What happened with Night-tastic? 6/20

rockstarprinces

zulemara is correct. A guest was looking at the castle before the fireworks show, saw smoke coming out an exhaust fan from Cinderella's restaurant and called 911. Didn't inform a CM, just called saying the castle was on fire.

Of course Disney took it seriously (who wants a fire at the castle?) and dispatched Reedy Creek. The fireworks went on because the dispatch just said "fire" and either didn't give exact location or was misheard about where. Halfway through the show, Reedy Creek appeared and told them they had to reach the Castle. Castle=fireworks fallout zone and so the fireworks were immediately stopped. Once Reedy Creek gave the all clear, the fireworks started again.

Sorry it ruined your experience but at least now you know why.

gatoronfire4lor

We seem to have two different stories going on here.

My girlfriend (a cast member like me) was told by a fellow cast member that she was trying to leave work at that time, and the cast member bus was halted due to a security breach. Not sure about the 911 call, it's entirely possible that these two things happened at the same time. But there was a security breach backstage, and that was at least part of the reason the fireworks were stopped.

astro

Original Poster
Official line from a Main Street crowd control cast member (and a fair few others) that a guest did indeed call 911 due to a genuine fear the castle was on fire. Funny stuff, but ruined my evening! Grrrrr....

mpaul32001

I was in the hub before this show and my girlfriend noticed smoke coming from behind the castle. I thought it was nothing, and maybe just coming from Cinderella's Table, but I guess I was wrong!

prbiker15

I saw the fireworks on June 18. Everything was working fine though I was very afraid during the pirate takeover that the castle would get caught on fire.

The Rockewho?

I was there that night, me and the GF got down really close to the castle to get some good pictures, since it was our last night at WDW. We could definitely see firefighters coming out of the castle after the show was interrupted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom