasyland such as Peter Pan's Flight. Now in other cases, like Space Mnt. They are only trained sometimes at that one ride. However when space goes down for the refurbuishment, they will be cross trained onto other rides in Tomorrowland such as Indy Speed Way or Buzz Lightyear. As soon as the refurb is over, it is back to your old place, but lucky for us, we still get the oppurtunity to work the other rides, every so often as well. As far as hours go, hours vary more towards park hours and busy seasons vs. slow seasons.

when is space mountain going down for refurb and how long will it take

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom